- Name of Business Institute: Indian Institute of Management – Bangalore
- Name of Program: PGPEM (Post Graduate Program in Enterprise Management)
|Course Level||PG Degree|
|Duration||2 year (Week-end)|
|Location||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Program commencement date||NA|
|Total Fees||INR 18.5 Lakh|
|Rankings||In 2019, NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework), Ministry of Human Resource Development ranked IIM Bangalore No. 1 in India|
|Exams Accepted||GMAT/ GRE|
|Average Score For Admission||653|
What is PGPEM at IIM B?
The PGPEM (Post Graduate Program in Enterprise Management) is a 2 year weekend management course which was started in 1998. After the successful completion of the program, students are awarded the Master of Business Administration Degree.
The classes of PGPEM program is scheduled on weekends over 2 years, so that working executives could attend, without taking a break from their work. The goal of the program is to augment the functional knowledge of the candidates with modern management skills and prepare them for senior / top management roles in a global business environment. The PGPEM program of IIM Bangalore is fabricated for the requirements of high performing professionals from across industries who want to continue working while upgrading their management skills & knowledge.
Class profile of batch 2019-21
- Number of students: 76
- Male/ female ratio: 62 / 14
- Educational Profile of the Batch
- Engineering: 59
- Non-Engineers: 17
- Accepted GMAT/GRE Score of the batch
- High – 700
- Low – 590
- Average- 653
- Age Profile (in years) of the batch
- Highest Age: 48
- Lowest Age: 25
- Average age of Students: 35
- Experience profile of the batch
- High – 23
- Low – 4
- Average – 12.4
Course Structure & Syllabus
The PGPEM program at IIM Bangalore has 4 terms in an academic year & each term is of 3 months. The PGPEM program specific course-classes are scheduled on Fridays & Saturdays. In the 2nd year, PGPEM program participants with flexible professional work schedules may also choose to enroll in elective courses modules offered across other Post Graduate Programmes between Mondays to Saturdays. Each student is supposed to complete the required 750 contact hrs of the PGPEM program, within a maximum of 5 academic years.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum 50% marks in any discipline as per the 10+2+3 norms
- After acquiring the Bachelor’s degree, minimum 4 years work experience in any industry is required
Admission Process & Important dates:
- Applicants needs to submit the application for PGPEM program with one of the following tests score: GMAT/ CAT/ GRE/ IIMB Test
- Short Listed applicants will be invited for the personal interview & written ability test on the basis of the following
The Tentative time line and the schedule of events are as below:
|Application start date||23 August 2019|
|Application deadline||16 January 2020 (05:00 PM)|
|Date of IIMB Test||02 February 2020|
|Date of Interviews#||22 February 2020 & 23 February 2020*|
|Interview Cities||Bengaluru, Karnataka|
|Offers & Waitlist||09 March 2020*|
|Last date for offer acceptance||20 March 2020*|
|Last date of application withdrawal||25 March 2020*|
# Only the short listed candidates will be invited & intimated by e-mail, with all details.
* These dates are tentative and if required, are subject to change.
Fee of PGPEM course of IIMB 2019-2021
|Tuition Fee for PGPEM Program||18,50,000|
|Refundable Caution Deposit||10,000|
Note: Taxes will be borne by the student, as applicable. PGPEM 2019 Program fee is subject to revision.
- The PGPEM Program fee is payable in 8 installments and details about the same will be shared with registered students
- In case, any student needs to continue beyond 2 academic years (subject to a maximum of five years), to earn the required credits, he/ she has to pay a continuation fee of INR Twenty Five Thousand only per term for each term beyond the two year term, until she/he reaches the credit requirements of the program. The extension fee per term is payable, even if a student doesn’t take the courses.
- Scholarships will be provided by IIMB for the deserving students. In addition, banks in India and other financial institutes also offer the loans to the selected candidates.
Got a comment, question or input? Share it below!
[news_focus cat=”IIM-Bangalore” /]