The Common Admission Test 2019 (CAT 2019) is scheduled to be held in two shifts across India and a few centers abroad on November 24, 2020. The result is likely to be declared, tentatively, in the second week of January 2020.
IIM CAT 2019 Registration
The registration for the test, the scores of which are used in the admission process for the MBA and other management programs in the IIMs and several other institutes, began on August 7 and will conclude on September 18, 2019. We present here a step-by-step guide on how to register for the test.
The exam, organised by the IIMs on a rotation basis, will be conducted by IIM Kozhikode this year. You can register for CAT 2019 on iimcat.ac.in (the official IIM CAT website).
Go to https://iimcat.ac.in/. You will land on the following page.
Image Credit: iimcat.ac.in
Steps to follow
- Click on “Register” in New Candidate Registration section. You will get some browser and other recommendations. Click close.
- You will land on the page saying “Register to get User ID and Password”. You have to input your name, date of birth, email address, country and phone number. Please fill these details carefully as you will not be able to change these details once you submit your registration details.
- Once you fill all these details, OTP will be generated. Enter the OTP and click “Submit”. Your user ID and password will be generated and you will receive these details via SMS.
- Click on “Registered Candidate login”. Login here using your user ID and password. You will get the application form here. Fill this form carefully.
- Once application is complete, upload the required documents.
- After document upload, you have to deposit the examination fee. The Registration fee for CAT Test is
- Rs 950 for SC/ST and PwD (persons with disability) category candidates, and
- Rs 1900 for all other categories
The registration fee is to be remitted only through online payment modes, including
- Credit cards
- Debit cards, and
- Net banking
The candidate needs to pay the registration fees only once, irrespective of the number of institutes he/she is applying for. The total amount to be paid may vary due to any additional charges like payment gateway charge. Fees once paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
- Once the fee is paid and the application process is complete, you will receive a confirmation mail for successful submission of CAT 2019 application within a few moments. You can save this mail for future communication.
- Registration start date is August 7, 2019 and the last date to applying is September 18, 2019
- Test to be held on November 24, 2019 in two shifts
- The result is likely in the second week of January 2020