IBSAT Examination Preparation
Students preparing for IBSAT exam are required to prepare properly for the exam with a few days before the scheduled exam date i.e. 21st December 2019 and 22nd December 2019. It is natural to feel nervousness during the days of IBSAT Exam preparation. We are sharing some useful tips related to the IBSAT exam preparation in the following article.
The aspiring candidates should initiate the proceedings with a positive frame of mind and removing all the fears and worries related to the examination and admissions from the mind. As there is no negative marking the candidates are advised to attempt as many questions as possible during the legitimate two ours of IBSAT Examination.
IBSAT Examination: How to prepare?
The IBSAT aspirants need to plan a proper strategy and timeline according to the IBSAT syllabus, and required to follow it with dedication.
The following point should be kept in mind while planning the strategy:
- Select the preparation material and study guides as per recommendation
- Prepare a logical timeline for the completing on syllabus and working on sample papers and mock tests.
- Follow the tips and trick from Previous Year-Toppers and Exam specialists
IBSAT exam pattern: Main points to be kept in mind
- Number of questions – 140
- Sections – 4
- Examination Duration – 2 Hours
- 1 question carries 1 mark
- No provision of negative marking
For better understanding, please go through the IBSAT Exam Pattern:
|Name of the Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Sectional Timing|
|Verbal Ability||50||50||No sectional Timing|
|Reading Comprehension||30||30||No sectional Timing|
|Quantitative Aptitude||30||30||No sectional Timing|
|Data Adequacy/Sufficiency and Data Interpretation||30||30||No sectional Timing|
Also read: How to register for IBSAT Exam
IBSAT Examination Syllabus
The IBSAT Examination syllabus consists of MCQs in English and comprises of following Section-wise topics:
- Verbal ability: Sentence formation, Idioms, English Grammar, Jumbled paragraphs, Vocabulary usage, One-word substitution, Phrases, and others
- Quantitative Ability: Arithmetic, Numbers system, Algebra and others
- Data Interpretation and sufficiency: Data Interpretation, Data comparison, Data trends, and Data sufficiency
- Reading comprehension: Reading comprehension passages(4)
How to prepare for IBSAT exam in 3 months
Is it possible to clear IBSAT in 3 months? At first, it seems to be a task which is too difficult to be done. But if an aspirant can prepare smartly, he/she can successfully achieve this feat. If someone is willing to take the IBSAT exam with the time available for the preparation is as less as three months, he/she should follow the strategy explained ahead:
- Work on the basics of the subject to get a strong grip over these and be fully updated fundamentally.
- While following the recommended books and study material, it is recommended to go for an online IBSAT preparation guide suggested by experts
- Solve sample papers and mock tests frequently and in the process find the weaker sections, and work efficiently on the improvement of those sections
- Solve previous year question papers
- Group study would also be a good option when time available for the preparation is limited.
Also read: IBSAT Mock Tests
Recommended Books for IBSAT preparation
|IBSAT section||Recommended books|
|Reading Comprehension||1. Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis|
2. Business Communication by Clark
|Verbal Ability||English Proficiency by IMS India|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma|
|Data Adequacy and Interpretation||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning by Nishit Sinha|
Also read: IBSAT Exam Cut-Offs
How to plan proceedings for the IBSAT Exam day?
All the top efforts done for preparing the IBSAT exam will go in vain if the candidate is unable to perform as per his/her expectation. Take care of following things on IBSAT Test day to concentrate more on solving questions and lesser worries for other formalities:
- Read the experiences shared by exam toppers to understand how to deal with exam-related anxiety and fear
- It is recommended to not revise anything on the exam day. Do all the exam revision work one day before the examination.
- Come to the exam centre an hour before the scheduled exam time
- Be focused and eat light and healthy on the exam day. Consuming fast food or heavy food could make you lethargic and affect your speed.
FAQs on IBSAT Preparation Tips
A: To prepare for IBSAT exam efficiently, the candidate should follow the recommended books, follow a timeline to cover the syllabus, solve IBSAT mock tests, sample papers, previous year question papers etc. , do practice and revision of each and every section properly.
Q. Is there any provision of negative marking for Incorrect answers in IBSAT exam for this year?
A: According to the official website of IBSAT Exam, there is no provision of negative marking for an incorrect answer or not attempting a question.
A: Practicing mock tests regularly improves the speed and flow of attempting questions, and it helps in performing better in IBSAT exam.
A: The syllabus of IBSAT Examination for this year includes four sections. (A)Reading Comprehension, (B) Quantitative Aptitude, (C) Verbal Ability, and (D) Data Adequacy/Sufficiency and Data Interpretation.
A: The section with the maximum number of questions is “Verbal Ability” Section and number of questions from this section asked in IBSAT exam is 50.
A. The topics included in this section are as follows:
sentence formation, vocabulary usage, English grammar, phrases, idioms, one-word substitution, jumbled paragraphs etc.
A: Yes, this feat is achievable. To crack the IBSAT exam in 3 months, the candidate needs to prepare with devotion and at the same time, he/she should be smart enough to manage the available time properly for optimum utilization. It is suggested to follow the study materials recommended by the experts, work on the subject fundamentals, attempt sample papers and mock tests. A well-planned revision is also required.
A: IMS India’s English proficiency is a recommended book for verbal ability section of the IBSAT Examination.
A: In the top MBA entrance exam conducted on a national level, the lBSAT exam is of moderate difficulty level. It is quite easy to be successful in IBSAT exam if you prepare for this exam with full concentration and proper planning. If you do these basic things right, you can achieve success in IBSAT exam and book your MBA seat in IBS.
A: An intelligent strategy to perform well in IBSAT exam calls for smart planning and management of time available for exam preparation according to the syllabus of IBSAT exam.
Got a comment, question or input? Share it below!