Admission is open for the one year full-time MBA / One year MBA for Executives program at the University of Cambridge Judge Business School for the 2020-21 batch. The Round one application deadline falls on September 9.
The Cambridge MBA program stands 16th in the FT Global MBA Ranking 2019. It was ranked 13th in 2018 and 5th in 2017, carrying a 3-year average rank of 11.
Cambridge Judge MBA Admission 2020-21-Eligibility-Application Deadlines-Curriculum-Class Profile-Program Fee
Eligibility Criteria for One Year MBA at Cambridge Judge
- A 2:1 or above (or equivalent) in the undergraduate degree from a recognized university. A minimum of 3 years’ work experience
- GMAT or GRE scores. While no specific score range is requested, the School’s average GMAT score is 696. The GMAT/GRE score must be valid at the point of application (scores are valid for five years)
- One reference from a supervisor. The School does not accept an academic reference or a reference from a relative. (Applications are often held up because of references failing to be submitted. An automated reference request will be sent to your referee once you have entered their contact details into the online application system)
- Non-EU nationals will have to apply for a student visa to study in the UK. Refer to the UK Visas & Immigration website for the latest information regarding student visas to ascertain if you require a visa and the criteria that you will have to fulfill
- All applications must be submitted via our online application system. Candidates should submit their application by 23:59 GMT on the day of their chosen deadline
- Online payment of £150 will be charged for the submission of your completed application
You should have excellent academic achievements (top 25% of the class in an undergraduate degree). You should be highly motivated and ambitious with the ability to thrive under pressure. You should also have already exhibited a clear progression in your career.
Some international work experience and a global outlook are needed. You should be confident, creative and innovative. You should have strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
Application Deadlines & Process
- Round 1 September 9th, 2019, with interviews on October 20-21st, 2019
- Round 2 October 28th, 2019, with interviews on December 8-9th, 2019
- Round 3 January 13th, 2020, with interviews on February 23-24th or March 1-2nd, 2020
- Round 4 March 9th, 2020 with interviews on April 26-27, 2020
- Round 5 May 4th, 2020, with interviews on June 7-8th,2020
The MBA Admission Committee will review your application and if found suitable, shortlist you for the interview. However, the application should be complete in all respects (including the receipt of all necessary supporting information) before it is taken up for consideration. The School will not provide feedback on unsuccessful applications.
The Curriculum and Teaching
You will be participating in a series of workshops, seminars, lectures, small group work, group discussions, presentations and experiential learning. Starting with the fundamental disciplines of business and team building, you will progress through to team leading skills and organizational impact.
As a student, you will also be able to tailor your MBA through ‘Concentrations’, Summer Term activities, plus student-led activities and sector sector-related elements of the Career Development Program.
The projects include the Cambridge Venture Project (CVP) that has small teams working on a market analysis project with a UK based company, to develop team skills as part of the Management Praxis course.
The Global Consulting Project (GCP) will provide you with an opportunity to join team consulting work for a major international company, anywhere in the world. It is a four to six-week project, on a live issue of strategic importance for the client. The GCP is a valuable opportunity to apply your learning across the range of disciplines as well as test career options and make useful connections.
Take a look at the current class composition to get a fair idea of the participants in the Cambridge MBA.
- Number of Students is 206
- The average GMAT score is 693
- The average work experience is 6 years
- Male members comprise 64% and female 36%
- The average age of the cohort is 29 years
- . They represent 51 nationalities
Education background of the cohort
- Business/Accounting/Finance 29%
- Engineering 27%
- Social & Political Sciences/Languages 24%
- Science 13%
- Arts 7%
Industry background of the cohort
- Industry 46%
- Finance 25%
- Consulting 24%
- NGO/Not-for-Profit/Public Sector/Research/Education 5%
- The United States 33 students
- India 19
- The United Kingdom 15
- Japan 13
- China 12
- Canada 11
- South Africa and Thailand 7 each
- Indonesia and Malaysia 6 each
- Mexico, New Zealand and Australia 5 each
- Russia 4
- France and Taiwan 3 each
- Colombia, Peru, Poland, Germany and Turkey 2 each
- Paraguay, Kenya, Cameron, Nigeria, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Romania, Ukraine, Sweden and Vietnam 1 each
The fee for the program, starting in September 2020, is pegged at £55,000.
Got a comment, question or input? Share it below!