Name of the program
One Year Full Time General Management Program (PGDM)
Format & Duration
1 Year Full Time Residential MBA
IIM Ahmedabad is the first management school in the country to be awarded EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System) accreditation by the EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development).
- The MHRD-NIRF rankings of 2018 ranked IIM Ahmedabad as the Number 1 management institute in India
- Business Today and Outlook magazines rated IIM Ahmedabad number one in their annual B-school rankings for 2017
- IIM Ahmedabad was ranked 21th in Financial Times Masters in Management Rankings 2017 and 19th in Financial Times Global Ranking 2018
- The PGPX programme is consistently ranked top-3 in the world on Financial Times Career Progression category
Candidates must hold a recognized bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration in any discipline with at least 5 years of managerial/supervisory experience by March 31, 2019. PGDM (GMP) candidate may choose to apply through XAT 2019 or GMAT score (taken during December 1, 2016 to December 31, 2018).
Placements Data (Approx)
Placement statistics of the class of 2018
|Amount (in Rs Lakhs)|
|Salary Details||Average Salary (in INR Lacs)||17.54|
|Median Salary (in INR Lacs)||17.32|
|Highest Salary (in INR Lacs)||28|
Last year’s recruiters:
|Accenture||CCD||Girnar Soft||J P Morgan Chase||Network 18||Sutherland Global Sevices|
|ACE Creative Writing||Cerner||Goldman Sachs||JDA Software||Nihilent technologies||Syntel|
|ACT Broadband||Citi Bank||GSK||Jindal Steel||NIIT||TastyBite|
|ADP||Cognizant Business Consulting||Hackett||JLL||NISG||Tata Digital Health|
|Adventz||Congruent||HCL||Johnson and Johnson||Oyo Rooms||TCS|
|Aequs||Credit Suisse||Hero Motocorp||KPMG||Payu||Tech Mahindra|
|AFCONS||Cushman & Wakefield||HP||L&T||PepperTap||Tega|
|AK Capital||Daimler||IBM||L&T Infotech||Ramco Cements||Tracxn|
|Amazon||Dell||IBS||Magma Fin Corp||Rane Group||TSPDL|
|Apollo Hospitals||Developer Group||ICICI Prudential||Manali Petro Chemicals||Realization Technologies||UDS|
|Arcesium||DHL||IDC||Manipal Group (MAGE)||Renoir Consulting||Veryx Technologies|
|Aspire Systems||Directi||IMC||MAQ software||Rivigo||Virtusa|
|Atos||Dr. Reddy’s||India Property||Markets and Markets||Sarda Group||Vodafone|
|Bioquest||eClerx||Infosys Consulting||Marvel Realtors||Savetur Digital||Volvo Eicher|
|Call Health||FabIndia||InSolutions Global||Microsoft||Shapoorji Pallonji Group||Xoriant|
|Car Dekho||Gallup Consulting||ITC||Mphasis||SK Sarda||ZS Associates|
|CBC||Genpact||ITC Infotech||Mu Sigma||Standard Chartered Bank||Zuari|
Admission Process 2019-20 Batch
Stage 1: Applying through GMAT/XAT
Prerequisites for GMAT Applicants:
- All GMAT applicants must take their GMAT between December 01, 2016 and December 20, 2018.
- Indian candidate registering through XAT 2019 Rs. 1700/- and Rs 300/- each for every additional programme of XLRI
- Foreign and NRI candidates registering through XAT 2019 $50 and $25 each for every additional programme of XLRI
- Foreign and NRI candidates through GMAT Rs. 5000/-
Stage 2: Shortlist of Candidates
- The names of the GMAT candidates will be shortlisted by end of January.
- The names of the XAT candidates will be shortlisted by end of January.
Stage 3: Interview Process
- The interviews for GMP candidates through GMAT and XAT will be conducted between February and March in Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai and Jamshedpur only.
- GMP Interviews can be conducted over G-talk / Skype for overseas candidates. Candidate needs to get in touch with the admissions office for scheduling the interview online.
Stage 4: Result Announcement
- The short listed candidates will be announced via email along with an offer letter for XLRI-PGDM (GMP) by end of March.
|Average Work Experience||6.7 year|
Men/ Women Ratio :
Fees and other charges for 15-month PGDM (General Management) will be approximately Rs. 20 lakh (or equivalent in $ US) for the academic year 2019 – 2020. Food, electricity and other personal expenses would be charged extra depending on the type of accommodation preferred by the student. Fee may change next session based on the recommendation of Fee Fixation Committee.