S P Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) Mumbai, founded by the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan in 1981, functions as an autonomous institute.
SPJIMR offers as many as 23 courses across three streams. The full-time residential programs at the institute are the Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM), Global Management Program (GMP), Post Graduate Program for Women (PGMPW) and Fellow Program in Management (FPM). SPJIMR has received accreditation from Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International, AMBA (for PGDM, PGPM, PGEMP, PGPGM, PGPFMB and PGPDM programs), National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for PGDM program and approval from the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for PGDM, PGPM and FPM programs.
|Also Known As||SPJIMR|
|Accepted Exams||XAT, GMAT, CAT|
|Popular Courses||MBA/PGDM , FPM|
|Total Courses||23 courses across 3 streams|
Eligibility Criteria & Admission Process
For the PGDM program, you should be a graduate and those in the final year of the Bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply. You should present the scores of GMAT, CAT or XAT tests. For the PGPM, Apart from the above-mentioned conditions, the candidates should have full-time work experience of five years. SPJIMR accepts only online applications. An application processing fee of Rs 1,500 should be paid through credit card/debit card or net banking or Demand Draft.
The admission committee draws up the shortlist of candidates based on their overall profile, academic achievements, work experience (where applicable), scores in the management aptitude tests like GMAT and CAT and other notable achievements outside academics. The shortlisted candidate is called for an interview in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata or Bangalore. In cases where the applicant is outside India, Skype interviews are also held.
SPJIMR: Programs and Fees
The institute offers as many as 23 courses in 3 streams and 12 specializations.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is a two-year full-time program, approved by AICTE and deemed to be equivalent to an MBA by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The fee is Rs 17.50 lakh.
- Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM) is a one-year full-time program that has an off campus three-month-long blended web learning component. The fee is Rs 18.65 lakh.
- Global Management Program (GMP) is a six-month full-time program launched in 2009 with financial help from with funding from the European Commission as the Post Graduate Certificate in International Management (PGCIM). The fee is Rs 6.50 lakh.
- The Post Graduate Management Program for Women (PGMPW), an 11-month full-time program started in 2016, is aimed at women who want to return to the workspace after taking a career break. The fee is Rs 10.95 lakh.
- Post Graduate Executive Management Program (PGEMP) is a 21-month part-time program with a fee of Rs 6.35 Lakh.
- Post Graduate Program in Development Management (PGPDM) is an 18-month part-time program with a fee of Rs 1.50 Lakh.
Final Placement for the PGDM Class of 2019 saw the students bagging an average salary of Rs 22.90 lakh per annum (LPA), median salary at Rs 22 LPA. More than 72% of the batch received offers of Rs 20 LPA and above. As many as 111 firms had come to the campus to woo the 239 students with job offers that included 12 international roles. The major recruiters included Amazon, Boston Consulting Group, McKinsey & Company, Bain & Co., Microsoft, Google, Goldman Sachs, Nestlé, Tata Administrative Services, Hindustan Unilever, Airtel, Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, Ninjacart, Mahindra, General Mills and Reliance Industries.
The PGPM Class of 2018 notched up an average salary of Rs 18.05 LPA with the maximum at Rs 27.03 LPA and minimum at Rs 12.00 LPA. The maximum salary was reported at Rs 27.03 LPA. With more than 60 companies participating in the placement, IT firms recruited the maximum numbers in domain-wise placement. Major recruiters included Crisil, Accenture Ops, ABN Amro Bank, Bosch, Accenture Technology, Citi Bank, Deloitte, Bridgestone, HSBC, Flipkart, DHL, E&Y, Infosys, Michelin, PwC and Mphasis.
Cut-offs (Last Round)
Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
|CAT (General Category)|
|Section||2018 Cut-off by percentile||2019 Cut-off by percentile|
SPJIMR offers a limited number of academic scholarships to needy and meritorious students. Those wanting to avail such funding should submit a scholarship request letter along with the application form with reasons for the request. Based on the criteria set by the institute, the Admission Committee will decide on the percentage of reduction in the program fee.
SPJIMR has been ranked 16th in the all India NIRF ranking 2019 and stood 2nd in the list of B-schools in Maharashtra. It was placed 4th in Business today all India ranking for 2019 and at number one for colleges in Maharashtra. Outlook placed it at the 8th rank for 2019 in all India list and at number one in Maharashtra. In The Week all India ranking 2019, SPJIMR was 8th and topped the Maharashtra rankings. It was 13th in The Economic Times all India list and 4th in Maharashtra.
- SPJIMR is an AACSB International (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) accredited institute
- It has collaborations with more than 10 international institutions including Brandeis University and BS Universitat
- PGDM, PGPM, PGEMP and PGPFMB programs have accreditation from the Association of MBAs (AMBA), UK
- The SPJIMR Business-Academia Conclave (SBAC) and Samaveshbrings corporate & academic leaders on the same platform in the quest to implement best practices in the business world
- PGPDM program received the bronze award for ‘Excellence in Management Education’ at the Indian Management Conclave (IMC) 2019
- The institute has various centres for specialization like the Centre for Entrepreneurship Development, Centre for Project Management, Centre for Development of Corporate Citizenship, Centre for Education in Social Sector, Centre for Family Managed Business
- The average compensation for the PGDM Class of 2019 stood at INR 22.90 LPA
The infrastructure facilities at the 45-acre campus range from air-conditioned classrooms to sports complex, Wi-Fi campus, hostel, library, cafeteria, auditorium, convenience store and laboratories. It also has an Executive Training centre, amphitheatre, CulturalCentre, botanical garden, open air theatre, yoga centre and adventure centre.
A. S P Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) Mumbai was founded by the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan in 1981. It functions as an autonomous institute.
A. The full-time residential programs at SPJIMR are the Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM), Global Management Program (GMP), Post Graduate Program for Women (PGMPW) and Fellow Program in Management (FPM).
A. SPJIMR has been ranked 16th in the all India NIRF ranking 2019 and stood 2nd in the list of B-schools in Maharashtra
A. Yes. The institute has received accreditation from Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. The PGDM, PGPM, PGEMP, PGPGM, PGPFMB and PGPDM programs are recognised by AMBA. PGDM program has the approval of the National Board of Accreditation (NBA). The PGDM, PGPM and FPM programs have approval from the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
A. No, the admission is strictly on the basis of the candidate’s marks scored in the qualifying tests like CAT and GMAT, academic and extra-curricular achievements and performance in the admission interview.
A. No work experience is not compulsory for most of the programs except PGPM which takes in only those with 5 years of full-time work experience.