IIM Indore (IIM I) has released the placement report for the Class of 2014 of its One Year Full Time MBA (EPGP). The highest domestic salary awarded to an EPGP student this year has broken all past placement records at the institute.
Rs 48 lakh – that’s the salary (domestic) a student of IIM Indore’s One Year Full Time MBA (EPGP) has landed as per the 2014 placement report released by the institute.
While the highest salary number tends to always leave one gasping for breath, what is special about the number this year is that the salary represents the highest ever domestic salary offer made at the institute till date!
The average salary offered to the Class of 2014 seems to have moved up over the past few years and at Rs 18.64 lakh represents a healthy growth over the average salary number published by IIM I for 2011 and 2012 which stood at Rs 17.75 lakh and Rs 16.5 lakh respectively.
An interesting aspect of the placement report published by the IIM I is the granular breakdown of salary data provided by the B-school. While most B-Schools tend to release the highest, lowest and average salary figures, in a refreshing break from this standard, IIM I has published not just salary slabs and data on exactly how many students received what salary, but importantly, also the growth in salary students received on graduating from the course.
- The median increase in salary for all the placed participants is 79.54%
- Remarkably, the growth achieved by candidates with high incoming salaries has been exceptional. 5 candidates have received offers between 35-40 lakh and managed on an average a 311% increase over their incoming salary
- The lucky student who graduated with a 48 lakh salary saw a 419% increase in his salary as compared to his incoming salary
- 5 students from the 47 strong Class have received offers between 34 and 40 lakh which represents on an average a 311% increase in salaries over incoming salaries for the group
- 7 students have received offers between 15-20 lakh representing on an average a 93% increase in salaries over incoming salaries for the group
- 13 students have received offers between 10-15 lakh which represents on an average a 78% increase in salaries over incoming salaries for the group
As per the report, 75% of the students opting for placements were placed by the date of graduation (July 31, 2014). As we have shared earlier, while this may seem odd to some of our readers in India, as they are used to stories of 100% placement at IIMs for the two-year PGP programme which largely recruits candidates with 0-1 years work experience (and consequently is accredited as a Masters in Management by global MBA accreditation body, Association of MBAs, UK), the figure is actually comparable to that quoted by most global B-Schools offering one-year and two-year MBA programmes which recruit professionals with on an average 5 years of work experience.
Most B-Schools in Europe and USA tend to support participants on their job search long after graduation and consequently publish numbers for both ‘students placed by graduation’ and ‘students placed by 3 months after graduation’. It is not clear whether IIM I will be publishing a similar consolidated placement report down the line. The fact that IIM I hasn’t published the list of recruiters for this year, something it has always done in the past, seems to point in this direction.
While the B-School hasn’t as yet published the companies that have recruited EPGP students this year, past recruiters for the One Year MBA students at IIM I provide an idea of the companies that may have recruited this year. Past recruiters of EPGP students at the institute include Accenture Management Consulting, McKinsey, Unilever, HCL, JP Morgan Chase, Amazon, IBM, HSBC, Infosys, Ericsson, Seers, Ernst & Young, KPMG & General Motors.
Detailed Report – IIM Indore One Year MBA (EPGP) 2014 Placements