The One Year MBA (PGP) Class of 2019 at the Indian School of Business (ISB) secured an average salary of Rs 25.09 Lakh per Annum (LPA) in placements, the highest ever received so far by any cohort at the school. The 598 students who participated in the placement process bagged as many as 1301 placement offers while the number of recruiters went up by 29%.
ISB Hyderabad / Mohali 1 Year MBA (PGP) 2019 Placements
Note- this is the full and final report on ISB’s 2019 PGP placements and is an update to the previous story on ISB’s interim placements report for Class of 2019 published by us in December 2018.
- There has been a 16% growth in the placement offers compared to the previous year
- 35 students had opted out of the placement process to take up the entrepreneurial path
- The highest domestic package is Rs 1 crore
- In 2019 average CTC of Rs 25.09 LPA is the highest average CTC of any class at ISB so far
- This is more than the Rs 22,13,592 (80% mean) and Rs 22,00,000 (80% median) drawn by the Class of 2018.
Average salary (Mid 80 percentile offer average) – Past 5 years & current year
- In 2014, Average Domestic Salary was Rs 18,15,964
- In 2015, Average Domestic Salary was Rs 19,12,444
- In 2016, Average Domestic Salary was Rs 22,58,273
- In 2017, Average Domestic Salary was Rs 20,90,211
- In 2018, Average Domestic Salary was Rs 22,14, 684
- In 2019, Average Domestic Salary is Rs 25.09 LPA
The Class of 2018 got 42 offers from 22 international firms that included Arthur D Little Dubai, Cargill, Chemaf, Damac, Siemens and Kalpataru International.
Domain-wise Placement Details
Major Placement Sectors
Deloitte, Accenture and Amazon made more than 15 offers.
Amazon, Bain, BCG, Deloitte, Flipkart, Google, HDFC Bank, LEK Consulting, McKinsey, Microsoft, Oyo Rooms, Reliance Industries, Rivigo, Samsung, Uber also had their biggest single-campus placement at ISB.
Barclays, Citibank, Credit Suisse, HSBC, JP Morgan, ICICI Bank and Matrix were the prominent recruiters in the BFSI sector.
Apple, E&Y, GrabTaxi, Li and Fung were the top international recruiters who hired for locations in the Middle East, Hong Kong, North Africa and Singapore
Bizongo, Cars24, Magicpin, Paytm, Shuttl, Swiggy, Udaan.com, and Zomato also were among the major Startups at the Placement.
While the Placement process concluded in April 2019, ISB is yet to post the detailed placement figures on its website.
Major Recruiters at ISB 2019 PGP Placements
AB InBev Aditya Birla Group Amazon A.T. Kearney Limited Accenture Solutions Pvt Ltd ZS Associates Apple South Asia Pte Ltd Axis Bank Bain and Company India Pvt. Ltd. Barclays Bharti Airtel Ltd. Indian Ports Association (Ministry of Shipping) CGI Information Systems and Management Consultant Cipla Ltd. Cloudtail India Pvt Ltd Coffee Day Global Ltd. Cognizant Technology Solution Cummins India Limited Deloitte Consulting Pvt Ltd DHR Holding India Pvt Ltd Directi Internet Solutions Pvt. Ltd. ELASTICRUN Ethos Limited EXL Service Fintellix Solutions Pvt Ltd Flipkart.com Future Group GEP Worldwide Godrej Industries Limited Google India Private Limited Govt. Of Andhra Pradesh IMS Health Information and Consulting Services India Pvt Ltd Indigo Aviation Ltd. Infosys Limited ITC Infotech India Ltd. JK Organisation Kalpataru Group of Companies KPMG Larsen and Toubro Infotech Ltd Max Heathcare Institute Ltd. Max Life Insurance McKinsey & Company Media.net Software Solutions India Pvt. Ltd. Microsoft Microsoft Myntra Designs Pvt Ltd NestlÃ© India Limited OP Jindal Global University Optum, UHG P&G Paytm PhonePe Private Limited PriceWaterCoopers DIAC PwC Pvt. Ltd. Reliance Industries Limited Repro India Ltd Rivigo Services Pvt Ltd RPG Samsung Electronics Samsung Research and Development Institute, Bangalore Shalina Resources Limited (Unit: Chemaf) Shapoorji Pallonji Group Shell Business Operations Shuttl Spencer's Retail Ltd. Star India Pvt Ltd Sterlite Power Transmission Ltd Sterlite Technologies Tata Communications The Boston Consulting Group Tikona Infinet Pvt Ltd Times Internet Ltd Tolaram Group Treebo Hotels (Ruptub Solutions Pvt Ltd) Uber Vector Consulting Group Virtusa Consulting Services Pvt Ltd WNS Global Services Private ltd
Profile of ISB’s Class of 2019
The Class of 2019 comprised a pool of students drawn from varied backgrounds such as
- Merchant Navy and
Several students had the experience of working across geographies.
Retaining the philosophy of ‘One school – Two campuses’, ISB’s admission policy, academic calendar, a mix of resident and visiting faculty (from partner schools) and placement policy has continued to remain common for both the campuses in Hyderabad and Mohali.
Students are drawn from a common merit list and assigned to either of the campuses randomly in the ratio of class capacities.
- The Class of 887 has 34% women.
- The GMAT mid 80% range was 680 to 750 (Mean 710, Median 710).
- GRE mid 80% was 322 to 331(Mean 326, Median 326).
- The class had 37 students with 8 years and above work experience.
- 202 with 5-8 years work experience
- 361 with 3-5 years work experience
- 287 with up to 3 years work experience.
Class of 2019 – Industries represented
- Consulting 25%
- IT/ITES 17%
- Banks/Financial Services/Financial Institutions 11%
- Manufacturing 9%
- Marketing 7%
- Oil/Energy/Petroleum/Minerals 5%
- Others 7%
- Advt/ Media/ Comm/PR/ Entertainment 3%
- FMCG/ Retail/Consumer Durables 3%
- Govt/ PSUs/ NGOs/ Forces/ Services 3%
- Pharma/ Biotech/ Healthcare/ Hospitals 3%
- Infrastructure/ Construction/ Real Estate 2%
- Engineering 2%
- Education / Teaching & Training 1%
- High Technology/ Electronics/ MFG/Service 1%
- Telecom 1%