Started in 1984, the 15-month Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management (EPGDM) Program at the International Management Institute, New Delhi, is designed for middle level managers who wish to take up leadership roles in the industry or have been identified by their organisations for such roles. The Program that includes a 5-week international study module provides general management and functional area orientation with emphasis on international and cross-cultural exposure.
The special characteristics that define IMI New Delhi as a management institute & details about the placements statistics, key recruiters, class profile, Scholarships etc:
1. What are the average and maximum CTC for the latest batch? Is it maintaining an upward or downward trend?
Batch – 2016-17
Maximum CTC – 27 L/PA
Average CTC – 13.5 LP/A
Placements are ongoing for the current Batch
2. The key recruiters from the course? Accenture, HCL, KPMG, REPL, For the previous Batch
LAVA International, Newgen, Sapient, for the Current Batch
Some of the key recruiters are: Accenture, Deutsche Bank, Genpact, HCL, Jet Airways , KPMG, LAVA international, Maruti Suzuki India Pvt. Ltd., Newgen Technologies, REPL ,Sapient, Ujaas Energy Ltd. etc
3. What were some of the roles offered to the batch post the course?
Business Development Consultant, Consultant-Advisory-Risk Consulting, Business Unit Service Manager, Business Analysts, Team Lead –Digital marketing, Project Manager, Asst. Manager- Product & Solutions.
The amount of scholarship is Rs. 60,000/- for the first rank holder, Rs. 40,000/- for the second rank holder and Rs. 20,000/- for the third rank holder.
4. Which sectors attracted the maximum number of graduates/offered the best pay and other benefits?
IT/ ITES & Telecom
5. What was the class profile? The gender ratio, work experience, education/work background?
The class has 79% of Indian students and 21% of international students.
The work experience ranges from :
- 50-60 months – 36%
- 61-70 months – 36%
- 71-80 months- 7%
- 81-90 months- 7%
- 90-100 months- 14%
6. Any steps being taken to increase diversity in the classroom, changes in the course content (in view of the rapidly changing market environment)
The college lives by its name that is International Management Institute as the batch has a mix of both Indian and International students working together in synergy. The program is also scheduled as such that students from various different industry backgrounds are taken to provide an overall learning of all industries. The course content is kept malleable pertaining to the market environment. The college believes in providing education through the medium of experiential learning helping the students grasp the concepts through various case studies and discussions.
7. Any scholarships this year to help prospective students?
The merit scholarships are awarded to the students of the PGDM (Executive) programme on the basis of outstanding cumulative academic performance at the end of the programme. The amount of scholarship is Rs. 60,000/- for the first rank holder, Rs. 40,000/- for the second rank holder and Rs. 20,000/- for the third rank holder.
Students who have obtained a `D’ or `F’ grade in any course are not eligible for the award of a scholarship.
According to the above clause (number 21.1 in “handbook of information for students”, 2015-16) following students received merit scholarship in the academic year 2016-17.
|1. Vinesh Singh Chauhan (First)|
|2. Ashis Kumar Tripathy (Second)|
|3. Pradeep Kumar Dash (Third)|
8. Who are some of the alumni from the course who have made a mark in the corporate world?
Some of the reputed Alumni are:
- Atul Sobti CMD, BHEL Batch – 1986
- Mr Shashank Randev Vice President, VC Circle Network Batch – 2009
- Mr Akhilesh Verma Chief Manager (Outsourcing) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited Batch – 2009
- B. K Iyer Chief Executive and Head of International Syndications ICICI Bank Ltd., Singapore Batch – 1985