- Name of the B-School: Indian School Of Business
- Name of the course: PGPpro
Executive MBA / PGPpro at ISB | Accreditation | Ranking | Class Profile | Eligibility Criteria | Admission Process | Fees | Course Structure | Placement
- Course Duration: 16 Months
- Course Type: Part-Time (Friday and/or Saturday)
- Location: Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Delhi, Hyderabad
- Course Start date: Mumbai-Jan 2020, Bengaluru-Jan 2020, Delhi-July 2020, Hyderabad-July 2020
ISB has been ranked 7th globally in the Forbes Best Business Schools 2019 rankings
What is PGP Pro at ISB?
According to ISB, the Post Graduate Program in Management for Working Professionals (PGPpro) is a unique Weekend Executive MBA equivalent Program for Working Professionals and Business Owners with 5 to 12 years of work experience.
PGPpro combines rigorous learning with the convenient format of alternate weekend classes. Designed for mid-career professionals, the program provides a major in Strategy and Leadership with an option to minor in either Marketing or Finance.
The program offers:
- Distinguished faculty
- World-class curriculum
- Peer Learning
- Career Services
- Executive MBA Equivalent to Strategy and Leadership Focus
- Blended Format – Classroom and Online Learning
- 18 Month Modular Program
- 1 Week International Immersion
- Convenient Alternate Weekend Format of Classes
- Classes Offered in Bengaluru, Delhi (NCR), Hyderabad and Mumbai
Who is this course for?
As per the official website of the B-School, they seek mature, motivated individuals possessing a combination of exceptional managerial experience, strong academic ability and superior interpersonal skills.
According to the B-School, eligibility criteria are as follows:
The applicant should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in any discipline. An equivalent qualification will be determined by the Admission Committee of the program and will include the likes of CA, ICWA, etc.
Full-time work experience of between 5 years and 12 years. Candidates having less than 5 or more than 12 years of work experience as on Jan 1, 2020 (Bengaluru and Mumbai) and as on July 1, 2020 (Delhi – NCR and Hyderabad) are not eligible for admission to this program.
As per the B-School, the application process is as follows:
The program office accepts only online applications. The form can be completed over several sessions. Applicants can save and review the information before the final submission of the completed application.
The following documents should be scanned and uploaded along with the application:
- Color Photograph
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate & Mark Sheets / Transcripts (for all semesters/years)
- Class 12 Mark sheets / Transcripts
Additional Information about the application
Applicants are required to submit professional evaluations. We strongly recommend applicants to opt for an online evaluation as per the prescribed format.
For employed applicants, evaluations should be requested from the current manager and the most recent previous manager.
Self-employed applicants may get evaluations from business associates like your customers or vendors. In case of any doubt, please write to the Admissions Office before making a choice.
Misplaced educational documents
It is mandatory to submit all certificates as specified in the online application and mark sheets for all semesters/years
In case of misplaced or lost certificate/mark sheets, we advise participants to initiate the process of obtaining an official copy from their University/Board/School at the earliest.
Admission decisions are taken post the completion of interviews in respective rounds. Candidates will be informed of the admission decision within 4 weeks of completing the interview process.
Candidates offered admission have to pay the admission fee within 10 days of the admission offer being made to reserve their place in the program.
- A non-refundable application fee of INR 5000(Inclusive of GST) will have to be paid for applying to PGPpro.
- Payments can be made only online via a credit card, debit card and net banking
- No payment is required to create a user login and start the online application
According to ISB’s official website, selection criteria are as follows:
Each application is evaluated holistically across different elements. The admission process is selective. Only high potential candidates make it to the program.
- Academic Performance
- Personal Attributes
- High ethical values
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and intelligently
- Achievement-oriented mindset
- Global outlook
- Professional Qualities & Work Quality
- Professional achievements
- Proven managerial experience (examples of project management, decision making, people management, etc.)
- Professional growth potential
- Leadership potential
- Interview Performance
Dates and deadlines
Application Deadline (Campus) Date
Round 1 (Delhi and Hyderabad) 31-01-2020
Round 2(Delhi and Hyderabad) 30-04-2020
Round 3 (Delhi and Hyderabad) 30-05-2020
Round 1 (Mumbai and Bengaluru) 31-08-2019
Round 2 (Mumbai and Bengaluru) 05-11-2019
Round 3 (Mumbai and Bengaluru) 15-12-2019
Fee & Scholarship
According to the B-School, the program fee for the academic year 2020-21 is ₹ 30,41,000 plus GST and includes the admission fee & tuition.
|Alumni Fund Contribution||25,000|
|Lifetime use of Recreation center and Library||10,000|
|Security Deposit (Refundable)||20,000|
* Taxes as applicable as per law will be levied and are subject to change.
The admission fee is non-refundable and payable on acceptance of the offer. The tuition is paid in a single payment or in four installments.
A refundable security deposit of ₹ 20,000 has to be paid in addition to the program fee. This amount is refundable after deduction of any dues payable to the School.
Alumni Fund Contribution
An alumni membership of ₹ 25,000 is payable by Bengaluru and Mumbai participants of the program by Dec 30, 2019, and for Delhi and Hyderabad participants of the program by June 30, 2020. The alumni membership is non-refundable for participants who successfully graduate from the program. This fee will be fully refundable for participants who do not graduate from the program either due to withdrawal or failure to clear the examinations.
The additional expenses (not included in the program fee) that a student is expected to incur are upwards of ₹ 100,000. They will be incurred on:
- Travel to ISB Hyderabad and Mohali campuses.
- Travel (airfare/local conveyance) for the international immersion.
Purchase of laptops and other electronic aids recommended by ISB.
As per the B-School, the participants have the option to pay the fees in a single payment or installments. It covers only admission, tuition and course material. The fee does not include international travel costs, boarding & lodging and other miscellaneous expenses.
Payment Schedule details
|FEE ITEM||PAYABLE BY||FEE (₹)|
|Admission Fee||10 days from date of admission offer||3,00,000|
|1st Instalment||December 30, 2019 (Bengaluru and Mumbai)||6,71,500|
|June 30, 2020 (Delhi and Hyderabad)|
|2nd installment||March 30, 2020 (Bengaluru and Mumbai)||6,71,500|
|September 30, 2020 (Delhi and Hyderabad)|
|3rd Installment||June 30, 2020 (Bengaluru and Mumbai)||6,71,500|
|December 30, 2020 (Delhi and Hyderabad)|
|4th Installment||September 30, 2020 (Bengaluru and Mumbai)||6,71,500|
|March 30, 2021 (Delhi and Hyderabad)|
*The above payment schedule is tentative and does not include GST.
- The ISB reserves the right to revise the program fee.
- The school realizes its fee in Indian rupees. Participants who want to remit the fees in foreign currency can do so by remitting the foreign currency equivalent to Indian Rupees, based on the prevailing exchange rate.
- The refund of any fee is subject to the refund policy prevailing at the time of seeking a refund.
- All participants are required to have a personal laptop, the minimum specifications of which will be sent before the start of the program. Official laptops are not allowed.
- Participants may be required to purchase other electronic aids (iPad etc.) as per program specifications.
As per the B-School, financial assistance in the form of loans may be available to participants of this program. Interested applicants may directly contact the financial institutions for details.
Banks providing loan facilities:
- INDIAN BANK
- AXIS BANK LTD
- ICICI BANK
- HDFC CREDILA FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD
- UNION BANK
- AVANSE FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED
As per their official website, ISB scholarships upto INR 10 lakhs each will be awarded to eligible students.
Scholarships will also be awarded to students coming from the NGO/ PSU/ Armed Forces background. Eligible students will be awarded scholarships upto 50% of the Tuition fees.
ISB scholarships cover upto INR 10 Lakhs of the Tuition fees. The tuition waiver does not cover
- Admission fee
- Application fee
- Domestic and International travel
- Incidental expenses
- Boarding and lodging
The students will have to take care of these expenses on their own.
How to apply for the scholarship?
If you are an applicant from the aforementioned backgrounds, then your application will automatically be considered for Scholarship.
The number of scholarships is limited and at the discretion of the school. A mere application does not guarantee admission to the program or the scholarship.
Offered in Bengaluru, Delhi (NCR), Hyderabad and Mumbai | Alternate Weekends | 18 months | International Week
A supportive learning environment is created as participants engage with faculty and peers. Throughout the journey they unlearn, reflect, and redefine their boundaries. The critical learning outcomes in the program will focus on
Have heightened awareness of what it takes to exercise effective leadership at senior levels through key initiatives, effective execution, influencing, inspiring and empowering people and managing change.
Critical and Integrative Thinking
Demonstrate an ability to identify the central problem/issue, despite limited or overwhelming information, draw and assess recommendations using a perspective that integrates both functional (i.e. business functions) and relevant external information, and deploy them effectively to solve business problems.
Understand the nature of global issues impacting business, including competition, policies, politics, culture and customers and have the ability to manage them effectively.
Have the ability to make responsible decisions through enhanced sensitivity to various stakeholders, communities, and the environment that are affected by management decisions.
As a global business school, we create the latest curriculum in collaboration with our academic partner schools. The PGPpro curriculum is aligned to the requirements of mid-career professionals and aims at accelerating their careers.
It prepares participants to have a deep understanding of business opportunities and challenges, take decisions based on data points, and lead with impact.
Participants learn the tools, skills, and industry best practices required for a broader understanding of business. Over 18 months, the integrated curriculum covers 24 courses and is divided into 4 categories with the focus on Leadership & Strategy.
Faculty Members deliver this innovative curriculum using a variety of teaching methods with the right balance of theory, research and practice, leading to an enriching learning experience.
- Corporate Control, Merger & Acquisition
- Portfolio Management
- Capital Raising Strategies In Corporations
- New Product Development & Marketing
- Pricing & Distribution/Business Models
- Customer Behaviour & Branding
PGPPro helps students with identifying job goals and helps in the job search. For company-sponsored candidates, no job search support is provided.
Got a comment, question or input? Share it below!
[news_focus cat=”indian-school-of-business-isb” /]