One Year MBA / EPGP at IIM Indore | Accreditation | Rankings | Class Profile | Eligibility Criteria | Admission Process | Fees | Course Structure | Placements
- Name of the B-School Indian Institute of Management, Indore
- Name of the program One Year Executive Post Graduate Program In Management (EPGP)
- Course duration: 1 Year
- Course format: Full time, residential
- Start date: 21 April, 2020
- Location: Indore, MP, India
IIM Indore EPGP holds the dual accreditation of :
- Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- AACSB Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
Also Read – IIM Indore launches One Year MBA Class of 2015
- IIM Indore was ranked 4th among the Indian Institutes of Management (after Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Lucknow) and 6th among all the B-Schools of India
- IIM Indore is ranked 7th among all the B-Schools in India by business today 2017
What is One Year MBA / EPGP at IIM Indore?
As per the B-School, the Executive Post Graduate Program in Management (EPGP) is an intensive one-year residential program of IIM Indore. EPGP is specially designed to enhance knowledge, skills and capabilities essential for managing and leading organizations and the Program combines skill building with exploration of good management practices.
- Class Size: 66
- Average Age : 30.8 Years
- Female: 12
- Male: 54
- Average GMAT Score : 650
- Average work experience: 8.2
- International work experience: 384 Months
|IT & ITES|
|Energy/Power/ Oil & Gas|
According to IIM Indore, eligibility criteria and other requirements are as follows:
The program is open to all nationalities. The Candidate must have –
- 50% in Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in any discipline
- A valid GMAT score
The GMAT score should be within 05 years from the date of the application deadline date i.e. December 15, 2019. Hence the GMAT test date should be between December 16, 2014, to December 15, 2019.
Minimum 5 years of managerial / entrepreneurial / professional experience after graduation as on the application deadline date i.e. December 15, 2019.
- Mention only full-time paid work experience after obtaining a Bachelor’s degree.
- Do not include training / project work done as an integral part of any curricular requirement.
- Minimum years of experience should be 5 years on the application deadline date i.e. December 15, 2019
Also Read – IIM Indore Receives AACSB Accreditation
The associated program code for One Year Executive Post-Graduate Program in Management (EPGP) is “2ZX-H9-35”
IIM Indore One Year MBA / EPGP Dates and deadlines 2020-21
|Application Window||September 05, 2019, to December 15, 2019|
|Announcement of PI shortlist||December 21, 2019|
|Interviews Dates||December 28 & 29, 2019|
|Provisional admission offers||January 10, 2020|
|Last date for accepting offers||January 31, 2020|
|Program Registration||April 20, 2020|
|Commencement of class||April 21, 2020|
Note : * These dates are tentative and subject to change if required.
As per the B-School, candidates seeking admission to the Executive Post Graduate Program in Management of IIM Indore should submit their online application during Thursday, September 05, 2019 to Sunday, December 15, 2019 and pay the online non‐refundable / non-transferable Application processing fee of Rs.5,900.00 (including GST) for Indian nationals and US$118 (including GST) for Foreign nationals.
Interview of shortlisted candidates will be conducted at various locations (i.e. Bengaluru, New Delhi, Indore, Kolkata, Mumbai and Skype) depending on the number of candidates from that region.
Also Read – One Year MBA (EPGP) Alumni Meet at IIM Indore
According to IIM Indore, Short-listing of candidates for the interview will be done on the basis of GMAT score and / or any other criteria as decided by the admission committee for that academic year.
Shortlisted candidates shall appear for the Personal Interview (PI). IIM Indore also expects a consistent and minimum performance in the different parameters of Personal Interview (PI), which will be decided by the Admissions Committee. Candidates not meeting the minimum performance in any of PI parameters will not be considered for the next stage of the selection process.
Only the candidates satisfying the requirements mentioned above will be considered for the final selection. The merit list will be generated based on Composite Score (CS) as mentioned in Table – 1 and the provisional admission offers will be made.
Final selection will be based on the requirements of the Program. all matters pertaining to admission into the EPGP at IIM Indore is governed by the decisions taken by the Admissions Committee.
As per the B-School, fee structure and payment options are as follows:
Program fee and Payment Schedule for EPGP 2020-21 Batch:
- Non-Refundable Commitment Fee (payable at the time of acceptance of provisional admission offer) INR 1,00,000/- + Applicable tax
Selected candidates shall be required to deposit a non-refundable commitment fee of Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees One Lakh only) + Applicable tax. This fee has to be paid at the time of acceptance of the provisional admission offer by the selected candidate.
- Program Fee (including the commitment fee)
- For Indian Nationals (Indian Passport holder) INR 20,00,000/- + Applicable tax
- For foreign Nationals (Foreign passport holder) US $49,950 + Applicable tax
Option I: The balance fee of INR 19, 00,000/- (Rupees Nineteen Lakh only) plus Applicable tax can be paid fully at the time of registration.
Option II: The balance fee can be paid in three installments as per the below-given schedule:
If paid in installments, candidates are expected to provide an irrevocable bank guarantee valid up to 22 February 2021 for INR 10,00,000/- (Rupees Ten Lakhs only) with the first installment:-
- First Installment – On or before the day of Registration, i.e. 20 April 2020, INR 9,00,000/- + Applicable tax
- Second Installment – Before 21 September 2020, INR 7,00,000/- + Applicable tax
- Third Installment – Before 21 December 2020, INR 3,00,000/- + Applicable tax
The fee includes tuition, course material, access to library facilities, network/computer charges, lodging and boarding.
All expenses towards International travel, visa, passport, lodging and boarding (international) etc. would have to be borne by the candidate. Expenses towards academic input (international) are included in the fee.
According to IIM Indore, the EPGP is structured to prepare executives for transformational leadership positions. During the intense one-year Program, they will work towards developing a deeper understanding of various facets of management and hone their managerial skills. The Program is spread over five academic terms in IIM Indore campus and one International Immersion module at one of the top-ranking international university. The first three terms (mostly composed of core courses) focus on laying the foundation for the specialization through a bundle of electives offered in the other terms. An international module provides an opportunity to develop an understanding of the global business environment and an ability to operate in a multicultural environment. The last two terms are mostly electives and other experiential learning.
EPGP consists of six segments, which are:
- Orientation – Online HBS courses are offered to the students
- Core Curriculum
- Industry Consulting Module
- International Immersion
- Advanced Analytics Workshop
- Elective courses
- Simulation based learning
The pedagogy will be a judicious mix of lectures, case discussions, project work, term papers, role-play, seminar presentations, assignments, management games, and simulations.
Also Read – Admissions Open at IIM Indore for EPGP 2018-19
As per the B-School, the process of placement started after the cohort arrived back to the IIM Indore campus from a successful and enriching international immersion at the McCombs School of Business, Austin, Texas, USA and ended in May’19.
The participants were offered roles in
- Consultant – Strategy
- Associate Vice President – Banking
- Analyst – Strategy
- Lead Consultant – Domain Expert
- Manager – Products (SAP)
- Consultant – Domain Expert
- Business Analyst
- Sr. Manager – Business Development
- Associate Project Manager – Banking
- Executive Assistant to CEO
- Associate Manager – D&A/SI
- Senior Associate
- Product Manager
The placement season also saw a special interest from the recruiters to hire candidates for upcoming technologies such as Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, IOT, Industry 4.0 and Data Analytics.
The placement season 2018-19 saw a rush from the recruiters from all walks of the economy. IT still dominates the recruiting space, but there was an uptick from the other sectors such as Power, Consulting, Construction, FMCG, Pharma & BFSI. Notable start-ups, such as, Oyo, Elastic Run and Oaknorth Analytical, participated in the process. More than 80 companies communicated their interest and more than 60 ended up floating an opportunity or finally recruiting.
- Total participants 66
- Participants on sabbatical/company sponsored 14
- Participants opting for campus placements 54
- Roles offered on campus 51
- Roles offered off campus/Opting out of campus placements 3
Detailed Placement Statistics
Incoming (Rs. Lakhs) Outgoing (Rs. Lakhs)
- Average salary per annum 10.32 20.65
- Median salary per annum 9.76 22.15
- Average Salary Per Annum 20.65 Lakhs
- Median Salary Per Annum 21 Lakhs
- Maximum Salary Per Annum 31.68 Lakhs
- Minimum Salary Per Annum12.5 Lakhs
Broad Hiring Roles
- Technology – Data, Operations, Strategy & System Integration 14
- Domain Consulting –Manufacturing, Automotive, Life Sciences, Telecom, Insurance 18
- Product Management – Automotive 3
- Core – Product Marketing, Business Development & Strategy 7
- Finance – Credit Analysis, Auditing & Banking operations 9
Major recruiters List
- Accenture Strategy
- Oyo Rooms
- Accenture Technology
- Accenture Operations
- Hewlett Packard
- Sun Pharma
- Aditya Birla Retail
- ICICI Securities
- Shapoorji Pallonji
- African Industries
- Innoeye SKP
- Group Arshiya Ltd.
- ITC Infotech
Also Read – IIM Indore Receives AACSB Accreditation
Placements Data (IIM Indore EPGP 2017 – 18 Batch Statistics)
|Highest salary||Approx. |
65 LPA (8500$ /month)
|Average Salary||20 LPA|
|Recruiter who hired the|
|Accenture (7 candidates)|
|Recruiters||KPMG, PWC, Michael Page, |
Eris Life sciences & more
|Past recruiters||ICICI Bank, |
Gallup, Sarda Group,
Ujaas energy, Cognizant ,
Infosys consulting, Capgemini
IIM Indore old Data
EPGP participants have previously worked in over 29 countries spread across 4 continents
PLACEMENT STATISTICS – 2011-12
Average salary for Class of of 2011 – Rs 17.75 lakh
Average salary for Class of 2012 – Rs 16.5 lakhs
To be eligible for EPGP, the applicant must have:
1. A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in any discipline.
2. A valid GMAT/CAT score
3. Minimum 5 years of managerial/ entrepreneurial/ professional experience after graduation as on March 31, 2013
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCESS
16 May 2014 (indicative, based on last years deadline)
Selection is done on basis of number of parameters like CAT /GMAT score, academic performance, work experience, extracurricular achievements and interview.
|Tentative Timelines (2013-14)|
The program has 5 academic terms. The first 3 terms are core terms where the focus is on learning the management basics and laying the foundation. The last 2 terms are electives focusing towards specialization in a particular domain. There is an international module aimed towards g an opportunity to understand the global business environment.
How to Apply
Candidates applying to IIM Indore EPGP, either have to appear for CAT 2012 or submit their GMAT score. The GMAT score should have been obtained between Jan 1, 2010, and March 31, 2013.
Candidates applying through CAT 2012 have to mention their CAT Application Form number in the EPGP Application form. Candidates applying through GMAT have to submit their GMAT score along with the EPGP Application form.
The completed application form along with the processing fee should reach IIM Indore on or before 16 May, 2013. The application processing fee is Rs. 3500/- for resident Indians and U.S. $ 110/- for other nationals and non-resident Indians. Please enclose a DD for the application-processing fee drawn in favor of “IIM Indore” payable at Indore along with the application.
The associated programme code for One Year Executive Post-Graduate Programme in Management (EPGP) is “2ZX-H9-35”
- IIM Indore EPGP Essay 1: If work experience and academic/professional qualifications do not account for the entire period from the time you completed the 10th standard till date, please specify the time gaps, with full explanation.
- IIM Indore EPGP Essay 2: Indicate your extracurricular interests.
- IIM Indore EPGP Essay 3: Please give details about your accomplishments, awards received and position held (a) in sports, games, and hobbies, (b) in associations and voluntary organizations.
- IIM Indore EPGP Essay 4: Please outline briefly how you perceive the EPGP Programme helping you in achieving your future career plans/ prospects.
The program fee is Rs. 18,00,000/- (Rupees Eighteen Lakhs only) for Indian passport holders and US $45,000 (U.S.D forty-five thousand only) for Foreign passport holders.
The fee includes tuition, course material, network /computer charges, access to library facilities, lodging and boarding. Expenses such as international travel, visa etc would have to be borne by the applicant separately.