- Name of the B-School: SP Jain Institute of Management and Research
- Name of the course: PGEMP (Post Graduate Executive Management Programme)
Executive MBA / PGEMP at SPJIMR | Accreditation | Ranking | Class Profile | Eligibility Criteria | Admission Process | Fees | Course Structure | Placement
- Course Duration: 21 months
- Course Type: Executive MBA
- Course Start date: June 2020
- Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- SPJIMR is accredited by AMBA.
- Approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Globally, The QS Global 250 MBA Rankings 2018 ranked SPJIMR 201+ in the world and 27+ in Asia, Australia and New Zealand. This has made it one among the top 5 Business Schools in India
- SPJIMR PGPM Programme has ranked #4th in India by Outlook in 2018.
- In India, SPJIMR was ranked 19 among management schools by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2018, fifth by Business Today‘s “India’s best B-schools 2016” and sixth in India by Outlook India‘s “Top 100 Management Schools” of 2016
What is PGEMP at SPJIMR?
As per the B-School, PGEMP is a 21-month postgraduate management program conducted in a modular format. It is specially designed for working executives with more than 5 years of work experience, who are unable to take a break from their jobs and attend school full time. PGEMP imparts the knowledge and skills of an Executive MBA program.
PGEMP is tailored specifically for middle-senior management executives and is quite distinct from a full-time or part-time MBA.
The program emerged out of a need of industry to retain talent, hone managerial competencies and prepare non-MBA mid-level managers for general management positions. It has a proven track record of developing general managerial capabilities ever since its inception in 2002.
Why PGEMP at SPJIMR?
- Get an internationally recognized qualification from one of the top business schools in India
- Invest time in self-development and further education without having to leave the job
- Learn through the application of knowledge at the workplace
- Learn from the collective knowledge of top SPJIMR faculty, as well as the experiences and perspectives of a talented group of peers from different industries in a collaborative environment
- Immense networking opportunities
Who is this course for?
According to SPJIMR, PGEMP is targeted at functional managers who have a high potential to shoulder general management responsibilities. Participants are of high caliber who have done exceptionally well in their functional roles and with work experience of 5 – 25 years.
As per the B-School, eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in any discipline.
- Diploma holders with 10 years of experience may also apply
- Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years of work experience after graduation.
- Academic record: Minimum 50% in all major exams
Applicants will need the support of their organizations in the following ways
- To get time off from company work to attend on-campus contact sessions
- Access to company information for submitting application assignments
- To obtain company information for Capstone Project
- Appointing a senior manager from the organization as a ‘Mentor’
- Sponsorship of fee (Optional)
As per the B-School, To apply for this course, you need to submit the following:
- Sponsorship/forwarding letter from the employers in the format given on the last page of the application form. This letter is mandatory even if the applicant is self-funded
- A true copy of graduation mark sheet, post-graduation mark sheet and professional course certificate. (If you are not a post-graduate or don’t have a certificate for a professional course kindly submit the graduation mark sheet only)
- A local cheque/DD/PO for Rs. 1200/- (Rupees One thousand two hundred only) in favor of S.P Jain Institute of Management & Research towards application fee
- After the close of the application submission date, the applicant will be informed through email about the date of the selection process by the PGEMP office
As per the B-School, the selection process takes around half a day and is held at the Mumbai campus. It comprises
- IQ and Psychometric test
- Group discussion
- Personal Interview
For applicants of partner companies, the process is coordinated through the respective HR department.
Dates and deadlines
As per the B-School, the current fee(2019-20 batches) is Rs 8,00,000 (Rupees Eight Lakhs only) per participant as under:
|Particulars||Amount in Rs.|
5, 80, 000
|Lodging and boarding (Lodging in our hostel on twin-sharing basis)||1,65,000|
|Books/ study material|
- This fee is applicable from 1st April 2019
- The fee is subject to revision without prior notice
- Individual applicants can avail of the installment facility as specified above
- Participants who wish to pay the entire fees together can avail of a discount of Rs. 20, 000/- on the fee of Rs. 8,00,000/- (Taxes as applicable on the balance)
Individual Applicants (not sponsored financially by their organization) can avail the installment facility as per the schedule is given below
|Installment||Amount in Rs.|
3, 60, 000
(Before commencement of the batch and as per the date specified)
2, 40, 000
(Before commencement of contact 2)
2, 00, 000
(Before commencement of the contact 4)
Taxes, as applicable, will be extra.
According to t SPJIMR, the objective of PGEMP is to enable corporates to create a reservoir of versatile executives with a strong base of functional knowledge along with general management perspective through a high quality uniquely designed program that requires minimal absence from the workplace.
The learning goals of PGEMP are:
- Integrative knowledge usable in real-life situations
- Structure and positioning of businesses in the domestic and global context
- Acting as an agent of value-based change
The Programme is conducted over four phases spread across 21 months and involves 60 full days of classes at our campus in Mumbai. The 60 days on-campus period is divided into 8 contact periods as under:
- Initial contact period of 3 days for the Pre-foundation phase
- 6 contact periods of 9 consecutive days each, over Foundation, Integration and Customisation phases. The off-campus period between two consecutive contacts is of 10-12 weeks duration
- Last contact period of 3 days for final exams and Capstone Project presentation
Residency on campus during contacts is mandatory.
Got a comment, question or input? Share it below!
[news_focus cat=”SP Jain-Mumbai” /]