One Year MBA / MBA for Executives / MBAex at IIM Calcutta Accreditation | Ranking | Class Profile | Eligibility Criteria | Admission Process | Fees | Course Structure | Placements
- Name of the Business School: IIM Calcutta (Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta)
- Name of the Program: MBA for Executives (MBAEX)
|Course Level||PG Degree|
|Duration||1 year (Full Time)|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Program commencement date||17-April-2020|
|Total Fees||INR 27 Lakh|
|Rankings||In 2018, IIM Calcutta was ranked at 3rd place in India by NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework)|
|Accreditation||AMBA, AACSB, EQUIS|
|Highest Salary||INR 124.90 Lakhs (As per 12th Batch Placements 2019 Data )|
|Average Salary||INR 26.98 Lakhs (As per 12th Batch Placements 2019 Data )|
|Average Score For Admission|
What is MBAEx program of IIM Calcutta?
MBAEx (Master of Business Administration for Executive) is a one year full time residential program of IIM Calcutta designed for working executive having more than five years of professional work experience. The program provides the perfect platform to the managers, to develop & enhance their existing skill sets as they aspire towards senior or top management role.
The batch contains an ideal mix of experience & youth. Under the supervision of the leading experts & faculty of the country, experience from diverse background synergizes with the passion for persistent learning to create an illuminating environment.
Why One Year MBA at IIM C?
According to IIM Calcutta, what set them apart from all other management institute in India is its analytical pedagogy. It is a unique blend of theoretical knowledge and case discussion, enabling future managers to develop deep understanding of required skills and their application. Debate and interactive discussions are an integral part of IIMC’s pedagogy.
Class Profile of Batch 2019-20
- Size of Class: 62
- Gender Ratio: Female students – 7/ Male Students – 55
Academic highlights of the batch (Class of 2020)
- GMAT Score of the batch
- Median score: 690
- Maximum score: 750
- Engineers in the batch: 90%
- Students with Post Graduate degree: 10%
Overview of the work experience of the batch
- Average Work-Ex: 8 Years 9 Months
- Average international Work-Ex: 11 Months
- % of Students posses the international experience: 17 %
Work Diversity of the Class
- The class of 2020 has 62 students
- Average age of the student is 31 years
|Industry||Representation in Class|
|Energy/ Oil & Gas||11%|
The hard work of the faculty, students and the institute has resulted in a sweater outcome for the MBAEx graduates. As 12th Batch of MBAEx of IIM Calcutta had an encouraging placement season with an average salary offer of INR Rs.26.98 Lakh with rise of 10.35% against last year and a top salary offer of INR 124.90 Lakhs with a rise of 39.94% against last year. The median salary offer of INR 23 Lakh also witnessed the rise of 14.03%.
Participants of the MBAEx program make it diverse program in also terms of Industry representation. Many Participants of the program were successful in shifting to different industry, functions or role that they aspired for. For the Program, this shift is trickier & satisfying than to getting the jobs
Distribution of Offers – Sector-wise
|Industry /Sector||No of offers||%|
|IT Products & Services||9||14.52|
|Total no of Offers||62|
|Highest CTC INR (lakh)||124.90|
|Average CTC INR (lakh)||26.98|
|Median CTC INR (lakh)||23.00|
MBAEx program of IIM Calcutta is a unique blend of case discussion and theoretical knowledge that’s enables the future managers with greater understanding of skills required & their application. Interactive discussions, chats & debates are the essential part of IIM Calcutta’s pedagogy
IIM Calcutta has always been a pioneer in its role of introducing the innovative courses. it is no surprise that IIM Calcutta offers a very high number of elective courses providing its students the opportunity to choose from (the vast pool of elective courses) depending on their career goal and interest.
- Compulsory Courses
In MBAEx program, there are 25 compulsory courses spread over 6 terms, which students are required to take.
- Elective Courses
MBAEx program offers wide range of elective course spread over 3 terms (In academic term – 4th, 5th & 6th), from which students are required to take 15 courses.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline with minimum 10+2+3 (or 4) years of formal education
- Minimum 5 years of managerial/professional experience as on March 31, 2020 after completing your academic qualification
- A GMAT Score, not older than 36 months of application date
The admission process to the MBAEx program of IIM Calcutta will comprises of 2 rounds with the mentioned below dates
|Stage of the Application||Timeline of 1st Round||Timeline of 2nd Round|
|Application Open date (for downloading & applying)||1st June 2019 to|
15th September 2019
|16th September 2019 to|
15th November 2019
Selection Procedure – IIM Calcutta does not consider any pre-determined GMAT score for admission. An overall evaluation of the applicants will be done on the basis of the following factors:
- Educational Background
- Professional Work Experience
- GMAT Score
- Personal Interview
- Statement of purpose
- And Recommendation
FEE & Payment Scheduled
INR 27 Lakhs (Non-refundable) or equivalent US$ is the IIMC MBAEx course fee for the academic year 2020-21, payable in 4 installments.
- Installment 1: Payment of Indian Rupee Two Lakhs only by 22nd November 2019 (for round 1 admission) and by 22nd January 2020 (for round 2 admissions) along with letter of acceptance of the admission offer.
- Installment 2: Payment of Indian Rupee Eight Lakh only by 16th April 2020 along with Indian Rupee Twenty Thousand to be deposited as a security caution amount by Demand Draft/ Pay Order favoring Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. This caution money will be refunded on completion of the program after the adjustment of remaining dues. If any.
- Installment 3: Payment of Indian Rupee Eight Lakh only by 25th July 2020
- Installment 4: Payment of Indian Rupee Nine Lakh only by 28th November 2020
Important Note: The above mentioned program fee, includes the following:
- Tuition fee of the program
- Cost of the books and course material
- And economy airfare of study trips planned by IIMC
However, the above mentioned program fee does not includes the following and needs to be borne by the students as per actual
- Electricity charges
- Food cost
- Expenses of personal nature
Got a comment, question or input? Share it below!
[news_focus cat=”IIM-Calcutta” /]