NMIMS Mumbai B-School Info
The NMIMS School of Business Management, ever since its inception in the year 1981, has expanded over the decades. Apart from Mumbai, it has campuses in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Indore, Navi Mumbai and Shirpur in Dhule district of Maharashtra. As many as 11 schools with separate infrastructure are housed in Mumbai campus.
Besides MBA in Marketing, Finance and Information System, NMIMS Mumbai also has a Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) in Business Analytics.
|Also Known As||SBM NMIMS|
|Popular Courses||MBA/PGDM , Executive MBA/PGDM|
Total Courses 18 courses across 4 streams
NMIMS Admission Process
The first step for gaining admission at NMIMS is to register by filling up and submitting the NMIMS application form available on the institute’s official website. Applicants for the full-time programs would be required to appear for NMAT, an aptitude test conducted by NMIMS. The admission committee will evaluate and shortlist candidates on the basis of NMAT scores, academic qualifications and other achievements. The final offer of admission will be made after further evaluation of the candidates’ performance in CD (Case Discussion) and PI (Personal Interview). For those who have cleared SAT exam, a different admission procedure is followed.
Courses & Fees Offered
NMIMS offers 18 courses in 4 streams and 10 specializations
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), a 2-year full-time program with a fee of Rs 19.76 lakh
- MBA in Pharmaceutical Management, a 2-year full-time program with a fee of Rs 12.00 lakh
- MBA Decision Science and Analytics + MS Business Analytics and Information Management A 2-year full time program with a fee of Rs 20.00 lakh
- MBA in Human Resources, a 2-year full time program with a fee of Rs 19.76 lakh
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), a 2-year part-time program with a fee-of Rs 6.01 lakh
- Executive Masters of Business Administration (EMBA), a 15-month part-time program with a Fees of Rs 5.25 lakh
NMIMS lays emphasis on not only the development of the students on the academic front, but also in ensuring that they gain practical knowledge through internship with major firms and career development with campus placements. Regular recruiters at NMIMS include Barclays, Bank of America, Deloitte, EY and Vedanta. Final Placement for the 2016-18 batch saw the participation of around 172 firms including 58 new recruiters. Almost 46% of the students received pre-placement offers (PPOs) from the firms where they had completed their summer internships.
You can check on this page the cut-offs for NMAT under various categories for the management programs offered by NMIMS at its various campuses.
PGDM Business Analytics, Mumbai
|Category||2019 Cut-off score|
|Economically Weaker Section||200|
Students from economically weaker sections, Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) categories and the physically handicapped s are eligible for financial assistance in the form of the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students. Those enrolled in professional courses receive Rs 2000 in the fourth and fifth year. These scholarships are awarded on the basis of marks scored in the senior secondary examination.
NMIMS also takes into consideration the categories given below:
- Those who score above 80th percentile in the relevant stream of a particular examination board
- Students in class 12th or equivalent with a family income of below Rs 6 LPA
- Students pursuing regular courses without availing any other scheme
- In 2020, NMIMS ranked 24 for MBA by NIRF
- In 2020, NMIMS ranked 4th by Outlook MBA rankings among private B-schools & 12th among all the MBA colleges and universities in India.
- In 2019, NMIMS ranked 6 for MBA by Economic Times
- In 2019, NMIMS ranked 9 for Private MBA by Business Today
- In 2019, NMIMS ranked 20 for Private MBA by NIRF
- In 2019, NMIMS ranked 11 for E-MBA by Business Today
- NMIMS was placed 10th among the top 100 Management Schools in India and 4th among the top 10 Private B-Schools in the Outlook B-Schools survey in October 2016
- FICCI awarded NMIMS as the University of the year in 2016
- Academic collaborations with international institutions including University of South Florida, USA and Grenoble Ecole de Management, France, for student/ faculty exchange programs
- Faculty members have published field research papers in several noted publishing houses including Ivey publishing, Harvard Business School Publishing (HBSP) and Asian Case Clearing House
- NMIMS has membership with Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)
- The institute has introduced SAP in academic administration and Blackboard Learning Management System (BBLMS), used by the faculty members regularly
- NMIMS has singed MoU with UNSW, Sydney for educational purposes
- Sports Complex
- Hospital / Medical Facilities
- Wi-Fi Campus
- A/C Classrooms
- Conference Room
- Student lounges
- Management Development Program Hall
- Seminar Halls