What is OJEE examination?
OJEE stands for Odisha Joint Entrance Exam, it is a state-level entrance examination organized by the OJEE Cell for admission into courses such as B.Pharm, MBA/PGDM, MCA, and M.Tech. For all the papers, the mode of giving the examination is a computer-based test (CBT). Candidates can apply for admission to the various courses offered by participating institutes based on the OJEE scores. In the 1st week of May 2020, OJEE 2020 examination will be conducted and registrations for the same have started from 6-feb-2020. The last date to register & apply for OJEE 2020 examination was 27-March-2020, however, due to the corona epidemic lockdown; examination cell has extended the last date for registration upto 25-apr-2020. Students can also seek the admission to Lateral Entry B.Tech, MCA/Lateral Entry MCA courses through OJEE exam. The result of OJEE 2020 is expected to be announced in the first week of June.
Eligibility Criteria – OJEE 2020
Eligibility to apply for different undergraduate and postgraduate courses is:
- To apply for undergraduate courses, candidate must have completed 12th or any equivalent examination from a recognized board or university
- To apply for lateral entry courses, candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree or diploma from a relevant discipline
- To apply for postgraduate courses, candidate must be a graduate in any relevant discipline/ program from a recognized university.
Eligibility criteria for OJEE 2020 undergraduate courses
- B. Pharma– Students must be 12th pass out from science stream with minimum aggregate marks of 45 percent. There is no age limit to apply for B.Pharma program.
- BHMS/BAMS– Candidates must 12th pass-out with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) with a minimum aggregate of 50% in all 3 subjects taken together. The minimum required age limit is 17 years as on December 31, 2019.
Important Note: For the admission to MBBS, BDS and BE/B.Tech, OJEE exam is not considered. Based on the scores of NEET & JEE main respectively, the applicants will be admitted.
Eligibility criteria for OJEE 2020 postgraduate courses
MBA– Candidate must be a graduate in any discipline or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 50 percent marks. Candidates who are in their final year or waiting for their results are also eligible to apply. No prescribed upper age limit for MBA program.
M. Tech– Those students who have scored 50% or above in their graduation (10+2+4) or equivalent degree and are from relevant discipline can apply. Students who are in the final year of examination are also eligible to apply. There is no age limit for applying to M.Tech program.
MCA– Those students who have scored 50% or above and have completed their graduation (10+2+3) or equivalent degree in any discipline but should have studied mathematics at 10+2 or undergraduate level are eligible to apply. Students who are in the final year of examination are also eligible to apply. There is no age limit for applying to MCA program.
Arch– Those students who have scored 50% or above in their bachelor’s of Architecture (10+2+4) or equivalent degree are eligible to apply. Students who are in the final year of examination are also eligible to apply. There is no age limit for applying to M.Arch program.
Pharma– Those students who have scored 50% or above in their bachelor’s of pharmacy or equivalent degree are eligible to apply. Students who are in the final year of the examination are also eligible to apply. There is no age limit for applying to the M.Pharma program.
OJEE 2020 Exam Highlights
OJEE exam is among the top state level entrance examinations for admission to the various professional and academic courses offered by affiliated colleges in several disciplines. For quick information about the OJEE 2020, refer to the below table:
OJEE 2020 at a glance
|Name of exam||OJEE – (Odisha Joint Entrance Examination)|
|Organizing body||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Board|
|Examination level||State level entrance examination|
|Frequency of exam||Annually|
|Mode of exam||Online-(CBT)|
|Duration of exam||B.Pharma - duration 3 Hrs|
LE B.Tech, LE B.Sc/ LE, MCA/LE MCA, MBA, M.Tech and M.Arct - duration 2 Hrs
M.pharm, Integrated MBA and LE BPharm – duration 1 Hr
|Syllabus of exam||Analytical and Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Techniques, Verbal Reasoning, General Awareness, Business Fundamentals, Comprehension and other course specific topics|
|Exam Pattern||Multiple Choice Questions, four marks for each right answer and one mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer|
|Language of test||English|
|Examination Fees||Rupee One thousand only, however if candidates is applying for a combination of courses the fee is Rupee fifteen hundred|
|Examination purpose||Admission to more than 43 Colleges in Odisha|
|Courses offered||Undergraduate, Post Graduate and Lateral Entry|
|Number of cities having test centre||21|
|Examination date||1st week of May 2020|
|Helpdesk||Ph: 0674 – 6552455|
OJEE 2020 at a glance
|OJEE 2020 registrations opens||06-02-2020||Online application form will be available on the website of OJEE|
|Last Date for applying to OJEE exam||27-03-2020||Candidates will not be allowed to apply for OJEE after the deadline|
|Last date for submitting the application fee||31-03-2020||Online fee submission window will be closed after 5:00 PM|
|Last date for downloading the confirmation form||Will be announced soon||Candidates are required to carry confirmation forms on the day of exam|
|Admit cards available to download||20-04-2020||Will be available on the website of OJEE for download|
|OJEE 2020 Examination date||1st week of May||Exam will be conducted in computer based test mode|
|Result announcement||1st week of June||OJEE 2020 results will be announce on the official website|
*Note: The above-mentioned dates are tentative & subject to change.
Various programs offered through OJEE
OJEE exam is conducted for admission to the various academic and professional courses offered by the participating colleges. In OJEE Exam, the syllabus & test pattern will vary and would depend upon the course for which the students are applying.
|Program level||Name of courses||Entry year|
|Undergraduate||B.Pharm, 5 Year Integrated MBA||1st Year|
|Undergraduate||B.Pharma, B.Tech||2nd Year/ Lateral Entry (3rd Semester)|
|Postgraduate||MBA, M.Pharm, MCA, M.Tech, M.Arch/ M.Arch (Exe.)||1st Year|
|Postgraduate||MCA||2nd Year/ Lateral Entry (3rd Semester)|
Participating Colleges in OJEE 2020
OJEE is a state-level entrance examination. The ranks/ scores are used by both government & private institute for admissions in the state of Odisha. Last year, eighty-nine (89) associated B.Tech institutes offered admission on the basis of OJEE ranks/ scores, while 63 MBA institutes considered the rank/ score. OJEE Board will release the list of all the participating private and government institutes with their respective intakes. For top participating institute on OJEE for MBA please see the below-mentioned list:
|Top MBA College participating in OJEE Exam|
|BijuPatnaik Institute of Information Technology and Management Studies, Bhubaneswar|
|CUTM - Centurion University of Technology and Management, Bhubaneswar|
|GITA - Gandhi Institute for Technological Advancement, Bhubaneswar|
|Global Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar|
|Gandhi Institute for Technology, Bhubaneswar|
|RCM - Regional College of Management, Bhubaneswar|
|School of Management, Centurion University of Technology and Management, Paralakhemundi|
|TAT - Trident Academy of Technology, Bhubaneswar|
|United School of Business Management, Bhubaneswar|
|Utkal University, Bhubaneswar|
Admission Process – OJEE 2020
Applicants can learn about the steps of the entire admission process for OJEE 2020, starting from submitting of application to reporting at allotted college.
Step 1: OJEE Application submission
- Students need to submit the online application for OJEE 2020 on the official website
- Pay the required application fee of the exam. The Exam fee for OJEE 2020 is INR 1000/-. However, if students are applying for a combination of courses such as MBA & MCA or MBA & M. Tech, then the required fee will be INR 1500/-
- Students can pay the required exam fee online via Credit/ Debit card, Netbanking, or offline through SBI challan
Step 2: Download the admit card of OJEE Exam
- Sign-in into the registered account & download the examination admit card and read the instruction carefully
- Immediately report to the OJEE exam cell if there any mistake on the admit card
Step 3: Appear for the examination
- Students should reach the examination center at least 1 hour before the start of the examination. OJEE 2020 examination will be conducted online.
Step 4: Download the answer key of the OJEE examination
- Answer key of the OJEE 2020 question paper will be available on the website, and can be downloaded. Plus scorecard will also be available at the website of OJEE; students should download it for the further process.
Step 5: Register for counseling The list of selected candidates through Web Counselling and Institute level has been released.
OJEE 2020 – Examination Centers
In comparison to its previous edition of OJEE Exam, there is no change this year also in the total number of the test cities or of examination centers. For OJEE 2020, total of 21 cities are designated as examination centers.
Examination center & their code
|OJEE test city||City code||OJEE test city||City code|
Guideline for Examination Day
- Candidates will not be allowed inside the exam center without the admit card, so make sure that you are carrying the OJEE admit card to the exam center
- Examination center gate will be closed 15 minute before the commencement of exam & no candidate will be allowed after it. So, reach the test center at least an hour before the exam timings to check for the seating plan and complete frisking formalities at the entry gate.
|Examination Slot & Timing||Reporting Time at Centre|
|9:00 AM to 12:00 PM||7:30 AM to 8:00 AM|
|2:00 PM to 4:00 PM||12:30 PM|
- Students are not allowed to carry the any eatables into the examination centers, as any type of food items are prohibited
- Candidates should read the instruction mentioned on the admit card before appearing for the test
- Students applying under PWD category, are required to carry the PWD certificate and any of the ID proof from the below mentioned list along with Admit card
- Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/ Aadhaar Enrolment Number
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Ration Card
- Voter ID
- Students are advice to carry an ball point pen (blue & black) for rough work purpose in CBT test mode or for marking the OMR sheet, in case of PBT test mode.
- Students are advice not to carry the following prohibited items:
- mobile phones,
- log tables,
- earphones/wireless earphones,
- Bluetooth device,
- paper-bits, notebook/notes, books, or any other study material
A. 27-March, was the last date to apply for OJEE 2020
A. Yes, students from any part of the India can apply for the OJEE 2020
A. Total duration of the examination is 2 hours. A total of 120 questions will be asked, which are divided into 5 sections. For more information please look into the below table:
|Topics||Number of questions|
|Analytical and Logical reasoning||30|
|General Awareness and Business Fundamentals||30|
|Verbal Reasoning and Comprehension||30|
|Total number of Questions||120|
A. For SC/ST category in OJEE 2020, there are 5% relaxation in the minimum aggregate percentage requirement for the candidates for all the offered courses. Plus, all the other candidates entitled for various other reserved categories are entitled to seat reservation in various collges. For females in B.Tech/ B.Pharma/ B.Arch/ MBA/ MCA/ Integrated MBA, there is a 30% reservation. Undergraduate Courses: Seat Reservation status:
|Categories||B. Tech||B. Arch||B. Plan||B. Pharm|
|Persons with Disability||5||5||5||5|
|TFW - Tuition Fee Waiver||5||0||5||5|
|Outside Odiya Land||3 (Govt. institutes only)||3 (Govt. institutes only)||3 (Govt. institutes only)||0|
|MCA||MBA/Integrated MBA||Integrated M.Sc|
|Persons with Disability||5||5||5||0|
|TFW - Tuition Fee Waiver||0||0||0||0|
|Outside Odiya Land||0||0||0||0|
A. In OJEE 2020, Registration fee for one paper is INR 1000/-. In case, students are applying for combination of courses like MBA & MCA or MBA & M. Tech then the fee will be INR 1500/-. The required fee can be paid online through Credit/ Debit Card or Netbanking and Off Line via e-challan of SBI. Application submission process will be incomplete without the payment of required fee.
A. Special OJEE is conducted for all the aspirants who missed out the OJEE 2020 and filling-up the unfilled seats in management, engineering, and pharmacy colleges.
A. For the various undergraduate and post graduate courses in the state of Odisha, OJEE examination is organized once a year.
A. OJEE admit card has to be carried in to the examination center which makes it an important document to have. No, candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without it. Therefore, If there is any mistake on the admit card, it must be reported immediately to the OJEE examination cell.
A. No, OJEE examination held only in the state of Odisha as it is a state level examination.
A. No, OJEE application form can only be submitted online from the official webpage of OJEE.
A. OJEE 2020 will only be conducted in online method, so there is no way to give it offline.
A. No, after submitting the application forms, applicants are not allowed to make any changes in their application.
A. Total numbers of seats reserved for female students are 30%, if they are applying for B.Tech/ B.Pharma/ MBA/ MCA