NMIMS – Admissions
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) offers five full-time MBA programs in various specializations and one Executive MBA course. The score of the standardized aptitude test NMAT by GMAC exam scores is required for admission to the MBA programs. After the initial evaluation on the basis of academic qualifications and the entrance test scores, the shortlisted candidates are invited for a Case Discussion and Personal Interview.
NMIMS Admission Process 2020
Registration for admission to the various programs at NMIMS is done online and submission of the application form is performed offline. Following are some of the important aspects of the admission process:
- MBA program applicants get shortlisted on the basis of NMAT by GMAC entrance score
- Final selection of candidates for the MBA program takes into consideration the candidates’ performance in the CD (Case Discussion) and PI(Personal Interview)
- Candidates applying for Part-time MBA should possess the requisite experience in the relevant field
- GMAT/ GRE scores are acceptable for admission to Dual-degree MBA course
- Admission to Executive MBA program is based on the applicants’ educational qualification, academic achievements and work experience besides the written test and personal interview
NMIMS Admission Dates 2020
Important Dates for MBA/PGDM program
|Announcement of NMAT result||January 23, 2020|
|Registration for Personal Interview||January 24 to 29, 2020|
|Conduct of CD/ PI||February 1 to 21, 2020|
|Declaration of 1st Merit List (on website after 5.00 pm)||February 24, 2020 (MBA),|
March 7, 2020 (PGDM)
|Payment of fees (I Merit List)||February 25 to March 7, 2020 (MBA)|
March 9 to 21, 2020 (PGDM)
|Declaration of II merit list||March 11, 2020 (MBA)|
March 25, 2020 (PGDM)
|Payment of fees (II Merit List)||March 12 to 23, 2020 (MBA)|
March 26 to April 8, 2020 (PGDM)
|Declaration of III merit list||April 11, 2020 (PGDM)|
|Payment of fees (III Merit List)||April 13 to 22, 2020 (PGDM)|
MBA Program – Mumbai Campus
|Registration, Inauguration Programme at NMIMS (Commencement of Programme)||June 8, 2020|
|Closure of Admission||June 24, 2020|
NMIMS MBA Admission 2020
For MBA program
Admission to MBA program is based on NMAT by GMAC test score. The standardized aptitude test is conducted by GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council). For the shortlisted candidates, Case Discussion and Personal Interview are held in Mumbai, Bengaluru/ Hyderabad (if required). NMAT by GMAC is held at selected centres.
Applicants for the part-time MBA program should possess a minimum of 2-years’ work experience with a social organization, either as full-time staff or as a volunteer or a minimum 2-years’ work experience in corporate/ administrative/ business entities.
Graduate from a recognized university
|Human Resource Management|
|General||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University with minimum 50% marks|
Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Science, Life Sciences, MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, BSc and MSc in Biotechnology from a recognized University with minimum 50% aggregate
Post Graduate degree in Economics, Psychology and Sociology
BTech/BE in Bio-Tech or Bio-Medical
|Law||Graduates with 3 or 5 years LLB degree programs from recognized University|
Qualified Chartered Accountants/ Cost Accountants/ Company Secretaries
|Real Estate Management||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University|
MBA Dual degree
Candidates must have a valid GMAT score (minimum 650)/ GRE score (minimum 319), GMAT score for the last 5years will be considered
|MBA in Decision Sciences & Analytics & MS in Business Analytics & Information Management||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from recognized University with minimum 50% in aggregate|
Candidates shall have taken Mathematics at the pre-university level (10+2) or equivalent exam and English proficiency result
NMIMS E-MBA Admission 2020
For E-MBA program
- Candidates for E-MBA program are selected on their educational qualifications, academic record, work experience, a written test and personal interview
- They should possess at least 5-years or more work experience either in a managerial or a supervisory capacity
|E-MBA||Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university|
For E-MBA in Pharmaceutical Management program
E-MBA in pharmaceutical management selection comprises the following components:
- A written test on Pharma – 50 Marks
- Personal Interview – 50 Marks
- Total – 100 Marks
|E-MBA in Pharmaceutical Management||Graduate in any discipline from a reputed university and 3-years work experience in a pharmaceutical company|
Diploma in Social Entrepreneurship
Applicants are selected based on the performance in the Essay test and Personal Interview conducted by the institute.
|Diploma in Social Entrepreneurship||Graduation from a recognized university in any discipline|
NMIMS Application Process 2020
For MBA programme
Documents required along with the application form
- 10th Mark sheet & Passing Certificate
- 12th Mark sheet & Passing Certificate
- Degree Mark sheet (for 1,2,3,4 ……… years), separately for each semester/ trimester.
- Degree Certificate
- Provisional Degree certificate/ Passing Certificate
- Post Graduate Degree Mark sheet, wherever applicable
- Post Graduate Degree Certificate, wherever applicable
- AIU Certificate (University Equivalence) is mandatory for those candidates who have completed their
- Graduation from Overseas Universities
- Migration Certificate
- Eligibility Certificate (If required)
- Work Experience Certificate
- Medical Fitness Certificate (In Original signed by Registered Medical Practitioner)
- Mediclaim Policy
NMIMS Seat Intake 2020
Refer to the below table, to learn more about seat intake of respective programs,
|MBA Two-year full-time program having a concentration in any one of the following areas:||540|
|Finance/Information Systems/ Marketing/Operations & Decision Sciences|
|MBA Human Resource||60|
|MBA Decision Science & Analytics (Dual Degree in MBA Decision Science & Analytics, SBM + MS Business Analytics & Information Management, Purdue University)||60|
|MBA in Pharmaceutical Management||120|
NMIMS Admission FAQs
A: The fee for the MBA programs at NMIMS is given below:
|MBA-HR||INR 17.5 Lakh|
|MBA-Family Business||INR 18 Lakh|
|MBA-Executive||INR 5 Lakh|
|PGDM (Bangalore/Hyderabad/Navi Mumbai/Indore)||INR 14.5 Lakh|
A: In terms of toughness, both are similar except in some areas. For instance, while the sections dealing with English language capabilities are almost at the same level, Quantitative Aptitude questions are considered to be tougher for CAT.
A: NMAT by GMAC is the only exam scores acceptable for MBA admission 2020.
A: Yes, NMIMS the institute provides accommodation to students. Besidestwo hostels, it hasfour rented premises in Mumbai. There are separate hostels for boys and girls.
A: The cut off for the academic programs varies from campus to campus.In Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Indore and Navi Mumbai, it varies from 80 to 94 percentile. The highest cut off is at NMIMS Mumbai.
A: NMIMS-NPAT is conducted by NMIMS, where as NMAT by GMAC.
A: 500 seats are available for MBA/PGDM programs at Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Indore campus.
A: No, work experience is not compulsory for MBA programs. However, candidates with two or more years of work experience are given preference during admission.