- Name of the B-School: IIT Kharagpur / Vinod Gupta School Of Management
- Name of the course: Executive MBA
MBA for Executives / Executive MBA at IIT, Kharagpur / VGSOM | Accreditation | Ranking | Class Profile | Eligibility Criteria | Admission Process | Fees | Course Structure | Placement
- Course Duration: 3 year
- Course Type: Executive MBA, Weekends Only
- Course Start date: N/A
- Location: Kolkata, India
What is Executive MBA at IIT, Kharagpur?
AS per the B-School, it is a unique 3-year program (spread over 12 trimesters) for working executives, termed aptly as the Executive MBA Program or EMBA. This program is conducted in the IIT Kharagpur campuses in Kolkata and Bhubaneswar. Students enrolled in this program earn the degree of Master of Business Administration from IIT Kharagpur.
The 3 Years EMBA program enables working executives to upgrade their managerial knowledge and skills while continuing to be employed. This rigorous program is conducted through regular classes on weekends for the first two years and in company hands-on project work for three terms in the third year. The program consists of a compulsory set of core subjects and a variety of elective subjects just as in the case of a regular MBA program.
Who is this course for?
As per the B-School, the executive MBA program at VGSoM(IIT Kharagpur) is specially designed for senior and mid-career executives to facilitate their progression in their chosen careers. The program is aimed at transforming executives into better managers, emphasizing teamwork, and cross-cultural collaboration along with leadership and adaptability.
The eligibility criteria as per the B-School is as follows:
The executives applying for this program must have at least 3 years of experience (as on 20th July 2019) and a 1st class Bachelors degree in Engineering / Technology or a 1st class Masters degree in Science, Economics or Commerce (with Mathematics or Statistics at the Bachelor’s degree level), with the following criteria:
For institutes a) awarding degree based on aggregate marks secured in all years of the qualifying degree OR b) awarding degree based on aggregate marks secured in the final two semesters or final year of the qualifying degree:
- GE/NC-OBC/EWS: Minimum of 60% marks (OR CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale)
- SC/ST/PwD: Minimum of 55% marks (OR CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale)
- For both the above cases, if the CGPA is on a different scale than 10.0 the eligibility of the candidates will be calculated corresponding to the equivalence stated above.
- Admission to reserved category candidates will be as per Government of India rules.
- The CGPA will not be converted into percentage marks if the degree awarding Institute provides marks in the CGPA system. Their admission will be based on the CGPA awarded in the transcript
Application and Admission process
As per the B-School, interested students can apply online for this course. The application fee is INR 1000 is to be be paid online while applying and it is non-refundable.
Selection is through a written examination and interview at Kolkata (as mentioned in location). Reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC/EWS candidates will be as per the GOI rules applicable to IIT Kharagpur.
As per the B-School, the course fee is INR 6,00,000 (Six Lakhs) for the entire course including course material.
As per the B-School, the highlights of the Course Structure is as follows:
- 3-year program, divided into 12 terms
- 9 teaching terms and 3 project terms
- Teaching term of 9 weeks each
- Three weekends-on and one weekend-off
- Around 15 hours of classes on a weekend of Saturdays and Sundays
- 95 credits for EMBA balanced across theory and projects
- Theory Papers: 80 credits
- Management Project: 15 credits. Management Project to be conducted at the company where the student is employed or any other location, with mandatory progress presentations every term, spread over Terms X, XI & XII
Got a comment, question or input? Share it below!
[news_focus cat=”IIT , Kharagpur” /]