One Year MBA / National Management Program / Executive PGDM at MDI Gurgaon | Accreditation | Rankings | Class Profile | Eligibility | Admission Process | Dates and Deadlines | Fees | Course Structure | Placements
- Name of the B-School: MDI Gurgaon (Management Development Institute Gurgaon)
- Name of the program: One Year National Management Programme (Executive PGDM)
- Course Duration: 15 Month
- Course Type: Full Time
- Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, India
MDI Gurgaon ranks among the top 8 B schools in India.
What is One Year NMP at MDI, Gurgaon?
As per the B-School, they are pioneer in starting 15 months Executive Graduate Program in 1987 named National Management Program (NMP). The NMP focuses on developing visionary leaders for the rapidly changing business environment. The focus of the program is to build skills and competencies necessary to lead change as leaders. The NMP attracts talents from diverse industries, cultures and geographies.
The 55-member cohort has an average work experience of 7.8 years and international work experience of 228 months. In effect, it means you will be among people who have put in a number of years in their chosen profession. It translates to lively classroom discussions, exchange of knowledge and networking opportunities.
Take a look at the work experience. While 43% of the cohort came in with 6-8 years, 22% had 8-10 years, 18% less than 6 years and 16% with 10+ years.
|energy (oil gas and power)|
|Sales & Marketing|
- The candidates must have 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in both X and XII.
- The candidate must have minimum 3 years Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in any discipline from any University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- A minimum of 5 years of post-qualification executive work experience as on December 31, 2019.
Self-Sponsored / Sponsored Candidates through CAT 2019 /GMAT
As per the B-School, applicants are required to appear for either Common Admission Test (CAT-2019) or GMAT. The Common Admission Test (CAT-2019) would be conducted by the IIMs on Sunday, November 24, 2019. Applicants must refer to the CAT Advertisement for further details.
If the applicant is applying through GMAT, the GMAT score should have validity of 5 years with reference to the closing date of round 1 & round 2 respectively.
As per the B-School, the selection process for NMP-2020 batch will be conducted in two rounds. The Applicants would be shortlisted on the basis of their GMAT scores in Round 1 for which the Personal Interviews will be conducted on Sunday,15th December 2019 (tentatively). All the candidates applying before 5th December 2019 on the basis of their valid GMAT scores will be called for Personal Interview on Sunday, 15th December 2019. Applicants applying after 5th December 2019 on the basis of CAT/GMAT scores will be shortlisted only in Round 2 of the admission process for which the Personal interview will be conducted on Sunday, 19 th January 2020 (tentatively). Candidates applying on the basis of their CAT scores will be shortlisted and called for Personal interview only in Round 2 of the admission process.
Dates and deadlines
|Application window opens on||11th September 2019 to 5th December 2019||11th September 2019 to 8th January 2020|
|Application fee||INR 3000/- including GST||INR 3000/- including GST|
|Application deadline||December 5, 2019 (17:00 hrs)||January 8, 2020 (17:00 hrs)|
|Interview Venue||Except for Gurgaon, other centers Bangalore & Mumbai are tentative||Except for Gurgaon, other centers Bangalore & Mumbai are tentative|
|Interview Date (tentative)||15th December 2019 (Sunday)||19th January 2020 (Sunday)|
Admission process, as per the B-School is as follows:
Applicants have to apply online by visiting MDI website https://www.mdi.ac.in. They can click on the program they wish to apply for and follow the instructions given on the website. Online registration will be open from 11th September 2019 to 8th January 2020. Candidates have to make an online payment of Rs 3000/– (Incl. of 18% GST) using Credit/Debit card/Net Banking. After the payment has been made an application receipt is generated, the candidates must take the printout of the application receipt and bring along with them at the time of their Personal Interviews. The candidate will not be allowed to appear in the Personal Interviews without submitting the application receipt duly signed.
Foreign / NRI / PIO Applicants
Foreign / NRI / PIO applicants can be considered for admission on the basis of their valid GMAT scores. Applicants have to apply online by visiting MDI website https://www.mdi.ac.in. They can click on the program they wish to apply for and follow the instructions given on the website. Online registration for Foreign/NRI/PIO Applicants will be open from 11th September 2019 to 8th January 2020. Candidates have to register for MDI Programme at GMAT website at the time of taking GMAT Examination. Applicants shortlisted on the basis of their GMAT score will be interviewed by MDI. Government Of India (GOI) rules will be followed related to the admission of these categories of candidates. GOI guidelines will be applicable in determining the NRI status of applicants. Candidates have to make an online payment of Rs 8496/- (Incl. of 18% GST) using Credit/Debit card/Net Banking.
Successful candidates for the admission process of Round 1 will be intimated of their final selection in the last week of December 2019 and for the admission process of Round 2 will be intimated of their final selection in the last week of January 2020.
Fee and other Expenses for NMP 2019-20
|Part A – Domestic Component|
|Nomenclature of Fees||NMP|
|Tuition Fees||Rs 11,00,000|
|Boarding Charges||Rs 1,00,000|
|Lodging Charges||Rs 1,55,000*|
|Learning Material Fees||Rs 70,000|
|Students Welfare Activities||Rs 30,000|
|Library Fee||Rs 40,000|
|Alumni Fee||Rs 15,000|
|OLP||Optional – on an actual basis|
|Security Deposit||Rs 25,000|
|Tuition fee and other charges for NRI/Foreign Students (excluding boarding and lodging expenses which are payable in INR and mentioned in the table above)||US$ 55,000|
* Rs. 2,80,000 – In the case of single occupancy
Wherever MoUs are signed between MDI & sponsoring organizations, MoU fees would be applicable.
Note: MDI reserves the right to enhance fees and other charges at any point of time during the Academic Year. A due notice would be given while making such changes.
Schedule of Payments NMP-2020-21
|Installments||Amount (in Rs.)|
Part B – International Component 2020-21 (Optional)
After completion of 12 months of the course at the MDI campus, participants shall be given an international exposure for a period of 2 weeks in ESCP, Europe. Tuition fees for overseas Learning program, boarding, lodging and incidental expenses to be paid as per communication from Office. Airfare, Visa fees & Insurance charges will be paid on an Actual basis.
- Organizational Behavior
- Organizational Design and Change
- Micro Economics
- Accounting for Business Decision Making
- Quantitative Techniques in Management
- Strategy Formulation and Implementation
- Legal Aspects of Business • Macro Economics
- Marketing Management
- Decision Sciences
- Management Accounting
- Research Methods
- Corporate Finance for Enhancing Values
- Operations Management
- Human Resource Management
- Advertising Management
- Business to Business Marketing
- Consumer Behaviour
- Customer Relationship Management (with IT Area)
- International Marketing Management
- Rural Marketing
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Marketing of Services
- Marketing Insights
- Strategic Brand Management
- Sales & Distribution Management
- Financial Risk Management
- International Corporate Finance
- Investment Management
- Corporate Restructuring and Business Valuation
- Project Appraisal and Structured Finance
- Corporate Tax Planning
- Financial Modelling
- Strategic Cost Management
- Personal Financial Planning
Human Resource Management
- Compensation Management
- Performance Management
- Strategic HRM
- Talent Management
- Training and Development
- Consultancy and Change Management
- Business Process Management
- Business Intelligence
- Business of Telecom
- Enterprise Systems
- Information Security Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Management of IT Projects
- Business Development in the IT Industry
- Strategic Management of IT
- Management of Quality
- Operations Strategy
- Project Management
- Service Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Systems Approach to Materials Management
- Corporate Governance
- Entrepreneurship and New Ventures Creation
- International Business
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Strategic Alliances & Joint Ventures
- Organizational Transformation
- Negotiation Skills
- Managing Across Culture
- Leadership and Emotional Intelligence
- Self Development and Interpersonal Relations
- Management of Creativity and Innovation in Organizations
- Team Building
- Modelling and Forecasting of Energy & Financial Markets
- Economics of Competition Policy
- Application of Game Theory to Business
- Environmental Management and Green Accounting
- Financing and Managing Infrastructure Projects
- International Macro and For Foreign Exchange Markets
- Real Estate Markets
- Energy & Carbon Markets
Public Policy and Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Sustainable Development
- Sustainable Energy Development
- Power Sector Reforms, Pricing, Market Mechanism and Regulation
- Effective Communication through Theatre Techniques
- Negotiation Skills
- Managing Image and Corporation Reputation
NMP 2019 Placement Details
At the Placement, the students received an average salary of Rs 19 LPA with the median salary at Rs 18 LPA and the highest at Rs 60 LPA.
In sector-wise placement, 50% chose IT, 23% Manufacturing, 14% Hospitality, 10% Finance and 3% Consulting.
|Egon Zehnder||HSBC||Bravura Solutions|
|Ather Energy||Moglix||Dr. Reddy|
Talking about the placements, Prof S S Tripathi, Coordinator-Executive Placements, MDI Gurgaon said, “The placements of the 31st batch (2018-19) of the program were quite good. We had a mix of students from all kinds of sectors including automotive, retail, information technology, manufacturing, consulting and BFSI among others.”
“The diversity of experienced professionals makes the NMP program unique. There was a steady flow of companies visiting the campus. Middle management roles like senior manager, general manager and assistant vice president were offered besides the regular roles of manager, project manager, consultant and analyst,” he added.
“Many of the companies had roles based in India yet their scope was global in nature and people were hired as part of global teams deployed in India. The major recruiters included Trident, Accenture, HSBC, Genpact, TCS, Infosys, Hero Fincorp and Udaan to name a few.
“Against the common perception of lesser jobs at the middle management level, many of these companies had expansion plans and required a good number of seasoned professionals who can start performing from day one, ” Prof. Tripathi said.
Saying that companies prefer to hire experienced professionals for their expansion plans, he said only those having five years and above work experience were eligible to enroll for NMP. He also noted that the NMP was the oldest full-time program at MDI.
Placements Data EPGDM 14-15 batch (Approx)
- 38 LPA Maximum compensation
- 16.3 Median Compensation
- 15.2 Average Compensation
Got a comment, question or input? Share it below!
[news_focus cat=”MDI-GURGAON” /]