Bangladeshi-American Nadine Farouq took the decision to enrol for the MBA program at the Fontainebleau campus of INSEAD December 2019…
PROGRAMME INFORMATION & CLASS PROFILE
|Ranking||Business Week – 1, FT – 4|
|Number of students in class||887|
|Class profile||International by residence: 90%, Average age: 29, 80% Range of GMAT score: 650-750, 80% Range of undergraduate GPA: 4, Average work experience: 5|
|Estimated cost of attendance||$68,107|
|% having job offer within 3 months of graduation||86%|
Class of 2012
Key statistics & trends from the report
- Reflecting global market trends, 2012 saw a dramatic drop in finance recruitment with 14% of graduates joining this sector (down from 23% in 2011) – the lowest the school has recorded.
- This report reveals that this slack was partly compensated consulting and industry – students picked up a number of finance roles in the corporate sector.
- Overall, 45% of graduates report jobs in the corporate sectors, while 41% joined consulting firms.
- Big increases in the number of graduates taking jobs in energy, the public sector and social impact organizations, while numbers in consumer and luxury goods as well as high-tech industries remain stable compared to last year
- Geographically, the most notable trend was a fall in numbers recruited to Western Europe
- Recruitment to Asia Pacific is up across a wide range of countries. Africa and the Middle East also saw increases, particularly in the UAE and Lebanon.
- Remuneration levels up slightly in 2012. Mean and median salaries increased a small amount across all sectors, while sign-on bonuses were down a bit.
- Starting salaries range from €17,200 to €199,200
- 94% of 2012 graduates reported employment within 3 months
- 2012 graduates left INSEAD to work in 63 countries and 422 companies
- 85% of 2012 graduates reported changing geography, function or industry – and 24% changed all three dimensions
- INSEAD Job Essay 1: Briefly summarise your current (or most recent) job, including the nature of work, major responsibilities, and, where relevant, employees under your supervision, size of budget, clients/ products and results achieved. (250 words maximum)
- INSEAD Job Essay 2: Please give a full description of your career since graduating from university. If you were to remain with your present employer, what would be your next step in terms of position? (250 words maximum
- INSEAD Job Essay 3. If you are currently not working, what are you doing and what do you plan to do until you start the MBA programme? (250 words maximum)
- INSEAD Personal Essay 1: Give a candid description of yourself, stressing the personal characteristics you feel to be your strengths and weaknesses and the main factors, which have influenced your personal development, giving examples when necessary. (400 words approx.)
- INSEAD Personal Essay 2: Describe what you believe to be your two most substantial accomplishments to date, explaining why you view them as such. (400 words approx.)
- INSEAD Personal Essay 3: Describe a situation taken from school, business, civil or military life, where you did not meet your personal objectives, and discuss briefly the effect. (250 words approx.)
- INSEAD Personal Essay 4: Discuss your short and long term career goals. What skills do you expect to gain from studying at INSEAD and how will they contribute to your professional career? (500 words approx.)
- INSEAD Personal Essay 5: Please choose one of the following two essay topics: a) a) Have you ever experienced culture shock? What did it mean to you? (250 words approx.)
b) What would you say to a foreigner moving to your home country? (250 words approx.)
- INSEAD (Optional) Essay: Is there anything that you have not mentioned in the above essays that you would like the Admissions Committee to know? (200 words approx.)
INSEAD Reapplicants Essay: (Reapplicants only) In case of reapplication, please use this page. Your essay should state any new aspects of professional, international, academic, or personal development since your last application. We would also like you to explain your motivation for re-applying to INSEAD. This essay should not exceed 400 words