CMAT 2020 Eligibility and Reservation Criteria
To appear for CMAT, the candidates have to fulfil certain eligibility criteria. This criterion is set by National Testing Agency (NTA), which is an AICTE approved B-school offering admissions to MBA/PGDM courses on the basis of CMAT scores.
In this article, you can understand the complete CMAT eligibility criteria including educational qualification, age limit and reservation policy.
NTA will conduct CMAT 2020 on January 28, 2020, as an online examination from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM. The candidates must complete CMAT 2020 registration before the last date (November 30). Before registering, thoroughly go through the CMAT eligibility criteria 2020 to avoid making mistakes.
Also Check CMAT Answer Key
CMAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must be an Indian.
- Candidates must have a bachelor degree of minimum three-year duration or equivalent in any stream from any AICTE approved institute/university
- Candidates in the final year of their Bachelor degree are also eligible provided their result will be declared before the 2020-2021 admissions begin. They have to submit their marks sheet as proof of qualifying their final year examination during the time of admission.
- There is no upper age limit for applying for CMAT 2020.
It is mandatory for all candidates to fulfil the CMAT eligibility criteria 2020. If a candidate doesn’t fulfil the criteria at any stage of admission, their selection will be disqualified even if they have good CMAT 2020 score.
Also Check CMAT Syllabus
CMAT Reservation Criteria 2020
There is no reservation policy for CMAT exam but the B-schools accepting CMAT scores follow reservation criteria as prescribed by the Government of India. To avail reservation benefits at the time of admission, the candidates must mention their reservation status (caste/PwD category) in the CMAT 2020 application form.
CMAT 2020 Reservation Policy:
|Category||Reservation (in percentage)|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||27%|
|PwD||5% in each category|
CMAT 2020 Reservation under Persons with Disabilities:
Candidates suffering from 40 per cent or more disability (from listed disabilities) can claim admission under PwD category. These disabilities include:
- Blindness and low vision
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
- Autism, intellectual disability, specified learning disability and mental illness, and
- Persons suffering from multiple disabilities from (1) to (4)
- Other ‘specified disabilities’ mentioned in RPwD Act 2016
Candidates can change their category in the CMAT application form only till the last date of CMAT 2020 application process. No change is permitted after the last date.
CMAT Eligibility for Scribe/Reader:
Candidates with disabilities under the category of blindness, locomotor disability (both arms affected BA) and cerebral palsy, can avail the facility of scribe/reader/lab assistant on CMAT 2020 exam day. Such candidates need to submit a request in writing to the CMAT 2020 Exam Centre Superintendent for their requirements of Scribe/Reader along with the disability certificate issued by the authorized Medical Officer before January 21, 2020.
- CMAT 2020 Test Centre Superintendent will provide a scribe/ reader who is least one year junior to the candidate academically.
- Candidates availing scribe/reader can request the Centre Superintendent to meet the allotted scribe one day prior to the examination to verify their suitability and general acquaintanceship.
- Candidates availing scribe/reader will get an extra 60 minutes to complete the CMAT 2020 exam.
Also Check CMAT Pattern
Got a comment, question or input? Share it below!