CAT 2020 Application Form
The registration process for CAT 2020 commenced on August 7th 2020 and though it was scheduled to close by September 18th, 2020, it was extended up to September 25th, 2020. The registrations happened online and over 2.44 lakh candidates filled the application form. From 28 to 30 September 2020, the CAT form correction window was opened for candidates who wanted to edit their image and signature, if necessary.
Read the sections below to get a detailed understanding of the registration process:
The number of CAT application forms received since 2012:
- Any graduate having 50 percent marks in aggregate (45 percent for SC/ST/PwD candidates) is eligible to apply for CAT 2020 exam
- Candidates in the final year of graduation can also apply for CAT exam.
Also Check CAT Eligibility Criteria
CAT 2020 Registration Dates
|Events||CAT 2020 Dates|
|Registration starts||August 7, 2020|
|Last date to apply||September 25, 2020 (5 pm)|
|CAT form correction window||September 28-September 30, 2020|
|CAT tutorial to be released||October 16, 2020|
|Admit card release date||October 23, 2020|
|CAT exam 2020||November 24, 2020|
Documents Required for CAT 2020 Registration & Application Process
In order to fill your CAT application form with the correct details, the following documents are to be kept in hand for quick reference:
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Graduation mark sheets/certificate
- Date of Birth certificate
- Address proof
- Caste category certificate (if applicable)
- PWD category certificate (if applicable)
- Scribe certificate (if applicable)
- Credit/debit card or net banking credentials
- Work experience document
Documents to Upload Along With CAT 2020 Application Form
|Scanned Passport Size Photograph||Upload the scanned image of your passport size photo with white background. The photo should not be older than 6 months. The photo should be within the dimensions of 30mm X 45mm and in .jpg or .jpeg format. The photo should not be less than 150 px/inch in resolution.|
|Scanned Signature||Scan and upload your signature within the dimensions of 80mm X 35mm. The signature should be clear and on a white background.|
|NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate||If you belong to NC-OBC, SC or ST category, you will have to download the caste certificate from the CAT Website, enter the required information, self-attest it and upload its scanned copy as a PDF document.|
|PwD Certificate||If you belong to PwD category, you are required to download the PwD certificate from the CAT website, fill it, self-attest it and upload its scanned copy as PDF document.|
Also Check CAT 2020 Examination Pattern
How to Register for CAT 2020
CAT registration is a three-step process involving online registration, completion of CAT
application form and payment of fees. Mentioned below is a step-by-step guide of the registration process.
Step 1: CAT 2020 Registration
Candidates are required to register on the official website (IIMCAT) to apply for CAT 2020. Here’s how you can register yourself for the exam:
Visit the official page of CAT 2020
- Click on CAT 2020 registration
- Fill in your name, date of birth, email ID, phone number and nationality
- Click on the Generate OTP tab.
- Upon successful registration, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number
- Verify your registration by typing the OTP in the given field
Step 2: Filling up CAT 2020 Application Form
After your CAT form is verified, you will receive a user ID and password on your registered email ID and mobile number. Use this user ID and password to login and fill your application form. Remember to fill out this form with the utmost care and precision as the information cannot be modified once submitted.
The CAT application/registration form 2020 is divided into six sections:
- Personal Details: You need to enter details like Name, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Category, Gender, Nationality, Communication address, Email ID, Phone Number etc. in this section.
- Academics: Enter Class X and XII exam scores, Bachelor’s degree details and details of any other professional courses taken (if any)
- Work Experience: In case of relevant work-experience, give details like the name of the company, duration, etc. in this section.
- Programs: Choose the IIM campuses of your choice and the programs you would like to pursue.
- Test City: Enter your preferred test cities. Up to four cities can be selected in order of preference from 1 to 4.
- Payment: Application fee payment can be done via Credit/Debit card, Paytm or PayU
Step 3: Payment of CAT Registration cum Application Fee
The last step in the registration process is the payment of the application fee. Once you’ve filled in the five sections of the application form, click on the ‘save and continue’ tab and proceed to the fee payment window. The application fee can be paid online through internet banking or credit/debit card.
CAT 2020 Application Fee
Mentioned below is the application fee for students belonging to the General and Reserved categories:
|Category||CAT Application Fee|
|General and NC-OBC||Rs. 1900|
|SC, ST and PWD||Rs. 950|
Selection of CAT 2020 Test Cities
While filling the application form, you can select up to four cities in the order you prefer, from a list of 156 cities. However, as these cities are allotted on a first-come first -served basis in case your first choice is not available, you will be allotted the second city chosen by you.
CAT Registration 2020: Things to Keep in Mind
- Internet Explorer (version 11 and above), Mozilla Firefox (version 50 to 61), and Google Chrome (version 50 to 69) are the recommended web browsers for filling out CAT 2020 application form. At the time of CAT registration, remember to mention your personal and fully functional mobile phone number and email ID.
- Fill the application form from your laptop or desktop and not from your smartphone.
- Remember to mention the correct details in the application form. Should any of the details be found incorrect, admission of the applicant may be canceled.
- Give careful thought to the IIM campuses you choose in the application form as your interview call (if you are shortlisted) is based on this selection.
- Verify all the information filled in the CAT application form several times, before you click on submit/save key. Once you submit the form, changes cannot be made in the application form. You will be required to create a new login ID, fill the form and pay the fee again.
- Ensure that the fee payment transaction is successful. In case of an incomplete transaction, your CAT application form will not be accepted.
- Save a copy of the fee acknowledgment slip and the duly filled application form for future reference.
- It is also advisable to take a printout of the confirmation mail for the sake of reference.
CAT Registration 2020: Instructions for Reserved Category Students
- Candidates coming under the reserved category have to necessarily follow the instructions specified for them.
- Check the National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC) website: http://www.ncbc.nic.in/Home.aspx to find out the Caste/Tribe name you belong to.
- This information is also available in the CAT 2020 application form. Select the icon on the form to connect to the National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC) website.
- It is mandatory to submit the reserved category form and the EWS, NC-OBC, SC/ST certificate are available on the CAT website. Once the details are filled, the self-attested form has to be uploaded as a PDF document on the website.
- For applying under the Person with Disability (PWD) category, download the Person with Disability (PWD) Certificate from the CAT website, enter the required information and upload the self-attested certificate as a PDF document on the CAT website.
- Remember to select details under PWD Category – Wheelchair Support and Scribe Requirement, in the CAT application form.
- If you are writing the exam with the help of a Scribe, fill the Scribe Affidavit form available on the CAT website and arrange a scribe yourself.
CAT Application Form Correction
The candidates are usually given an opportunity to make corrections in their application form by the exam authorities. However, they will be allowed to make these changes only once and this correction window remains open for only a short duration of time. This correction window is generally opened after the last day of the CAT application process. Candidates will be allowed to correct certain information like the percentage of marks scored, work experience, programs selected and upload a new photo.
Also Check CAT 2020 Preparation Tips
FAQs Related to CAT Registration 2020
A: Yes, you are eligible to appear for the exam, on the condition that your aggregate marks for the first two years of your degree program are above 50% (or equivalent). The minimum marks required to be eligible is 45% if you belong to SC, ST, and PWD/DA categories.
A: No, it can only be done online.
A: Once you submit your application form, changes cannot be made. However certain fields can be corrected once the correction window is opened.
A: In case you forget your CAT login password, click on the forgot password tab and follow the instructions accordingly. Reset your password by clicking on the link sent to your registered email ID.
A: Yes, both are different. While CAT registration refers to creating an account on the CAT website, the CAT application process involves filling the online form and payment of fees.
A: You don’t have to necessarily complete the form the same day you register for the exam. It can be done on a later day.
A: No, the CAT registration form is the same for everyone. The candidate has to mention his/her category in the application form.
A: Candidates from the Reserved category are required to upload their Category certificate along with the application form.
A: The CAT application fee is Rs. 950/- for candidates from the reserved category.
A: No, the CAT registration fee can only be paid online via internet banking or credit/debit card.
Got a comment, question or input? Share it below!