- Name of the B-School: L M Thapar School of Management
- Name of the course: Executive MBA
MBA for Executives / Executive MBA at LMTSM, Mohali | Accreditation | Ranking | Class Profile | Eligibility Criteria | Admission Process | Fees | Course Structure | Placement
- Course Duration: 18 Months
- Course Type: Alternative Weekends
- Course Start date: N/A
- Location: Mohali, Punjab, India
What is Executive MBA at LMTSM, Mohali?
AS per the B-School, it is an 18-month course for working executives and classes are scheduled on weekends only. The group of experienced Scholars, Teachers and Practitioners will help the students unlock your potential to deal with challenges and opportunities offered by the modern business world.
- Branding and Marketing Management (BMM)
- Corporate and Entrepreneurial Finance (CEF)
- Strategy and International Management (SIM)
- Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship (IME)
- Operations and Technology Management (OTM)
- Higher Education Management (HEM)
The eligibility criteria as per the B-School is as follows:
- Graduation from a recognized University
- A minimum of six years of work experience is necessary for you to be eligible to apply for the Executive MBA program. Candidates with demonstrated potential will be considered with a fewer number of year of experience
Application and Admission process
As per the B-School, they execute a rolling admissions process. However, given the competitive nature and the limited number of slots in the program, they advise that you start the admission process well in time before the commencement of the program.
They base the admission decision on your educational and professional background, your motivation essay, your contribution to the society and your interview with the admissions committee. They give credit to your achievements so far and your potential to take up a responsible leadership role in an organization. Other important indicators of success we look for are your attitude, your openness to new ideas and your sense of justice. The program has been designed by keeping the students as the center of the learning journey and therefore student empowerment is key to the success of the EMBA.
The admission procedure is as follows:
Stage 1: Submitting the online application
Please submit your application online at the Application form along with supporting documents. You will also be required to submit a motivational essay.
Stage 2: Application review
Your application will be reviewed by the admissions committee. The decision of the reviewing committee will be made within 5 working days from the date of your application.
Stage 3: Personal interview
This is the most important and compulsory component of the entire admission process. Depending on the availability this can be done physically, over the phone, or on Skype. During this, you will need to very explicitly demonstrate why you want to enroll for the program, your understanding of what the program has to offer and your contribution to the program. You might have to go for multiple rounds of interview. The Director would like to speak to all applicants before a final offer is made.
Stage 4: Communication of decision
Whatever decision is made by the admissions committee will be communicated in three working days. Successful candidates will need to accept and confirm their place.
Stage 5: Accepting the offer and registration
You will have a few days to register for the program and submit all documents and fees pertaining to the program.
According to the B-School, the fee for the Executive MBA program is Rs. 5.85 lakhs which is payable in 6 equal instalments during the period of 18 Months.
There is an Optional (2 Week) Global Immersion program opportunity (Europe / East Asia) for the students with no extra tuition fee. But the student needs to bear the expense of to and fro airfare and boarding & lodging at these locations.
The B-School offers 30 scholarships to extra-ordinary candidates. The scholarship award is decided on the basis of your academic qualifications, nature of work experience, personal interview and your ability to contribute to the quality of the Executive MBA program. The scholarship amount varies from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1,00,000.
- Organizing and Managing
- Entrepreneuring and Innovating
- Understanding the economy, start-ups to social ventures to large for-profit corporations
- Marketing and Consumer Behaviour
- Operations Management and Enabling Technologies
- Accounting and Finance
- Managing Human Resources
- Data Science and Evidence-Based Management
- Strategic Management for Sustainability
- International Business and Cross-Cultural Management
- Leading in the Dynamic World
- Consultative Problem Solving and Management & Organizational Consulting
[news_focus cat=”LMTSM, Mohali” /]