One Year MBA / Executive PGDM at IMI, New Delhi
- Name of the B-School: International Management Institute (IMI) New Delhi
- Name of the program: One Year Full time Executive PGDM
- Course Duration: 15 Months
- Course Format: Full Time
- Course Start date: 01st April 2020
- Location: New Delhi India
The Programme is approved by AICTE and accredited by Association of MBA’s (AMBA) and National Board of Accreditation (NBA). IMI becomes only the fifth management institute in the country, which includes IIM Lucknow and IIM Kozhikode, to obtain this accreditation.
IMI New Delhi is ranked 14th Overall and Ranked 5th Among Private B Schools according to Business World rankings
Eduniversal Best Masters Ranked IMI 7th in Central Asia in general management 9th in Central Asia in HRM and 16th in executive MAnagement
- General Management : 7th in Central Asia
- HRM : 9th in Central Asia
- Executive Management : 16th in Central Asia
- Ranked 25th overall among Management Institutions in India Rankings 2018 NIRF, Ministry of HRD,
Government of India
What is One Executive PGDM at IMI New Delhi?
According to the B-School, started in 1984, the 15-month Executive Post Graduate Program is designed for experienced middle level managers who wish to take up leadership roles in the industry or have been identified by their organizations for such roles. The Program provides general management and functional area orientation with emphasis on international and cross-cultural exposure. The Program would provide an opportunity for personal as well as professional growth through a rigorous interactive learning environment including a 5-week International study module.
- B.A economics – 20%
- B.Tech – 70%
- Others – 10%
Men/ Women Ratio : 50% Female students and 50% Males
- IT/Es – 55
- Oil and Gas – 9%
- Telecom – 9%
- Banking and finance – 18%
- Others – 9%
As per the B-School, candidates who fulfill the following requirements are eligible to apply for admission:
- Educational Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent recognized by the Association of Indian Universities with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- Work Experience : Minimum 5 years of full time, post-qualification, experience as on March 31, 2019.
- Other Requirement : Proficiency in written and spoken English is required. The candidates interested in the International module must possess a valid passport with expiry not earlier than December 2020.
According to IMI Delhi, this program is open to individuals from all nationalities and applicants could be:
- Self-Sponsored Candidates
- Company Sponsored from Private/Public Sector/Government Departments
- Entrepreneurs or those from Family owned businesses
- Non-Resident Indians(NRIs) / Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) working for an organization or enterprise
- Defense Personnel who have retired or will be retiring shortly
- International Professionals from any country
According to the B-School, application process is as follows
- IMI admission Bulletin can be downloaded from B-School website website www.imi.edu
- Application form is available at http://admission.imi.edu and must be submitted online.
- Applicant should complete the online application form and submit the same along with the admission fee.
- The admission application fee for self-sponsored candidates is Rs.2200/- and is non-refundable.
- The admission fee can be paid through Credit Card/ Debit Card/Net Banking through the designated payment gateway. No receipts are to be sent to IMI’s Admission Office in such a case.
Applications complete in all respects, including application fees (where applicable), should be submitted online by midnight 15th January, 2019. Incomplete forms are liable to be rejected summarily.
According to the B-School, admission test process is as follows:
- For all self-sponsored candidates, admission to the Program is based on scores in the Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by The Indian Institute of Management, GMAT and XAT. For all such candidates IMI will accept CAT scores for any year from 2016 onwards. Candidates who have appeared for GMAT, not earlier than January 1,2017 and not later than November 2018, are also eligible to apply and must provide their GMAT scores while applying. Candidates can also apply through XAT scores for the last two years (i.e. 2017 & 2018). In exceptional circumstances self-sponsored candidates may be permitted to take IMI’s admission Test in lieu of CAT, GMAT and XAT scores. External bodies have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the Program.
- Foreign students, PIO and NRI sponsored candidates are also eligible, based on their GMAT scores, provided they have taken the GMAT test not earlier than January 1, 2017 and not later than November 2018, and submit such scores while applying to IMI.
Besides Delhi, the selection process will be conducted at some other cities including Bangalore, Kolkata, and Mumbai based on choice of preferences. Candidates should indicate their first and second preference of interview cities in the application form. If a candidate’s preferred city is not allotted, for any reason, the candidate will be informed of the change. IMI reserves the right to change any of the cities for the selection process, without assigning any reasons.
According to the B-School, selection process is as follows
- Candidates sponsored by a PSU or Corporate House will be shortlisted on the basis of information provided in the application form and the recommendation of the sponsoring organization.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of information provided in the application form, CAT scores, GMAT score, XAT score or IMI Test score, educational background, marks in 10th, 12th, graduation & work experience.
- Based on the above short listing, applicants will be called for a Personal Interview to assess their suitability for the Program. Interviews will be tentatively held in November/December. For Foreign students’ skype interview may be conducted.
- Experience certificate, certified copy of GMAT / CAT / XAT scorecard and Sponsorship letter (if applicable) would be required to be submitted, at the time of interview, where applicable.
Applicants should note that the mere fulfillment of minimum eligibility criteria or recommendation from the sponsoring organization will not ensure consideration for short listing or selection by IMI.
- Admission offer will be based on the assessment made during the selection process, defined above.
- In the case of PSU/Corporate House sponsored candidates, the sponsoring authority will be notified. Sponsoring organizations will be required to confirm in writing the names of candidates who will finally be joining the Program, within two weeks of the communication of the result.
- Offer letters to self- sponsored applicants will be dispatched to the mailing address provided in the application form. The offer will also be emailed. Successful candidates will be required to pay the 1st installment of fee within two weeks of the date of issue of the offer, failing which the offer shall stand cancelled and admission will be automatically offered to the next candidate on the waiting list.
Head / Instalment Indian Participants (Rs.) Foreign Participants(US $) Tuition Fee 7,68,000 11,300 Text/Reading Material 30,000 450 Student Activity/Welfare 12,000 200 Library Fee 26,000 350 Lodging (single Executive AC Rooms) 2,10,000 3,000 Boarding 1,38,000 2,000 Subtotal 11,84,000 17,300 Security Deposit* 10,000 100 Alumni- Life Membership 6,000 100 Total 12,00,000 17,500
|Indian Participants (Rs.)||Foreign Participants(US $)|
|At the time of acceptance of admission offer||2,00,000||5,950|
|Before Joining (2nd April 2020)||2,10,000|
|By 31st August 2020||3,95,000||5,775|
|By 30th November 2020||3,95,000||5,775|
- 900 Contact hours
- 10 elective courses
- 18 core courses
- Filed Project
As per the B-School, the complete program is of 90 credits, where each credit corresponds to the equivalent of 10 hours of classroom contact. During the program, students will complete 18 core courses of 54 credits, and 30 credits of elective courses as well as a 6-credit field project. The Field project needs to be completed along with the final report submission and presentation by the end of the 5th Term. Participants opting for the International module will do two elective courses with the international partners. Other participant will do two elective courses at IMI, Delhi. A student also has an option to pursue a Course of Independent Study as per the norms defined in the student’s handbook. Classes are of ninety minutes duration and each course (of 3 credits) has twenty sessions which means 30 hours of class room interaction. The entire program is completed over a 15-month period.
The list of core courses offered in Executive PGDM (2019-20) is:
- Data Interpretation for Managers
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Financial Markets
- Managing People at Work
- IT for Managers
- Micro Economics
- Legal Aspects of Business
- Managerial Communications
- Assessing and Creating Customer Value
- Competition and Strategy
- Macro Economics
- Corporate Finance
- Human Resource Systems and Processes
- Delivering and Managing Customer Value
- Strategic Operations Management
- Research Method in Management
- Management Information System
- Managerial Accounting for Decision Making
- Corporate Governance
- International Business
- Sustainable Development
*The list is indicative may be modified, if required.
- Management of Banks
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Financial Derivatives and Risk Management
- Project and Infrastructure Finance
- Advanced Financial Statement Analysis
- Management of Financial Services
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Micro Finance
- Working Capital Management
- Wealth Management and Financial Planning
- Tax Planning and Management
- Strategic Profit and Cost Management
- International Finance
- Treasury & Risk Management
- Strategic Financial Management
- Business Valuation
- Bank Management
- Sales and Distribution Management
- Marketing of Services
- Consumer Behavior
- Product and Brand Management
- B2B Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Customer Relationship Management
- International Marketing
- Strategic Marketing
- Marketing to the Bottom of the Pyramid
- Marketing Research
- Business Forecasting **
Operation management and quantitative techniques
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Quality Management
- Service Operations Management
- Simulation Modeling
- Business Forecasting **
- Time Series Modeling
- Project Management
- Operations Strategy
- Quantitative Techniques for Decision Making
- Business Analytics**
- Excellence in Operations Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Data & Information Security
- Enterprise Data warehousing & Intelligence
- Introduction to R Programming
- IT Consulting (Visiting Faculty)
- Software Project Management
- SMAC(Social Media, Analytics & Cloud)
- Enterprise & Business Simulation
- Business Analytics**
Strategy and General Management
- Business Modeling
- In-organic Growth through M&A
- Business in Emerging Markets
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Recent Trends in Corporate Governance
- Competitive Strategy
- Business Ethics and Ethical Behaviour
- Strategy Execution and Change
- Digital Business Strategy
- Innovation Strategy
Human Resource and Organizational Behavior
- Employees Relations in the Global Context
- Personal Growth Lab
- Competency Management
- Talent Management
- Diversity Management
- Leadership and Managerial Effectiveness
- Team Building & Conflict Management
- Business Negotiation Skills
- Strategic Performance Management
- Management of Organizational Change: Issues & Challenges
- Strategic Human Resources Management
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Meaning, Happiness and Well-being at Work
- Designing Organizations for Sustainable Competitive Edge
*The list is indicative may be modified, if required.
** Multidisciplinary Elective
Field Research Project (6 credits)
The field research project for self-sponsored candidates is to be undertaken for any company of their choice in consultation with their faculty mentor. For Company sponsored candidates, the field research project is to be conducted at the place of employment of the participant. The project is to be jointly guided by IMI faculty and a project supervisor from the employer organization (wherever applicable). The field project is an important and integral component of work in the Executive PGDM Program. It provides an opportunity for the students to demonstrate their independence and originality, to plan and organize a large project and to put into practice management concepts and frameworks they have been taught throughout the 12-month course. Successful completion of the Field Project is an essential requirement for qualifying the Executive PGDM Diploma.
Placements Data (Approx)
Highest Package: 20.75 Lacs per annum
Got a comment, question or input? Share it below!
[news_focus cat=”IMI-Delhi” /]