SCMHRD Pune: B-School Info
SCMHRD (Full form: Symbiosis Centre for Management & Human Resource Development) is offering MBA / PGDM programs in a wide spectrum of specializations since 1993. The B-School is offering these courses in specializations like Business Analytics, Finance, Marketing, HR, Operations, Infrastructure development and management.
The campus here at SCMHRD Pune if fully Wi-Fi enabled. The students pursuing MBA / PGDM courses from this school are provided with the services and amenities like Student Activity Centre, Basketball Court, Computer Lab, Table Tennis Court, Swimming Pool, Music Rooms, Auditorium, Bus Facility, Cafeteria, Juice shop, Convenience Stores as well hostel facility for female as well as male students.
When it comes to the library of the B-School, it consists of around 5000 reference books, 430 back volumes, about 18000 titles, almost 24000 books, 8 Journals, near about 2300 CDs/DVDs, 11 Online databases, 12 Newspapers, and 29 Magazines.
The content available in the library are sources of knowledge and skills related to the best national and international business and management practices as well as skills related to Leadership and Entrepreneurship.
Key Highlights of SCMHRD Pune
|Name of the B-School||Symbiosis Centre for Management & Human Resource Development|
|Name of the University||Symbiosis International Deemed to be University|
|Education Modes||Full Time, Part-Time|
|Courses||SCMHRD is offering 4 courses in the stream of management|
|Seats Available||The total number of seats available in the B-School is 420|
|Mode of Application||Online|
In Times Ranking 2020, the B-School has been ranked 13th, In The Week Ranking 2019, the B-School has been ranked 7th
Number of faculty
83 in total, The number of Visiting Faculty is 56, and the number of Permanent faculty here in the B-School is 27,
SDMHRC Website: https://www.scmhrd.edu/
SCMHRD Rankings (Detailed)
The rankings of Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development used to be decent most of the time. In most of the rankings, rank of SCMHRD used to be in the top 30 institutes around the country offering courses related to the management stream. Some of these top rankings include the rankings provided by The Week, Times and Business World. Some of the worth mentioning the ranking position of the B-School is as follows:
- Times Rankings 2020: Ranked 13th among the Private MBA Institutes in India
- The Week Rankings 2019: Ranked 7th among the Private MBA institutes in India
- Economic Times Rankings 2019: Ranked 21st among the MBA Institutes in India
- Business World Rankings 2019: Ranked 22nd among the MBA Institutes in India
- Composite Ranking 2019: Ranked 23rd among the MBA Institutes in India
- Business Today 2019: Ranked 24th among the Private MBA institutes in India
SCMHRD Admission Process
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Process
The students looking for admissions at SCMHRD can apply for the relevant courses online. They need to browse the official website of the B-School and submit their application. SCMHRD is offering MBA programs under spectrum of specializations. Generally the process of admission starts here at SCMHRD in August every year.
In 2020, the MBA programs commenced on 02nd of June 2020.
|Name Of Course||Eligibility Criteria||First Year Fee (In INR)|
|MBA (Finance, Marketing, HR and Operations)||Graduation degree from recognised university with at least 50% marks or equivalent GPA.||INR 10.85 lakhs|
|MBA in Infrastructure Development and Management (IDM)||BE/ BTech/ BArch/ BPlan degree from recognised university with at least 50% marks or equivalent GPA||INR 7.55 lakhs|
|MBA in Business Analytics||Graduation degree from recognized university with at least 50% marks or equivalent GPA.||INR 8.40 lakhs|
|Executive MBA||Graduation degree from recognized university with at least 50% marks or equivalent GPA.||INR 2.10 lakhs|
SCMHRD is offering following courses in Management Stream
- MBA (4 Specializations- Operations, Marketing, Finance & HR)
MBA at SCMHRD is one of the top management courses in India. The B-School is offering this course in 4 Specializations. These are Operations, Marketing, Finance and HR. The total fee for this course is around INR 16.06 Lakh. The duration MBA from SCMHRD is 2 Years and the course education mode is full time classroom mode. On successful completion of this course the students are awarded with PG Degree.
SCMHRD provides facility of campus placements to each and every student doing an MBA course at the B-School. SCMHRD Placement process is as follows:
- Average Salary Provided: INR 16. 1 lakhs
- Highest Salary Provided (Domestic): INR 32.8 lakhs
- Highest Salary Provided (International): INR 58 lakhs
SNAP cut-off for different categories in the final round of MBA Admission:
|Category||2019 Cut-off by %ile|
|Economically Weaker Section||96 %ile|
Students can avail PG Merit Scholarships:
Scholarship Policy of Symbiosis Society Foundation
- Topper will be awarded scholarship based on academic excellence, a minimum GPA of 7.50 .
- Students those who have cleared the courses without any backlog.
- The student who has been awarded merit scholarship by the University shall not be debarred from stipend or any financial assistance from any other source.
- In case a student is eligible for more than one scholarship/feeship by the University, he/she shall be awarded only one scholarship/freeship as per his/her preference.
- In 2019 Chronicle Survey of Indian B-Schools, SCMHRD has been ranked #10th.
- In CSR-GHRDC B-School Survey of Top B-Schools of Super Excellence in 2018, SCMHRD has been Ranked 4th
- In OUTLOOK-DRSHTI B-School survey 2018, Ranked #13 in top 100 management institutes
- In NHRDN B-School rankings 2017, ranked #18th in Top B-Schools in India
- Sports Complex
- Hospital / Medical Facilities
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Shuttle Service
- Music Room
- Convenience Store
- Conference Halls
- Discussions Rooms
- Yoga Center
- Workout Hall
- ATM Facility
- Photocopy and Printer Shop
- Coffee Shop
A: Yes, SCMHRD is an integral part of Symbiosis International deemed to be University.
A: According to the official website of SCMHRD, the process of admission starts in August every year.
A: Interested students can apply by browsing the application link available on the SCMHRD official website. At first, he/she has to register first by providing the required information. After registering successfully, application form is to be filled.
A: SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test) is the exam students should appear in if they are interested in doing MBA from SCMHRD.
A: The final selection used to be done on the basis of SNAP score as well as how the aspirant performed in the mandatory tests for admissions i.e. Personal Interview (PI), Written Ability Test(WAT) and Group Experience(GE).
A: There are ten Specializations options available for MBA programs here at SCMHRD. Following is the list of available specializations:
Economics, Statistics and Research
Infrastructure Development and Management
A: Yes, SCMHRD is offering a 30 month part time (weekend classes) for the working professionals. Name of the program is Executive MBA.
A: The total fee for this course is around INR 11.40 Lakh.