IIFT Entrance Exam in Brief
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) in Delhi, Kolkata and Kakinada offers an MBA course in International Business. To enroll for the International Business course, one has to clear the IIFT entrance exam which is a management aptitude test. For admissions for the year 2020, the IIFT exam was conducted on December 1, 2019 in online mode at 86 exam centres in 41 cities across India. The subjects the exam covered were English, Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning and General Awareness. A total of 110 questions were there in the exam which had to be answered within 2 hours. This year, IIFT exam had been conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Highlights of the IIFT 2020 Exam
|Exam Name||IIFT Exam|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Exam Syllabus||· VARC|
· General Knowledge
· Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation
· Quantitative Analysis
|Exam Pattern||110 questions in MCQ format|
|Exam Fees||Rs 2000 (General category)|
|Exam Purpose||Admission into IIFT Delhi, IIFT Kolkata and IIFT Kakinada|
|Course Offered||MBA-International Business|
|No. of Test Cities||41|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||0120-6895200|
IIFT Exam 2020 Important Dates
IIFT 2020 exam was held on December 1, 2019 and the result declaration was scheduled for December 11, 2019. The complete timeline of the IIFT exam 2020 is as follows:
|IIFT 2020 Events||IIFT 2020 Dates||Salient features|
|Registrations begin||September 9, 2019||Only online applications are accepted|
|Registrations end||October 25, 2019||Last date to apply as per first IIFT 2020 notification|
|Registrations extended||November 3, 2019||Deadline extended by a week. Forms can be submitted till 11:50 pm|
|Registration process for J&K candidates||November 4-8, 2019||Only J&K candidates can fill the IIFT 2020 form during this period|
|Payment of application fees||November 4, 2019||Deadline extended from October 26|
|Form correction begins||November 9, 2019||Candidates can re-upload image and signature.|
No other correction allowed
|Form correction ends||November 11, 2019||Deadline unlikely to be extended|
|Admit card download begins||November 15, 2019||Admit card to be available on the official website. Earlier admit card issue date was November 11|
|Admit card download ends||December 1, 2019||Can be downloaded till exam day|
|Exam date||December 1, 2019||Exam to be held in single session in more than 220 cities|
|Answer key release||December 3, 2019||IIFT 2020 answer key with question paper to be available online|
|Process of challenging answer key begins||December 3, 2019||Candidates can challenge IIFT 2020 answer key on NTA website|
|Last date to challenge answer key||December 5, 2019||No request will be accepted after 11:50 pm.|
|Result announcement||December 13, 2019||Delayed by 2 days, scorecards available on NTA-IIFT website|
IIFT 2020: Cut Offs
The cut-off marks for admission in the 2020 batch for MBA in International Business at IIFT is expected to be 105-108 marks. The cut off marks depend upon the difficulty level of the exam.
|Section Name||Expected Cut Off|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||12 – 14|
|Quantitative Aptitude||9 – 10|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||27 – 30|
|General Awareness||3.5 – 4.5|
|Overall||105 – 108|
Read More: IIFT Exam Cut-Offs
IIFT Admission Process
IIFT has its own process of shortlisting and selecting students for its program To know more, read below:
- Only students who pass the entrance exam qualify for further selection rounds which include Essay Writing, GD (Group Discussion) and PI (Personal Interview) rounds.
- To test Writing skills, candidates will have to write an essay of approximately 300 words within 20 minutes on a General / Business affairs topic. Also Read:IIFT Admission Process
- In the GD round, candidates will be split into groups, each group consisting of 10-12 members. Each group will be given a topic for discussion. Candidates will be tested on their communication skills and how they communicate their ideas.
- PI is the last and final round is the PI round in which an interviewer questions the candidates.
- Candidates are communicated the final result via email.
IIFT Eligibility Criteria
- A Bachelor’s degree of 3 years in any subject.
- IIFT welcomes applications from students in their final year of graduation. However, documents showing qualification by October 7, 2020 will need to be submitted.
- Students applying under the General Category should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in Graduation (45% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD categories)Also Read: IIFT Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure
IIFT Exam Preparation
Apart from studying from the recommended books, students should go through IIFT topper interviews to make a successful preparation strategy. Take a look at the articles below for IIFT exam preparation tips.
Read more: How to Prepare for IIFT 2020 exam?
IIFT Exam Day Guidelines
IIFT exam 2020 will be held from 10 am to 12 noon. The IIFT question paper will have questions in MCQ format. Listed below are some dos and don’ts of IIFT exam 2020.
- For identification and verification process, reach by 8 AM at the examination hall.
- Need to carry 2 copies of the your IIFT admit card
- Bring a passport size photo of yourself (same as uploaded with the application form) which will be pasted in the attendance sheet at the exam Centre
- Carry any id proof like, PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID, Driving License, PAN Card (original and photocopy)
- Students reaching after 10 AM at the examination center will not be permitted to enter and sit for the exam.
- Electronics such as calculator, digital watch, phones not permitted.
- Food items not permitted.
- Do not wear any accessory or outfit having metal in it
IIFT 2020 Test Cities
The IIFT 2020 exam will be conducted across in 20 cities across India. Students will be given an option to select up to four cities for allotment of test center during the application process.
Important FAQs Regarding IIFT Exam
A: The exam fee for the exam varies and depends on the category of the candidate.
|General/OBC candidates||INR 2000/-|
|SC/ST/PH candidates||INR 1000/-|
|Foreign National/NRI/Children of NRI candidates||US $150 (Rs 9,500)|
A: Yes, you can apply for the exam. However, you have to submit your Graduation certification certificate before the last date till that time your admission will be provisional
A: The IIFT exam 2020 will be conducted in Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur and Visakhapatnam, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Dehradun, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jamshedpur.
A: Yes, the syllabus for IIFT exam is similar to CAT for English, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. However, IIFT aspirants have to study General Awareness too as it is one of the four sections of IIFT question paper.
A: Yes, an average student can definitely get into IIFT if that student performs well in the entrance exam and clears the group discussion and personal interview with confidence and positivity.
A: Cracking IIFT is considered tough as over 60,000 students take the entrance exam while there are only 420 seats on offer at all the three campuses of the institute. However, if your prepare for the IIFT exam well, you can crack it.
A: No. The exam is conducted only for admission to IIFT’s MBA-IB course. No other institute accept IIFT score for admission.
A: The IIFT exam paper is of moderate to difficult level, generally. Thus, the aspirant must prepare well to get a good score in the exam.
A: IIFT exam 2020 will be conducted online. Each candidate will be given a computer system to log their answers through the mouse and keyboard.
A: The result of IIFT 2020 exam was announced on December 13, 2019.
A: Essay Writing, GD and PI is likely to be held in February 2020. Selected candidates will be notified through email.