One Year MBA at University of Western Australia
- Name of B-School University of western Australia
- Name of the Course: MBA (Intensive)
- Course Duration: 12-18 Moths
- Course type: Full Time
- Course start scheduled: January 2020
- Location: Perth
- Course Code 43520
- CRICOS Code 081415F
About B School
According to the UWA official website, as the only Western Australian University in the Group of Eight, UWA is a research-intensive institution and home to globally recognized scholars such as Nobel Laureate Professor Barry Marshall. We have more than 75 research and training centers and receive about 80 per cent of all research funding to WA universities annually.
UWA is one of only two Australian members of the Worldwide Universities Network, a partnership of 18 research-led universities, and is a foundation member of the Matariki Network of high-quality, research-intensive universities with a particular focus on student experience.
- European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- 5 stars for Student: Teacher Ratio, Student Retention and Student Demand (QS 2018)
- Nine of our subjects are ranked in the world’s top 50 (ARWU 2018)
- Ranked 86th in the Top 100 universities of the world (QS 2020)
What is one year MBA at Western Australia University?
As per the B-School, It is an MBA Intensive program to prepare established professionals for the next executive stage of their careers. The course offers the following unique features:
- Personalized Leadership Development Program developed by world-class Leadership Faculty.
- One-on-one mentoring from a senior industry executive.
- International study tour
- Extensive career services support: coaching and workshops via our MBA Career Services Manager and industry professionals.
- Strategic Analysis and Consulting Project, working on a real project for one of our partner organisations (previously including Woodside, BHP, Rio Tinto and Reconciliation WA).
- Masterclasses with Senior Executives and Senior Managers from top ASX companies and government departments.
- Direct contact with members of the Business School Board.
As per the B-School, to be considered for admission to this course an applicant must have—
(a) a bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent qualification, as recognised by UWA;
(b)(i) a valid Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)* score, and at least three years of relevant, documented professional experience; or
(ii) a valid GMAT* score of at least 650, and at least two years of relevant, documented professional experience.
* GMAT scores are valid for five years.
Applicants should submit their application online with the following documentation:
- a personal statement of 1000 words detailing why you wish to undertake this course and drawing attention to the relevant aspects of your current and prospective employment which would benefit from completing the course.
- a current curriculum vitae (CV)
- evidence of academic English language skills
- a valid GMAT test score report
- two referee reports
- original versions of academic transcripts (unless previously from UWA)
Note: Hard-copy original transcripts and degree certificates from previous studies may be requested at any time as part of the process of verifying the authenticity of any documents provided with an application. Read more here about uploading scanned documents.
- Check your chosen course is open to applications.
- Ensure you meet the admission requirements for this course as detailed on the previous tab
- Ensure you meet our English language competency requirement and any course/major prerequisites
- Apply for the course
As per the B-School, where relevant, admission will be awarded to the highest ranked applicants or applicants selected based on—
(a) a satisfactory personal statement, as recognised by UWA;
(b) two satisfactory references, as recognised by UWA;
(c) an interview in which eligible applicants will be assessed based on demonstrated leadership potential, with invitation to attend the interview based on—
(i) a ranking of GMAT scores; and
(ii) the proportion of candidates to be interviewed, determined by UWA, depending on the number of eligible applicants.
Dates and deadlines
Apply for the one year MBA course before 13 October 2019 and be considered for a scholarship giving you up to $20,000 off your course fees.
Fee, Scholarships and loans
Annual course fees are calculated based on a standard annual study load of 48 credit points.
COURSE CREDIT POINTS 72
TOTAL COURSE FEE – 2019 $73,500.00
It’s important to note that tuition fees are not your only expense. You may need to find accommodation, travel to and from university, buy books, pens and paper, and think about food, entertainment and socializing, such as joining clubs or societies.
The annual cost of living depends on your lifestyle and the type of accommodation you choose, but AUD$450 per week is generally sufficient for most students to live comfortably. This does not include tuition fees, medical insurance, textbooks or any airfares.
The following comparative table is a guide only. It gives an indication of the type of expenses and average costs you will need to meet. Students with a family (spouse and one child) should budget a minimum of $1000 per week (AUD$52,000 per year) for living expenses.
As per the B-School, scholarships are available to students from a diverse range of backgrounds, including academic achievement, financial need, educational disadvantage, leadership and community service, artistic or sporting achievements, and being from a rural or remote area.
Visit official website of UWA for scholarship option.
As per The UWA official website, the B-School provides 10 MBA (Intensive) International Prestige Scholarships per year to encourage eligible high achieving international students to undertake the MBA Intensive Program offered through the UWA Business School.
Value: 100% of the tuition fee for the year of award for the Master of Business Administration (by coursework and dissertation) for international students.
Duration: A maximum of one calendar year (three trimesters).
To be considered for this scholarship, a candidate must:
(a) be an international student;
(b) have applied for a place in the MBA (by coursework and dissertation) at the University;*
(c) not be fully funded or sponsored to undertake the MBA (by coursework and dissertation);
(d) have achieved a Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score.
* Course code 43520.
Full funding or sponsorship is defined as being in receipt of funding equivalent to the eligible course fees in the year the scholarship is offered, for the purpose of undertaking the MBA (by coursework and dissertation), whether or not the funding is paid directly to the recipient.
Visit the MBA Intensive International Prestige Scholarship page for additional details and conditions.
Take all units (54 points):
- ACCT5602 Accounting (6)
- BUSN5000 Leading Self and Others: Leadership Challenge (0)
- ECON5503 Economic Management and Strategy (6)
- FINA5530 Managerial Finance (6)
- MGMT5501 Organisational Behaviour (6)
- MGMT5502 Strategic Analysis and Consulting Project (12)
- MGMT5513 Data Driven Decision Making (6)
- MGMT5521 Operations and Strategic Supply Chain Management (6)
- MKTG5550 Marketing Principles (6)
Take unit(s) to the value of 18 points:
- ECON5504 Global Energy and Mineral Markets (6)
- FINA5601 Valuation and Risk Analysis for Resource Companies (6)
- FINA5602 Strategic Corporate Finance (6)
- FINA5603 Mergers and Acquisitions (6)
- MGMT5522 Leading Global Collaborations (6)
- MGMT5523 Becoming a Leader: Perspectives on Leadership Development (6)
- MGMT5524 Strategic Management of Resource Companies (6)
- MGMT5570 Organisational Change and Transformation (6)
- MGMT5608 Entrepreneurship and Innovation (6)
- MGMT5615 Selected Topics in Management (6)
- MGMT5618 International Study Program (6)
- MGMT5647 Negotiation Behavior (6)
- MGMT5665 Project Management (6)
Got a comment, question or input? Share it below!
[news_focus cat=”University of western Australia” /]