One Year MBA at Schulich School of Business
- Name of the School: Schulich School of business
- Name of the course: Master in business administration
- Course Duration: 12 Months
- Course type: Full Time
- Course start scheduled: January 2020, September 2020
- Semesters in duration: 2
- Location: 4700 Keele Street Toronto, Canada ON M3J 1P3
- India Campus: Hyderabad
- Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)
Ranked #1 in Canada by Forbes, CNN Expansion & Corporate Knights
What is One Year MBA at Schulich School of Business?
As per the B-School, the Schulich MBA will equip you with the specialized knowledge and leadership skills you need to gain a competitive advantage. Hone your skills in your field of interest through our extensive selection of 18 areas of specialization in management functions, industry sectors and special business issues.
Why One Year MBA at Sculich?
According to Schulich, flexible study options allow you to switch between full- and part-time enrollment, take classes uptown at the Keele campus or at our satellite campus in downtown Toronto. Accelerate your MBA and complete the program in as little as eight months with advanced standing.
The Schulich MBA combines classroom learning of fundamental and advanced management concepts with real world experience, including a two-term strategic consulting project where you work with clients on real business problems and solutions.
Class profile 2017
- Average Age 29
- Average Years of Work Experience 5
- Average GMAT 660
- GMAT Range 550-750
- Average GPA 6.1 / 9.0 (B+)
- Male Students 68%
- Female Students 32%
- International Students 50%
- Graduating Class Size (2016-17) 328
Eligibility criteria as per the B-School:
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with one year of work experience beyond the required minimum.
- Minimum two years of relevant post-degree, full-time work experience or life experience
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Acceptable scores on all measures of the GMAT or GRE
To send your scores for these tests to us please use the following codes:
- GMAT code Z75-X8-30 (full-time program),
- Z75-X8-23 (part-time program)
- GRE code 5697
Completion of the online application requires:
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions*
- Unofficial copies of GMAT or GRE scores*
- Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
*Official copies of these documents will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program.
- IELTS (Academic Test) 7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)
- TOEFL (Schulich’s TOEFL Code is B710) 100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension)
Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.
Dates and Deadlines
|Entry||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3||Round 4**|
|Jan 2020||5th Jul 2019||9th Aug 2019||20th Sep 2019||15th Nov 2019|
|Sep 2020||29th Nov 2019||31st Jan 2020||12th March 2020||30th April 2020|
Step 1: Create your profile
The application process starts by creating a profile in our online system. Once you submit your profile page, check your email to create a password for your application. Save that email for reference, as it also contains the permanent link to the application portal.
Step 2: Upload your materials
Fill out and upload all of your personal details and documents. These include your personal profile, written essays, video essays, resume, transcripts and recommendations. Once you have been admitted, remember to contact your university and have your official transcripts mailed to:
Graduate Recruitment & Admissions, Room W263
Seymour Schulich Building
Schulich School of Business – York University
4700 Keele Street Toronto, Ontario
Canada, M3J 1P3
PLEASE NOTE: Your checklist will be updated only once your application has been submitted and a thorough review of your application has been completed.
If you encounter any technical difficulties with your application, please contact [email protected]
Step 3: Pay and submit
Once these components have be completed and you are ready to submit, you will be prompted to pay the application fee (CAD $150) via credit card. Once the payment has been approved, you can submit the application.
As per the B-School, figures represent a program estimate based on the currently approved fee framework. Fees are subject to change.
Student Status Estimated Program Tuition Total*
|Domestic Students Canadian Citizen, Landed Immigrant, Permanent Resident||$ 70,100|
*Estimated total tuition fees are rounded to the nearest $100. Figures exclude all ancillary and/or student referenda fees charged by York University. For the most up to date supplementary fee information please refer to the Student Financial Services website of the B-School : https://sfs.yorku.ca/fees/courses.
The flexibility of the Schulich MBA program allows students to study full-time or part-time, during the daytime or evenings, and at a combination of the uptown Keele Campus and Miles S. Nadal Management Centre in downtown Toronto.
The MBA curriculum is offered on a full-time and part-time basis, and students may switch between full-time and part-time status as the need arises during their degree. Both full-time and part-time studies at Keele campus start in September (Fall term) and January (Winter term). Note that students who wish to study part-time at the Nadal (downtown) campus must begin the program in September (Fall term) only.
The MBA curriculum includes 33.00 credits of core courses designed to equip students with a common set of capabilities necessary for effective management in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors.
In addition to foundational core courses, students have the opportunity to complete 27.00 credits of electives, allowing for deeper exploration in a particular area of focus, completion of a specialization or pursuit of a diploma.
As the capstone of the program, students will participate in the Strategy Field Study. In this exciting consulting project spanning two terms, teams conduct a strategic assessment of an organization and its environment, and present recommendations to senior management.
Students are eligible for graduation upon their successful completion of 60.00 credits. Students may shorten the duration to complete their MBA if they receive Advanced Standing.
MBA 1 (first half – 30.00 credits)
- 27.00 credits of core courses (outlined below)
- 3.00 credits of elective(s)
- ACTG 5100 3.00 FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING FOR MANAGERS
- ACTG 5210 1.50 MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
- ECON 5100 3.00 THE ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT OF BUSINESS
- FINE 5200 3.00 MANAGERIAL FINANCE
- MGMT 5150 3.00 SKILLS FOR LEADERSHIP
- MGMT 5260 3.00 MANAGING FOR VALUE CREATION
- MKTG 5200 3.00 MARKETING MANAGEMENT
- OMIS 5110 1.50 INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- OMIS 5120 1.50 QUANTITATIVE METHODS
- OMIS 5210 1.50 OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- ORGS 5100 3.00 ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOUR
MBA 2 (second half – 30.00 credits)
- 6.00 credits of core courses (outlined below)
- 24.00 credits of electives
- MGMT 6090 0.00 STRATEGY FIELD STUDY FORMATION
- MGMT 6100 3.00 STRATEGY FIELD STUDY
- SGMT 6000 3.00 STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
Select a specialization below to review the course requirements and electives for your area of interest. Note that Economics and Public Sector: Business and Government are not currently offered as formal specializations, although they may be pursued as elective areas of study. To browse all course offerings, please visit the Course Catalog.
- Arts, Media & Entertainment Management
- Business & Sustainability
- Business Consulting
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Financial Risk Management
- Financial Services
- Global Mining Management
- Global Retail Management
- Health Industry Management
- International Business
- Operations Management & Information Systems
- Organization Studies
- Real Estate & Infrastructure
- Social Sector Management
- Strategic Management
- Average Salary: $ 91,500
- Students Hired within 3 months of the program: 89%
- No. of companies hired schulich MBA/IMBA Students: 140
Got a comment, question or input? Share it below!
[news_focus cat=”Schulich” /]