How to Fill XAT Examination Application Form?
XAT 2020 Application Form
The Registrations for XAT 2020 closed on December 10, 2019. The registration process commenced on August 23 and was to conclude on November 30, but it was extended till December 10 for the benefit of the applicants. The last date for submission of applications for candidates applying through GMAT is December 31.
Candidates interested in appearing for the exam can apply online on the official website of XAT 2020. Any graduate who wishes to pursue MBA/PGDM course at XLRI-Jamshedpur, XAMI institutes or any of the B-schools accepting XAT score can fill the application form on the official website by creating a login ID. The application fee costs Rs 1700 before the deadline and Rs 2000 after the deadline.
Also Check Best Books for XAT
XAT 2020: Highlights
- XAT 2020 will be held on January 5, 2020, at several test centers across India
- The exam will be held from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm in online mode
- The XAT result 2020 will be announced by XLRI, Jamshedpur on January 31
Important Dates for XAT Registration 2020
The table below contains the XAT registration schedule and other related dates:
|XAT 2020 Events
|XAT 2020 Dates
|XAT 2020 Registrations begin
|August 23, 2019
|November 30, 2019
|December 10, 2019
|Admit card download
|December 20, 2019
|XAT 2020 exam
|January 5, 2020
|Declaration of result
|January 31, 2020
How to Fill the XAT Application Form 2020
The XAT application process contains three steps. The step-by-step procedure is given below.
STEP 1: XAT Registration
- Go to the official XAT website
- Click on the new candidate registration link
- Enter your relevant details like name, date of birth, city, country, phone number and email ID
- The candidate will receive a XAT ID and registration link on their verified email ID
- Click on the link to create a new password for the XAT login
- Proceed with the remaining steps to complete the registration process
In case you DO NOT receive the registration confirmation mail within 24 hours of signing up, check your spam/junk folder. If you still haven’t received the email, write to:
[email protected] or call 1800 209 0835 between 08.00 am and 08.00 pm (IST) or write to [email protected].
The exam authorities will get back to you within 48 hours (excluding holidays).
STEP 2: Submit the XAT Application Form
Once you receive your XAT ID and password, follow the steps mentioned below to fill the application form.
- Go to the XAT 2020 official website
- Click on ‘login’
- Enter your registered XAT ID and password
- The XAT 2020 application form will be displayed
- Give all the relevant details in the form
- Verify the details entered before saving the application
- Pay the XAT 2020 application fee using credit/debit card or net banking
|XAT 2020 Exam Date
|XAT 2020 Syllabus
|XAT 2020 Pattern
|XAT 2020 Exam Analysis
|XAT 2020 Preparation
|XAT 2020 Result
|XAT 2020 Answer Key
|XAT 2020 Cut Offs
|XAT 2020 Selection Process
Documents required for filling XAT 2020 application form
A few documents are required at the time of filling the XAT 2020 application form. Keep the following mentioned documents handy before applying.
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Class 12 mark sheet
- Graduation mark sheet
- Email ID and mobile phone number
- Date of Birth proof
- Address proof
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned digital photograph of less than 1 MB
- Scanned signature of less than 1 MB
- Debit/credit card for application fee payment
Instructions regarding scanned documents
|The photo must be a recent one in passport size, in colour and against a light background, preferably white
|The signature will be used to put on the admit card and wherever necessary, so please make sure you sign correctly
|If you wear glasses make sure that there is no reflection and your eyes can be clearly seen
|The applicant has to sign on white paper with black ink pen
|Religious headgear is allowed but it must not cover your face
|Dimensions of the file of the scanned signature must be 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
|Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable
|Size of signature file should be between 10kb-20kb
|Dimensions of the photo must be 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
|The size of the scanned image should not be more than 20kb
|Size of file should be between 20kb-50kb
|The size of the scanned image must not be more than 50KB
Procedure for uploading photograph and signature
To upload scanned copies of your photograph and signature, follow the steps given below.
- There is a separate link each for uploading the photograph and signature
- Click on “Upload Photograph /Signature”
- Select the file location where the scanned photo/ signature file has been saved
- Select the file
- Click the ‘Upload’ button
STEP 3: XAT Application Fee Payment
The XAT 2020 application fee of Rs 1700 and Rs 300 per XLRI course is to be paid online while submitting the XAT 2020 application form on the official website. There is no fee relaxation for candidates belonging to the reserved category.
The application fee including the late fee after the deadline is Rs 2000 and Rs 500 per XLRI course.
XAT 2020 Application Fees
The table below indicates the application fee for XAT exam to be paid at the time of filling the form:
|XAT Application Fee
|XAT registration fee
|Rs 1700 (+ Rs 300 for those who are interested in XLRI programs)
|XAT registration fee (with late fee)
|Rs 2000 ( + Rs 500 for those who are interested in XLRI programs)
Mode of Payment
Online Payment Gateway: Through Debit Cards (RuPay, Visa, MasterCard or Maestro), Credit Cards and Net Banking.
XAT Registration 2020: Key Points to Remember
- On successful payment of the XAT 2020 application fee, an e-Receipt will be generated. Non-generation of ‘E-Receipt’ indicates PAYMENT FAILURE.
- On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again and repeat the process of payment.
- Keep a printout of the e-Receipt and online application form. Please note that if the same is not generated, the online transaction may not have been successful.
- The facility to download/print application form containing fee details after payment of fees is also available on the website.
- Candidates should take a print out of the payment confirmation page for future correspondence with XAT office.
- Preferred Web browsers to fill XAT 2020 application form are Internet Explorer (version 11 and above), Mozilla Firefox (version 50 to 61) and Google Chrome (version 50 to 69)
- XAT Examination Cut-Offs
- XAT Examination Syllabus
- XAT Examination Preparation
- XAT Examination Dates
- XAT Examination Results
- XAT Examination Answer Key
- XAT Examination Analysis
- XAT Examination Counselling And Selection
- Best Books For XAT Preparation
XAT Registration & Application FAQs
Q: How do I know that my XAT application has been successfully submitted?
A: Upon successful registration, an acknowledgment page containing the “XAT Id” is created. Write down this ID and use it to re-print the application form.
Q: How do I check if my XAT 2020 application form has been saved?
A: After the successful submission of the XAT application form, candidates will receive a notification. In case of doubt, candidates can visit the page to re-print the application and generate the printout. Candidates must save both the soft copy and the hard copy of the application form.
Q: I got a Blank / Zero XAT ID after submission of the application form? What should I do now?
A: In rare cases, aspirants may get Zero (0) XAT ID with a valid password. In such instances, re-register the application and take the printout using the ‘re-print application’ option.
Q: How can I edit details entered in the XAT application form?
A: To modify information previously entered in the XAT application form, choose the ‘EDIT’ option and save the changes made. This option can be chosen only before submitting the XAT form. Remember to take a fresh print out of the form after modifying any details.
Q: Does the XAT registration process include registration for XLRI and XAMI institutes as well?
A: Yes, the XAT registration process includes registration for XLRI courses with payment of extra course fee. However, for XAMI member institutes you will be required to register separately on their respective official websites.
Q: Is the XAT application form available offline?
A: No, XAT application form is only available in online mode. The form cannot be submitted offline.
Q: Do I need to fill the XLRI form separately?
A: Candidates planning to take admission in XLRI need not fill a separate form. The XAT application form will include a field in which the candidates have to choose the particular course they want to take admission.
Q: How many participating colleges can I select in the XAT application form?
A: The candidates can choose any number of colleges in the application form.
Q: Can I register first and complete the XAT form later?
A: Yes, the candidate can create their login IDs by registering on XAT website and fill the form later.
Q: When is the last date for submitting the XAT 2020 application form?
A: The last date for submitting the XAT 2020 application form was December 10, 2019.