The application process for Chevening Scholarship for One Year MBA / One Year MBA for executives for 2020-21 is now open. Chevening offers scholarships for One Year MBA courses and other fellowship programs in the UK.
Chevening Scholarship details
Chevening Scholarships are available for applicants of One Year Masters degree at any UK University ranging about 12,000 courses from 150+ universities. Duration of this fellowship is 8 to 12 weeks.
It provides career growth opportunities in different areas like
- Science and Innovation
- Cyber Security
- Financial Services
Launch of this year’s program was celebrated by British High Commissioner to India, Sir Dominic Asquith on August 7, 2019, in New Delhi. There were reception and pre-departure event for new and returning winners.
“Chevening offers a unique and exciting opportunity for the most brilliant minds of India to come and study in the UK. I am proud to say that the India Chevening country program is the largest in the world and has produced more than 3,000 scholars and fellows since 1983,” Sir Dominic said.
“The program shows our commitment to developing future leaders and strengthening the UK and India’s living bridge, sharing the best of what our two countries have to offer. I encourage any ambitious young leaders and experienced professionals to apply,” he added.
Many past Chevening alumni are contributing remarkably in the growth and prosperity of India. Chevening alumni include
- Piyush Goyal, Minister for Commerce & Industry and Railways, Govt. of India.
- Amitabh Kant, CEO, Niti Ayog
- Samir Saran, President of Observer Research Foundation (ORF)
- Harish Bhat, Brand Custodian at Tata Sons
Application Timeline for Chevening Scholarships
- Last date to apply November 5, 2019
- Reading committee assessments Mid November 2019 to Early Mid February 2020
- Application shortlisted for interview early-mid February 2020
- References and education documents deadline February 25, 2020
- Interview dates March 2, 2020, to May 1, 2020
- Results early June 2020
- Offer Deadline July 16, 2020
- Studies start September-October 2020
In order to be eligible, the courses to choose must be full-time, and:
- Start in the autumn term (usually September/October)
- Taught master’s (i.e. not research-focused MRes programs)
- Lead to a master’s degree qualification
- Based in the UK
- Should be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory
- Has to return to their country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Should have completed all components of the undergraduate degree that will provide you entry into a postgraduate program at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- Have work experience of at least two years
- Can apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by July 16, 2020
- Should meet the Chevening English language requirement by July 16, 2020
- Should have a strong academic background
- No upper age limit
Eligibility Criteria for Chevening Fellowship
The candidate must have 7 to 10 years of work experience.
Fellowships on offer
- South Asian Journalism Fellowship
- Science and Innovation Leadership Fellowship
- Cyber Security Fellowship
- Financial Services Fellowships
- Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence
Application deadline for Chevening fellowship
The last date to apply is 9 October 2019*
*except for the Gurukul Fellowship, which will open on December 2019
In 2019-20, almost 1800 Chevening scholarships have been awarded worldwide. There are 50,000 Chevening alumni around the world creating a highly regarded global network. For more information please visit the official website of Chevening https://www.chevening.org.
Got a comment, question or input? Share it below!