XAT 2020 Counselling
XLRI Admission Process Highlights
- XLRI Jamshedpur has published the shortlist for BM, HRM and GMP programs (through XAT and GMAT) for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds for admission.
- The GD/PI round will be conducted sometime between mid-February and March 2020 in Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai and Jamshedpur.
- The institute shortlists candidates for Group Discussion and Personal Interview on the basis of a minimum XAT cut-off affixed for the upcoming MBA/PGDM
- The candidates who clear the XAT exam can apply to management institutes accepting XAT scores for admission individually. The process of filling the GD/PI form will begin shortly.
- Shortlisted candidates are called for the GD-PI round. The shortlisted candidates have to enter their choice of the preferred interview city on the official website, after which interview calls are made to them.
- Those who do not update their interview city on time will not be called for the interview.
XLRI Selection Procedure through XAT 2020
XLRI conducts the GD-PI round to evaluate the candidate on the basis of their communication skills, business knowledge, problem-solving abilities, leadership quality, personality and other skills essential to make a mark in the business world. Apart from the scores based on group discussion, personal interviews and XAT 2020 performance, relevant work experience, academic background, extra-curricular activities will be taken into consideration while preparing the final list for admission.
Also Check XAT 2020 Analysis
XLRI Admission: Importance of GD
The Group Discussion round exhibits a candidate’s leadership skills as well as their logical ability. The candidates are required to debate on a hypothetical situation by presenting their viewpoint in a coherent and effective manner.
XLRI Admission: Importance of PI
The Personal Interview round helps the institutions to gauge the candidate’s area of expertise, communication skills and ability to perform under pressure.
Expected XAT Cut Off 2020
|2020 Cut-Offs (Expected)
|Verbal & Logical Ability
Also Check Best Books for XAT Preparation
How to Update XAT Interview City
After the course wise cut offs are announced, the candidates have to apply for the GD/PI round. To apply for this round, they have to specify their choice of interview city on the XLRI website. This process is also known as ‘update XAT interview city’. The steps are mentioned below:
- Open XAT 2020 website
- Enter your ID and password
- Update your choice from the selection of cities mentioned
Documents (original and photocopy) to carry for GD/PI
- XAT 2020 scorecard
- XAT answer key or OMR sheet
- Class 10 certificate
- Class 12 certificate
- Graduation certificate
- Character certificate from the institute last attended
- Work experience certificate/letter
- Certificate of participating in extra-curricular activities (if any)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- PWD certificate (if applicable)
Also Check XAT Exam Dates
- XAT Examination Cut-Offs
- XAT Examination Syllabus
- XAT Examination Preparation
- XAT Examination Dates
- XAT Examination Registration
- XAT Examination Results
- XAT Examination Answer Key
- XAT Examination Analysis
- Best Books For XAT Preparation
XAT Counselling & Selection FAQs
Q: Which colleges apart from XLRI, can I apply for using my XAT score?
A: Apart from XLRI, you can apply to 15 XAMI member institutes and over 150 other B-Schools all over India.
|XLRI Xavier School of Management
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration
|St. Joseph’s Institute of Management
|St.Aloysius Inst. of Mgmt. and Information Technology
|Xavier Institute of Management, Xavier University
|Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship
|Xavier Inst. of Development Action and Sciences (XIDAS)
|Xavier Institute of Social Service
|St. Francis Inst. of Management and Research (SFIMR)
|Xavier Business School, St.Xavier’sUniversity, Kolkata
|Xavier Institute of Management & Research
Q: What is the XLRI course fee?
A: The table below gives the course-wise tuition fee of XLRI.
|XLRI Fees (Rs in lakh)
A: This facility is made available to non-Indian candidates. NRIs can also apply for PGDM-BM, PGDM-HRM and GMP through GMAT. However, a resident Indian candidate can only apply to GMP using their GMAT score. NRIs, PIOs and Foreign Nationals come under the Foreign category.
A: Candidates selected for admission will be informed via email.
A: No, XLRI does not follow a category-specific reservation.
A: Yes, you are eligible for admission.
A: Yes, in order to participate in the GD/PI round, the candidates have to fill an online form indicating their XAT score and academic profile. This form is free and will be available once the cut off is announced.
A: The cut-offs will be announced one day after the results are declared.
A: Both sectional and the overall XAT score is considered while shortlisting candidates for GD/PI round of XLRI admission.
A: Candidates can apply on the official website and select the course and campus option.