One Year MBA / MBA for Executives / MBAex at IIM Calcutta Accreditation | Ranking | Class Profile | Eligibility Criteria | Admission Process | Fees | Course Structure | Placements
- Name of the B-School: Indian Institute of Management(IIM) Calcutta
- Name of the course: One Year MBA / One Year MBA for Executives (MBAEX)
- Course Duration: One year
- Course Type: Full Time residential
- Course Start date: 17th April 2020
- Location: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
IIM Calcutta is triply accredited by
- AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business)
- AMBA (Association of MBAs)
- EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System)
- In the FT Global MBA Ranking 2019, the MBAEx program was “Up 29 places from 78th to 49th, IIM Calcutta made the biggest leap this year “- FT
- The QS Global 250 MBA Rankings 2019 ranked it 111–120 in the world and 12 in Asia
- In India, IIM Calcutta was ranked third among management schools by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2018 and 34 overall
- It was also ranked second by Business Today‘s “India’s best B-schools 2017″and by Outlook India‘s “Top 100 Management Schools” of 2017
What is One Year MBAEx at IIM Calcutta?
As per the B-School, MBA for Executives Program is IIM Calcutta’s One Year Full Time Residential Program meant for Executives with more than five years of professional experience. It provides mid-career professionals the ideal platform to augment their existing skill sets as they endeavor to armor themselves for senior and top management roles in the industry.
The Class comprises an eclectic mix of youth and experience. Under the able guidance of the country’s leading management faculty, a passion for continuous learning synergizes with experiences from diverse backgrounds to create an enriching learning environment.
Why One Year MBA at IIM C?
According to IIM Calcutta, what set them apart from all other management schools in India is its analytical pedagogy. It is a unique blend of theoretical knowledge and case discussion, enabling future managers to develop deep understanding of required skills and their application. Debate and interactive discussions are an integral part of IIMC’s pedagogy.
- Batch Size : 63
- Average GMAT Score : 690
- Total work experience: 105 months
- International work experience: 11 months
- 01 (0.72%) are international students.
- 24 (17.39%) are residing outside India, spread across 11 countries
- 75 (54.35%) have international exposure in terms of work and studies
- 10% have a higher qualification (Professional, Masters) than bachelors
- 90% are engineers
Men/ Women Ratio
- 7 women students in 63 students
|Entertainment and telecom||3%|
|Energy/Power/Oil & gas||27.3%|
- A bachelor’s degree (minimum 10+2+3 years of formal education) or equivalent in any discipline
- At least 5 years of full time post qualification managerial/professional experience as on March 31, 2020
- Valid GMAT Score (taken within last 36 months of application date)
Admission Process 2020-21 Batch
Date For downloading the application form and apply online
- Round 1 1st June 2019 to 15th September 2019
- Round 2 16th September 2019 to 15th November 2019
Submission of duly completed application form
- Round 1 15th September 2019
- Round 2 15th November 2019
Announcement of shortlisted candidates
- Round 1 Second Half of September 2019
- Round 2 Second Half of November 2019
Interview of Shortlisted Candidates
- Round 1 19th & 20th October 2019
- Round 2 21st & 22nd December 2019
Announcement of selected candidates
- Round 1 Second Half of November 2019
- Round 2 First Half of January 2020
Last date of acceptance and payment of commitment fees
- Round 1 Second Half of December 2019 (3 weeks from declaration of results)
- Round 2 First Half of February 2020 (3 weeks from declaration of results)
Registration of Students 14th Batch
- 16th April 2020
Commencement of the program for the 14th Batch
- 17th April 2020
Assessment of the candidates is based on:
- Academic background
- Professional experience
- GMAT score
- Personal interviews
- Statement of purpose &
Program fee for the academic year 2020-21 will be Indian Rupees 27,00,000/- (non-refundable) or equivalent US$ for one year, payable in four installments.
- Payment of Indian Rupees 2,00,000/- (commitment fee) by 11th December, 2019 [Round 1] and 11th February, 2019 [ Round 2] along with acceptance of the admission offer.
- Payment of Indian Rupees 8,00,000/- by 16th April 2020 (second installment)
Furthermore Rs 20,000/- is to be paid as security deposit by Demand Draft/ Pay order favoring Indian Institute of Management Calcutta along with the second installment. This amount will be refunded on completion of the program after necessary adjustments of dues, if any.
- Payment of Indian Rupees 8,00,000/- by 25 July, 2020 (third installment)
- Payment of Indian Rupees 9,00,000/- by 28 November, 2020 (fourth installment)
This amount includes tuition fees and cost of course material, books, accommodation and economy airfare of study tours organized by IIMC.
Over and above the program fees mentioned in the above payment schedule, please note that other charges such as for electricity, food, expenses of personal nature are not covered by these fees and will have to be borne by the individual students.
|Term I||Term II||Term III|
|1. Micro-economics||1. Macro-economics||1. The Regulatory and Legal Environment|
|10 sessions||10 sessions||10 sessions|
|2. Human Behavior at Work 20 sessions||2. Designing Effective Organizations||2. Corporate Financial Management|
|10 sessions||20 sessions|
|3. Financial Reporting and Analysis||3. Cost Management||3. Managing World Class Operations|
|10 sessions||10 sessions||20 sessions|
|4. Information Technology||4. Marketing Management Foundation Concepts||4. Strategic Analysis & Choice|
|20 sessions||20 sessions||10 sessions|
|5. Managerial Statistics||5. Operations Research in Managerial Decision-Making||5. Marketing Management Strategic Issues|
|10 sessions||10 sessions||10 sessions|
|6. Induction and Orientation (Basic Mathematics & Introduction to Case Method of Learning)||6. One Workshop on Managerial Communication||6. India and the World Economy|
|10 sessions||10 sessions|
|7. One Workshop on Managerial Communication|
|Term IV||Term V||Term VI|
|1. Managerial Problem Solving||1. Creating and Managing New Ventures||1. Corporate Governance|
|10 sessions||10 sessions||10 sessions|
|2. Human Resource Management||Plus||2. Being a Chief Executive|
|10 sessions||Seven Elective courses||10 sessions|
|3. Strategy Execution||Plus|
|10 sessions||Six Elective courses|
|4. International Business Management|
|5. Business Ethics|
|Two Elective Courses|
Note: One Session = 90 minutes
List of elective courses is available on official website of IIM Calcutta. The link to the page containing list of elective courses is iimcal.ac.in/programs/pgpex/academics/elective-courses-offered-mba-for-executives-programme
IIM Calcutta MBAEX Placement 2019
The 12th batch of IIM C One Year MBA had a great placement season that witnessed a huge increase in numbers as well as qualitative improvements. The highest salary offered was INR 124.90 Lakh. The hard work of the students paid off as the average salary increased 11.16% to INR 27.18 Lakh. Median salary rose by 14% to INR 23 Lakh.
By February 2019, 95% of the class had job offers which represent the increasing demand for IIM C One Year MBA graduates.
For further details please read IIM Calcutta 1 Year MBA / MBA for Executives (MBAEx) 2019 Placements – Full Report.
Got a comment, question or input? Share it below!
Recent news about the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
[news_focus cat=”IIM-Calcutta” /]
IIM Calcutta MBAEX old data
Placements Data (Approx)
- Highest CTC (INR) 124.90 Lacs
- Average CTC (INR) 27.18 Lacs
- Median CTC (INR) 23.00 Lacs
The Batch had an impressive 61 offers extended from organizations across industries where Accenture hired with maximum offers of nine (9) numbers followed by EClerx, RPG and Invest Punjab with four (4) offers each.
The first time recruiters were
- Lynk Logistics
- Invest Punjab
- Guiltfree Industries
- Nissan Digital
- OYO Rooms
- Publicis Sapient
- Swiggy Labs
- Vector Consulting
Class of 2014
Batch Size : 50
No. of Female students : 7
Work Experience Highlights :
Average Work Experience (months) : 96.4
Average international Work Experience (months): 19.6 months
Students with international experience: 78 %
Academic Highlights :
Students with Post Graduate degree – 14 %
Work Diversity :
PGPEX 6th Batch (2012-13) Final Placement
|Sector-wise Distribution of Offers|
|IT Consulting / Telecom||20|
|General Mgmt. / BD||7|
|Sales / Marketing||6|
|Total No. of offers|
|Highest Salary Offered (domestic)|
Rs. 30.00 Lacs
|Average Salary (domestic)|
Rs. 19.73 Lacs
Highest domestic salary of Rs. 30 lacs was offered by EIP.
GAVS Technologies (USA) has made two international offers of US$ 1,10,000 and AUE 204000.
McKinsey Consulting, Microsoft, Cognizant Business Consulting, Amazon, iNautix, Ericsson, Accenture BPO, Unisys Global Services, GAVS Technologies, Fractal Analytics, Sutherland Global Services, Fi-Tek, Channel Play, Capgemini Consulting, Coca-Cola, Jay Tea, Target Corporation, Apps Daily World, Barclays Technology, Piramal Foundation, Phillips CLP, Dr. Reddy’s Lab and Latentview Analytics.
First time recruiters include Capgemini Consulting, Sudarshan Chemicals, Sutherland Global Services, Latentview Analytics, GAVS Technologies, Markets and Markets, EXL Services, Chemtura Corporation, Unisys Global Services, EIP, Channel Play, KEC International Ltd., Ericsson Escorts and Essar Ltd.
- A bachelor’s degree ( minimum 10+2+3 years of formal education) or equivalent in any discipline
- More than 5 years of post qualification managerial/professional experience
- A valid GMAT score (taken within last 36 months of Application date) is also required
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCESS
ADMISSION SCHEDULE FOR PGPEX – 8th BATCH (2014-15)
|27th June , 2013 onwards||Download application form and brochure|
|1st July – 31st August, 2013||Submission of duly completed application form|
|Second half of September, 2013||Announcement of short-listed candidates|
|Second half of October, 2013||Interview of short listed candidates|
|Second half of November, 2013||Announcement of selected candidates|
|Second half of December, 2013||Payment of 1st installment fees|
|15th April, 2014||Reporting date on Campus for Participants|
|16th & 17th April, 2014||Registration for students – 8th Batch|
|18th April, 2014||Commencement of the programme for the 8th Batch|
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Give detailed descriptions of three activities you performed in your workplace in the last five years which will
help us assess your abilities and strengths. Use extra sheets if necessary
Narrate an important/unusual incident of your life when you had to face a very demanding/challenging situation.
How did you overcome the situation? What lessons did you learn from this incident? Use extra sheets if
ESSAY 4 (only for re-applicants)
What are the changes in your profile vis-à-vis previous year’s?
ESSAY 5 (optional)
Anything else you would like to highlight in support of your application?
- Programme fee will be Indian Rupees 18,00,000/-(non-refundable) or equivalent US$ for one year, payable in four instalments as follows :
- a) By 20th December, 2013 [last date of acceptance) Rs.3,00,000/-(1st instalment)
- b) By16th and 17th April, 2014[Date of registration] Rs.4,00,000/-(2nd nstalment)
- c) By 25th July, 2014 Rs.6,00,000/-( 3rd instalment)
- d) By 28th November, 2014 Rs.5,00,000/-( 4th instalment)
- Furthermore an amount of Rs.20,000/- has to be paid as refundable caution deposit at the time of registration, i.e. 16th and 17th April, 2014 (Students provided with family accommodation will have to pay Rs 48,000/- extra.).
- The programme fee includes tuition fees, cost of study material, accommodation and cost of study tours organised by IIMC. Airfare, visa and medical insurance charges for overseas study tours will be borne by the Institute. However, students will have to bear the expenses for food, personal travel, electricity, cable TV, other utility and misc., expenses and any other expenses of personal nature during their stay in the campus or abroad.
Educational loans are available from banks, e.g, SBI Scholar Loan from State Bank of India against some criteria as applicable at the time during application for loan.You may contact Manager, State Bank of India, IIM Joka Branch for further details. The bank’s phone number is (033) 2467 2357.