The registration for the IIFT exam commenced on process began on September 09, 2019 and although it was supposed to conclude on October 25, 2019 but was extended for nine days.The last date for registration for the IIFT exam was November 03, 2019 for the whole of India with the exception of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh candidates, for them the last date was November 08, 2019. For registering for the IIFT 2020 exam, candidates were required submit the IIFT registration form released by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The NTA is the official body conducting the exam. Registration under the Foreign category for the IIFT exam is now open.
IIFT 2020 Registration in Numbers
A total of 39752 applications were received for the IIFT exam this year. The table below highlights applications received category wise.
On December 1, 2019, the IIFT 2020 exam was held and the result declaration is scheduled for December 11, 2019.
Learn to fill the IIFT Application Form 2020
The IIFT registration process is a four-step process. A complete step-by-step process for registering for the exam which entails registering, login, filling application form, paying for the IIFT application fee and uploading documents on the official website of IIFT, Delhi is given below:
Step 1 – IIFT Registration 2020
The first step of registration is to register on the NTA-IIFT website. Follow the steps highlighted below:
- Click on “Fill Online Application Form”and select new registration
- Fill and submit the details asked in the application form.
- Submit the form
- Enter a password chosen by you and thereafter select a security question
- The system will generate an application number. Note it and save it.
- At the time of the login, fill in the abovementioned application number.
Step 2 –Fill application form and Login
- To Login, fill in your application number generated and after logging in, complete the IIFT registration process.
- candidates will be informed via email on successfully completing their registration process.
Step 3 – Upload photo, signature and certificates
The steps for uploading a candidate’s photo, signature and certificates are given below:
- The photo that you will be uploading should be a recent picture of clear contrast, in colour or black/white.
- The photo’s size should range between 10 kb to 200 kb and should be in JPG/JPEG format
- The scanned signature should be in JPG/JPEG format and should range between 4 kb to 30 kb.
- The size of the category certificate, if being uploaded (if applicable) should be between 50 kb to 300 kb
Step 4 – Application fee
Candidates can choose any of the options of credit card/debit card (VISA/Mastercard), net banking or mobile wallets (Paytm/UPI) to pay the fees.
The IIFT application fees as per category-wise is given in the table below:
|General/OBC candidates||Rs 2000|
|SC/ST/PH candidates||Rs 1000|
|For Foreign Nationals/NRIs||US$ 150 (Rs 9,500)|
For future reference, candidates must keep a copy of the filled-in application form and also a copy of the duly-filled form and fee payment acknowledgment slip
IIFT Registration 2020: Things to Remember
- For registration use a valid mobile phone number and email ID and since all the communication regarding the IIFT exam and admission will be done through contact information you submit.
- Make sure that no mandatory details are left unfilled. Fill out the fields marked ‘mandatory’ in the IIFT registration-cum-application form.
- Make sure that the information you area filling out is correct because any form containing incorrect information will be rejected
- The copies of all document being uploaded as well as the IIFT application form should be clear in contrast.
- The IIFT application process will be complete after candidate has successfully paid the application fees.
- Candidates have option to reset the password through security questions, verification link (email), and verification code (sms)
IIFT 2020 Application Form Correction
The IIFT 2020 application form correction window opened was opened from November 9 to 11, 2019. In this window time, candidates can verify the details submitted and also edit any detail if required.
The details which the candidate has the option to edit during this correction window period are: mistake in identification information, double fee payment, wrong photograph and signature, educational information.
During this window period, candidates can also raise their query (if any) regarding payment of fee, payment not updated, verification, multiple application form issue and other such issues.
Kindly note that the option to correct/edit the details in the Application Form is only available to candidates who are registered. Check the following steps, to verify the information submitted in the form and edit the same if required.
- Open the IIFT website
- Click on ‘Login’tab
- Enter application number and password
- Click on ‘Register Query’
- Select query type and description (if any)
- Attach image of the error or a screenshot of the error which size shoud range between 10-200 kb
- Click on ‘Submit’ tab
- To check whether the request for update of information has been accepted or not Click on ‘Query Status’ after sometime. If accepted, the correction will be done has been allowed
FAQs Related to IIFT Registration cum Application Process
A: There is no age restriction for appearing for IIFT exam.
A: Candidates can rectify any error in the Form when the correction window opens
A: No. There is no provision of filling the IIFT application form offline. The IIFT exam application form will be available online only.
A: No. The discount for the application fee is only for SC/ST/PwD candidates and there is no discount for OBC candidates.