IIM I professor conferred Agra Gaurav Shri award

Dr. Kamal K. Jain of IIM Indore has been felicitated with the prestigious Agra Gaurav Shri Award by the Global Alumni Network of Agra University. The award was presented to him on March 8, 2014 in a function held at SCOPE Convention Centre, New Delhi.

Dr. Kamal K. Jain, Professor of in the area of organizational behaviour and human resources area at Indian Institute of Management, Indore (IIM I) has been felicitated with Agra Gaurav Shri Award by the Global Alumni Network of Agra University at a award ceremony held on March 8, 2014 at SCOPE Convention Centre, New Delhi. The Alumni Association of Agra University (AAAU) is a global alumni network of the erstwhile Agra University (currently known as Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University, Agra).

The awardees were chosen through a multi-tiered process. Nominations were invited from the members of the association. These nominations were then sent to a jury constituted for this purpose. The jury met several times and finalized the names of the winners

Some prominent members of the Jury who chose awardees in the area of education, medicine, civil services, literature and industry were Shri Pankaj Pachauri, Communication Advisor to the Prime Minister of India; Dr Hari Gautam, Former Chairman, UGC & Ex-VC, BHU; Shri Shashi Shekhar, Editor-in-Chief, Hindustan (Hindi); Padma Shri Dr Ashok Chakardhar, Vice Chairman, Kendriya Hindi Sansthan, New Delhi; and Shri A K Balyan, MD & CEO, Petronet LNG Ltd, New Delhi.

Commenting on the win, Prof. Kamal K. Jain said, “An award always gives you a feeling of joy and a sense of responsibility. A recognition from the alumnus of one’s own alma mater is a matter of great pride but in fact it is a recognition of the contribution made by the institution in shaping the career of its alumnus. In all humility I would like to say: 

है तेरी रहमत ऐ मेरे मालिक,
सोचा ना था जो, वह पाया हमने,
झुकाते हैं सर उस इबादत घर पे,
नसीब जिसके दर से जगाया हमने

(Thanks to your blessing oh lord,
I have received that which I never even contemplated,
I bow my head  in front of your holy house,
from whose steps my destiny took shape)
Past winners of the Agra Gaurav Shri award include:
Shri Ravi Tandon, Film Director, Mumbai
Ms. Meera Shankar, Former Indian Ambassador to USA
Shri Subodh Bhargav, Chairman, Tata Communications Mumbai