IIM Ahmedabad Placements
Final placement process for MBA (PGP) batch of 2018-2020 at IIM Ahmedabad completed recently. The institute recorded 100 percent placements yet again. In the recent placement 2020, BCG, McKinsey, and TCS emerged as the top recruiters. The Institute’s placement process was conducted in 2 phases and 3 clusters across more than 20 domains.
Placement Highlights 2020 – IIM Ahmedabad
In the month of February, final placement process at the institute is conducted. Some of the highlights from placements 2020 are tabulated below:
|Number of organizations participated||153|
|Total number of job offers given||182|
|Top recruiting organization||McKinsey (with 27 offers)|
|Number of New Recruiters||38|
*Dream Applications are those where candidates are given the flexibility of putting “dream” applications to organizations of their choice in a subsequent cluster even with an job-offer in hand
IMPORTANT NOTE: The salary package information for final IIM Ahmedabad placements 2018-2020 class will be made public by the end of the year in the institute audited placement report. OneYearMBA will update this report with the Salary figures as and when the information is received.
Some more important highlights:
- In the General Management domain with six offers CK Birla was the largest recruiter
- AB InBev made the maximum offers (8), followed by Airtel with 7 offers, for Consumer Goods and Consumer Services domain respectively
- TCS was the largest recruiter with 12 offers for IT Consulting domain
- FinIQ extended the highest number of offers (including PPOs) – 11, in the lateral process
- Some of the new recruiters at IIM Ahmedabad this year are HCL Technologies and Strategy (Middle East), Blackstone Group, Diageo, Colgate, DaytoDay Health, FIITJEE
- During the lateral hiring process of placements 44 organizations hired. These organizations were from diverse sectors such as Analytics, Banking, Technology, Consulting, and General Management.
- Under the guidance of CIIE.CO, the entrepreneurial hub built by the institute, 2 candidates got the opportunity to start their own venture
In past 3 years, it is observed that the number of organization visited the IIMA increased with every passing batch, and the number of dream applications received by the PGP students has gone down.
Top Companies 2020 – IIM Ahmedabad
Mentioned below are some of the top recruiters at IIM Ahmedabad:
- T. Rowe Price
- UAE Xchange
- Oliver Wyman
- Hindustan Unilever
- Goldman Sachs
With 100% placements of 2019 batch, IIM Ahmedabad completed the entire placement process in three clusters. 184 different job roles were offered by 139 companies and the IIMA released its placement data after IPRS Audit in the month of October. A few highlights from 2019 placement are listed below:
- 385 candidates participated in the recruitment process while 6 chose to opt out for off-campus placement
- The highest domestic salary package offered was Rs 70 lakh/ annum
- The average domestic salary package increased to Rs 25.83 lakh/ annum
- Highest International salary Package rose to 83.51 lakhs/ annum from last year’s Rs 66 lakh/ annum
- Total number of participants who accepted placement offers was 388
- 2 out of 10 participants embarked on Entrepreneurship Ventures
- 8 out of 10 participants sought recruitment outside the campus
Placements comparison between batch of 2018 vs. 2019
|First-time recruiters||United Breweries, SAIF Partners, Russell Reynolds, Etihad Airways, OLAM||ITC Agri, KPMG, Grofers, Walmart, Basix|
|Top recruiting organizations||24 job offers by Accenture Strategy||18 Job offers by Accenture Strategy|
|Top recruiting sector||Consulting||Consulting|
Domain Wise Placements 2019 – IIM Ahmedabad
The Placement report of batch 2019 at IIMA shows that there were 143 dream applications, where candidates were offered the flexibility to choose a job offer in the sector/ area of their interest. Under the guidance of Centre for Innovation Incubation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE), 2 candidates opted to take up entrepreneurship. Multiple jobs opportunities were offered in all the major domains and the details of same are mentioned below:
Consumer Technology Domain
- The organizations that recruited candidates in this sector include Ola, Paytm, Uber and Microsoft
- With 10 Job offer Paytm was the top recruiter followed by Microsoft with 8 job offers
Consumer Goods and Services Domain
- For Consumer Goods & Services domain, the institute saw participation from the corporate like Asian Paints, AB InBev, Nestlé, P&G, HUL, General Mills, ITC, Mondeléz, Reckitt Benckiser and Samsung.
- Most number of offers were given by HUL followed by Mondelez and Wipro Consumer Care
- HUL made 5 job offers, while Mondelez and Wipro Consumer Care made 3 job offers each
General Management & Leadership Domain
- Companies recruited for this domain include Reliance, Aditya Birla Group, CK Birla Group, Mahindra, RPG, Emaar and Tata Administrative Services
- With 9 job offers Aditya Birla Group was the top recruiter for this domain
Also Read – Two IIM A MBAs Take An Altruistic Path
Retail and B2B Domain
- For this sector, with total 14 job offers Flipkart was the top recruiter followed by Amazon that made 11 job offers
- Companies Recruiting in this domain include The Boston Consulting Group, Accenture Strategy, Bain & Co., A.T. Kearney, McKinsey & Co., Oliver Wyman, and Monitor Deloitte
- With 24 job offers Accenture was the top recruiter followed by Boston Consulting with 20 job offers
Private Equity and Venture Capital (PE/VC) Domain
- In comparison to 2018, this domain saw a 200% jump in the participation of recruiting companies
- Companies offered roles to candidates in this domain include Matrix Partners and SAIF Partners
Investment Banking and Market Space Domain
- Companies Recruiting in this domain includes Goldman Sachs, Barclays, Citi, Credit Suisse, HSBC and JP Morgan
- Avendus was the top recruiter followed by JP Morgan in this domain
Banking, Financial Services and Insurance Domain
- Companies Recruiting in this domain includes American Express and FinlQ
Top Alumni Recruiters – IIM Ahmedabad
The top organization where alumni of the institute work are similar to the ones that came out as the top recruiters from the institute in 2020. Other than that, few other top companies to which alums of the institute are associated include the below mentioned:
- Google Chrome
- HDFC Bank
Alumni Domain wise Split
As per the statics, approximately 30% of the institute alumni are presently working in Business Development roles across various companies followed by who work in the field of Sales & Marketing with approximately 14%. Other top domains, which alumni of the institute are currently employed with include Consulting, Finance & Operations with 6%, 7% & 12% respectively.
IIM Ahmedabad Frequently Asked Questions
A. The Boston Consulting Group, Accenture and Flipkart and are the top recruiters.
A. The median package offered was 23 Lakh/ annum and the highest package offered was 72 Lakh/ annum in 2019 placements.
A. During 2019 and 2018 placements, consulting topped the list. Organizations like A.T. Kearney, Accenture Strategy, McKinsey & Co., Bain & Co., and Monitor Deloitte, etc. were among the top names for the Consulting sector.
A. Several roles at various levels are offered such as Marketing manager, CFO, etc.
A. HCL Technologies and Strategy (Middle East), Blackstone Group, DaytoDay Health, Colgate, Diageo, FIITJEE, are the organizations that came for the first time at the institute for 2020 placements.