- Name of the B-School: Indian School Of Business
- Name of the course: PGPMAX (Post Graduate Program in Management for Senior Executives)
Executive MBA / PGPMAX at ISB | Accreditation | Ranking | Class Profile | Eligibility Criteria | Admission Process | Fees | Course Structure | Placement
- Course Duration: 15 Months
- Course Type: Part-Time
- Location: Hyderabad, Mohali
- Course Start date: April 2020
ISB has been ranked 7th globally in the Forbes Best Business Schools 2019 rankings
What is PGPMAX at ISB?
According to the B-School, it is a global executive MBA equivalent Program designed for experienced professionals/senior executives and business owners.
ISB’s PGPMAX is a 15 month, Global Executive MBA level Program designed to meet higher career aspirations of Experienced Professionals and Business Owners/Entrepreneurs with 10 to 25 years of work experience.
The main objective of the Program is to prepare individuals to be truly global business leaders and career advancement. It aims to develop analytical, strategic and leadership skills that are essential to navigate in today’s evolving business world.
According to ISB, Executive MBA participants go through high-quality learning which enable them to identify and understand various factors that drive businesses. The PGPMAX Program offers a well-defined curriculum with the right balance of theory, practice and experience taught by expert faculty.
Understanding of Global Business Ecosystem
Participants develop a solid foundation in key business areas, understand how markets and companies function globally and attend two International Immersions which adds a global business perspective.
Immediate ROI-Applicability of Knowledge and Increased Contribution to Organisation
Participants gain a deep understanding of interrelated business issues and objectives. It gives them an opportunity to have coherent discussions and apply their knowledge immediately. Thereby gaining visibility and consolidating the next phase of their career.
There are several tangible and intangible benefits of doing PGPMAX. Professional growth is often discussed and highlighted, however, participants find this journey a “humbling experience” adding value to their personal brand.
Lifelong Access To Invaluable Network
The network that participants develop is one of its most valuable outcomes. PGPMAX participants get full ISB alumni status that they can utilize. Lifelong relationships are formed. Participants get the opportunity to form connections across regions and organizations because of being associated with the ISB brand.
Who is this course for?
According to the B-school, the Executive MBA level Program attracts Experienced Managers, Upper & Senior Management Executives and Business Owners/Entrepreneurs with 10-25 years of full-time work experience. As a PGPMAX participant, you will study with accomplished individuals who aspire to be multi-skilled, global business leaders.
Enterprise Leader, Individual Contributor, Manager of Managers, Functional Head, BU Heads from Multinational Companies, Startups, Public Sector Institutions, Defence Services representing various functions are ideally suited for the Program. Business Owners / Entrepreneurs are also a part of the Program.
To be eligible to apply for the Program the following criteria need to be fulfilled as per ISB:
The applicant should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in any discipline. An equivalent qualification will be determined by the Admission Committee of the Program and will include the likes of CA, ICWA, etc.
The applicant should possess a minimum of 10 years of full-time work experience post qualification as on the date of submitting the application (desired experience is closer to 15 or more years).
A letter of consent from the current employer is required for the candidate to pursue the Program. This can be submitted either during the application process or once admission has been secured.
As per the B-School, Applicants to the ISB-PGPMAX Program are evaluated on several criteria to ensure that the participants selected are well-rounded individuals. Each component of the application and the performance in the interview is important.
Selection of the participants for the Program will be made considering a combination of many factors including:
- Leadership Potential
- Personal Attributes
- Global Outlook
- Attitude / Mindset
- Quantity and quality of work experience e.g. people management experience, decision making experiences, significant responsibility, the experience of managing budgets, etc.
- Achievement Orientated
- Strong communication skills
- Likelihood of benefiting from the Program
- Motivation to participate in the Program
- Undergraduate degree performance
- Performance in the interview
The above-mentioned criteria are not in order of importance.
As per ISB, the application process for ISB PGPMAX is as follows,
To apply to ISB-PGPMAX Program, candidates are required to submit an application along with the required documents. A well-defined application is the first stage of the process and is important. Take the time to complete your application. Candidates should pay special attention to their current role and responsibilities, highlight professional achievements and life experiences.
- The following documents should be scanned and uploaded along with the application:
- Colour photograph
- Passport photocopy
- Bachelor’s degree marksheets/transcripts (for all semesters/years)
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
- Marksheets/transcripts and certificates for additional education (if applicable)
- Proof of income (latest salary slip or Form 16)
- Company Support Letter (not applicable for self-employed individuals/business owners)
- Business card
- Two Professional Evaluations from current/previous supervisors
- Organization Chart
Additional Information about the application:
Employer Support Letter:
Applicants are required to furnish a letter from their employer stating the consent of the employer to allow the participant to study in the Program. The letter needs to state the nature and extent of sponsorship (financial and paid time off). It may be submitted either along with the application or along with the acceptance of the admission offer. Business Owners/Self-employed individuals are not required to submit this document.
Applicants are required to submit two professional evaluations. We strongly recommend applicants to opt for an online evaluation as per the format prescribed in the application.
For employed applicants, evaluations should be requested from the current manager and the most recent previous manager.
Self-employed applicants may get evaluations from business associates like your customers or vendors. In case of any doubt, please write to the Program Office before making a choice.
Misplaced educational documents
It is mandatory to submit the Bachelors’s Certificate and mark sheets for all semesters/years. In case of misplaced or lost certificate/mark sheets, we advise participants to initiate the process with the university for a copy at the earliest.
The Program office does not review applications with incomplete documentation.
Dates and deadlines
The online application process starts on 26 Aug. 2019.
2020 Intake admissions
- First Deadline 15 Nov. 2019
- Second deadline 15 Mar. 2020
Fee & Scholarship
As per ISB, the Program fee for the academic year 2020-21 is ₹3,963,000 plus taxes.
The fee includes:
- Admission fee
- Course material
- Boarding & lodging for most days
|Alumni Fund Contribution||25,000|
|Lifetime use of Recreation center and Library||15,000|
|Security Deposit (Refundable)||20,000|
A refundable security deposit of ₹20,000 has to be paid in addition to the Program Fee. This amount is refundable after deduction of any dues payable to the School.
Alumni Fund Contribution
An alumni membership of ₹25,000 is payable by all participants of the Program by May 30, 2020. The alumni membership is non-refundable for participants who successfully graduate from the Program. This fee will be fully refundable for participants who do not graduate from the Program either due to withdrawal or failure to clear the examinations.
Life Time Use of Recreation Centre
A deposit of ₹10,000 has to be paid towards lifetime use of ISB Recreation Centre. This fee is applicable for participants of all degree equivalent Programs at ISB.
Estimated additional expenses not included in the Program fee are ₹300,000 to 600,000 and include:
- Travel for classes at ISB-Hyderabad/Mohali.
- Travel (airfare/local conveyance) for the international immersion.
- Accommodation during field trips and travel associated with field trips.
- Purchase of laptops and other electronic aids recommended by the Program Office.
- Other miscellaneous expenses like mini bar, laundry, beverages, meals outside campus, etc.
- The ISB reserves the right to revise the Program fee.
- USD amounts are approximate and are subject to exchange fluctuation.
- The school realizes its fee in Indian rupees. Participants who want to remit the fees in foreign currency can do so by remitting the foreign currency equivalent to INR, based on the prevailing exchange rate.
- The refund of any fee is subject to the refund policy prevailing at the time of seeking a refund.
- It is mandatory to live in accommodation provided by the school during the days of classes.
- All participants are required to have a personal laptop, the minimum specifications of which will be sent before the start of the Program. Official laptops are not allowed.
- Participants may be required to purchase other electronic aids (iPAD etc.) as per Program specifications
- Admitted students are required to pay a non-refundable admission fee in order to secure a seat in the class.
- The tuition includes executive accommodation and meals on all class days
- Digital and Non-Digital course material is included
- Accommodation during the three international terms is included
- Travel costs are not included in modules in India and international
Payment schedule for the academic year 2019-20
|FEE ITEM||APRIL INTAKE PAYMENT DEADLINES||AUGUST INTAKE PAYMENT DEADLINES||FEE (₹)||GST||TOTAL (₹)|
|Admission Fee||20 days from the date of admission offer||20 days from the date of admission offer||3,00,000||54,000||3,54,000|
|Total amount payable||38,48,000||6,92,640||45,40,640|
According to ISB, financial assistance in the form of tuition fee loans are available to the participants. The sanction of loans is at the complete discretion of the financial institutions concerned. You may contact the below financial institutions for student loans.
Institutions providing loan facilities for ISB PGPMAX:
- AXIS BANK LTD
- AVANSE FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED
- CREDILA FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD
- ORIENTAL BANK OF COMMERCE
- ICICI BANK
No Placement Support
Got a comment, question or input? Share it below!
[news_focus cat=”Indian School Of Business-ISB” /]