• Advertisement

Official Thread - IIM Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 - One year full time residential program

EPGP_IIMB

Official Thread - IIM Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 - One year full time residential program

Postby EPGP_IIMB » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:03 pm

‪IIMB EPGP #‎StudentsSpeak‬ series:

This is what our current student Vinod Sankaranarayanan (EPGP 2015-2016) has to say:

“Before joining EPGP, I was working as a PreSales consultant for Accenture's Resources Industry Group. In my 9+ years of experience, I have played a variety of roles in the IT Services Industry across Solution Delivery, Domain Consulting, Business Consulting, Industry Research and PreSales.
As far as my experience at EPGP goes, IIM Bangalore has been an eye-opener in many ways. For one, the faculty at IIMB are experts in their respective fields. This coupled with their ability to push us to our limits ensures that we gain perspectives along with a thorough understanding of concepts. Secondly, my batchmates at EPGP are successful professionals from a variety of industries and backgrounds. This ensures that we have something new to learn from our peers every day. Apart from these, IIMB is a mesmerising campus which induces inquisitiveness in each of us, and gives us the energy to succeed.
I am sure IIMB and the EPGP programme will give me the platform and the knowledge to achieve the goals I have set for myself. Now that I have been here for more than a term, I feel IIMB will give me more. The ability to think big, the power to follow my dreams and the humility to appreciate all that we take for granted"

EPGP_IIMB

Postby EPGP_IIMB » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:44 pm

IIMB Director, Dr. Sushil Vachani is addressing management education aspirants in San Francisco on 8th Aug 2015

Admission to the event is free but Registration is mandatory.

Registration link: http://iimberpsrv.iimb.ernet.in/prod/szkprsp.sfshow

Postby baskar » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:18 pm

HI,

I want to prepare for 2017-2018 program at IIM0B(EPGP). below are my details.

10th-84%
Diploma-Mechanical Engineering- 80%
B.E-Metallurgical Engineering- 69%
Currently Head of Supply Chain & Marketing for an International MNC in power sector. My current CTC is 25Lakhs. I am really looking at EPGP program to bring me upto speed for my next stage career growth like Heading companies to the next level.

i am not sure if the selection committee will think my age(37+) a minus for the selection process. Will age matter a lot for selection process? What are my chances of getting the admission into EPGP course with the above background.

Also will i be able to get a company who can pay me more than 35+lakhs at the campus after this course.

Postby Santhosh » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:53 pm

The meeting in IIM Bangalore for the EPGP is not a meeting, but rather more like a general discourse. As all the forthcoming understudies have significant experience the meeting is constantly engaged towards the individual's work experience. I for one felt my meeting went extremely well and would have been baffled on the off chance that I have not got a call.

saurabh bansal

Postby saurabh bansal » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:24 pm

Hi dear all,
I have scored 720 in GMAT. Is that sufficient score to apply for IIMB or do I need to retake it? I am having 9 years experience contracts and procurement in a Public Sector Unit. I have heard that a single domain experience is bit negative in placements after one year program. Is it true?

Alok

Postby Alok » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:15 pm

Hello Guys

This is Alok. I am 29 now.

First of congrats for being part of such an esteemed programme
IIMB, tat says a lot in itself
I am a Senior Product Design Engineer, I work as a metier engineer in another word domain expert in Metro rail & trams.

I don't have a great profile but I have something which is a recent development.(Ambition)

I am gonna bore you with few things about myself. Kindly bear with me. I need a review from someone who has already achieved it.
I stay in BTM Layout. At 9 AM everyday I cross IIMB campus on my way to office for last 3 years.
I take a sigh every time & say to myself someday.
But I don't possess a great Academic back ground. A backbencher is the term.
I just tell myself I don't belong in there. What I have done to my Academic its unforgivable. It will hunt me for a lifetime.

Thanks to some of my friends I just saw a ray of hope if I do well in GMAT. So on 11th June 2016 I got up & buckled up to throw away the loser tag for good & decided to give my best in GMAT. If tats not enough I can live with that thinking I gave my best.
Now I have a score of 740 in my hand.

My life can be divided into 2 parts.

post 2010
GMAT 740(Q51 V39) IR 6
Total 7 years exp --> 5 years at my current domain + 2 years entrepreneurship (Coaching Institute). I have nearly 2 years of team leading experience (team of 10-15).

Pre 2010
But my past is not that great
10th - 84%
12th - 49%
BTECH - 6.3 CGPA in Mechanical

Apart from this I have worked for relief flood victim in 2005, 2014 & 2015 ( we are a group of friends & some locals)
I have won awards in singing, Cricket, Badminton
I work for 2 NGOs (one for blind child & another for children education)
I have won at least 12 awards in my job
I have some designs which are now implemented metro trains in India
Also I have some patents on metro underframe as a team
Have experience in B2B sales with success rate of 100% (1/1)

Now The big question. Is it realistic to hope to be a part of IIMB? Or My Academic profile will hunt me for the lifetime.

Regards
Alok

parthesh

Postby parthesh » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:24 pm

Hi,

Can I know the procedure for the EPGP course-one year programme including fees

PreviousNext

Return to One Year MBA in India